• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What position battles are you watching?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me its RT. This is the only spot on our line I am concerned with and have zero confidence in Newhouse. They had the lineman grades in the JS yesterday and the guy was responsible for 21 sacks in two years. Thats insane. Maybe the switch to the right helps him but its hard to have confidence in a guy that has been so ineffective.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just about any position along the O-line will be worth watching TBH. We know how good Bulaga has been as a Tackle but can he make the switch to LT seamlessly. He looked horrible against speed rushers last year.

For me, it'll be the secondary. Joe Whitt has already said that there will be some stiff competition in camp and that nobody's job is safe. I'm hoping we see some changes, especially after the Week 17 embarrassment and the playoff loss. People will complain about the front 7 in both of those games but the secondary, in particular the CB's, were fairly anemic in that game.

Another big question is who will replace Bishop. We think the foregone conclusion is Brad Jones but Jones is more of a role player than Bishop was. Here's where Manning needs to step up and I think he can do it.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to see Manning become the camp darling like Bishop did early in his career.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside linebacker, but I don't see anything big happening there.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be nice to see Manning become the camp darling like Bishop did early in his career.

Bishop did not see much playing time on defense until Barnett got hurt in 2010... he was in his 4th year with the team in 2010.

Or am I reading your comment wrong and you are thinking down the road 1-2 years Manning starting.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bishop did not see much playing time on defense until Barnett got hurt in 2010... he was in his 4th year with the team in 2010.

Or am I reading your comment wrong and you are thinking down the road 1-2 years Manning starting.
I think he's referring to Bishop being a camp/preseason beast for a couple years before he actually got to start.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just about any position along the O-line will be worth watching TBH. We know how good Bulaga has been as a Tackle but can he make the switch to LT seamlessly. He looked horrible against speed rushers last year.

For me, it'll be the secondary. Joe Whitt has already said that there will be some stiff competition in camp and that nobody's job is safe. I'm hoping we see some changes, especially after the Week 17 embarrassment and the playoff loss. People will complain about the front 7 in both of those games but the secondary, in particular the CB's, were fairly anemic in that game.

Another big question is who will replace Bishop. We think the foregone conclusion is Brad Jones but Jones is more of a role player than Bishop was. Here's where Manning needs to step up and I think he can do it.

Bulaga was being groomed at LT before the Tauscher injury and his sack total last year was 6, with 4 of those in the Seattle game where lets be honest..MM playcalling in the 1st half did none of the lineman any favors. His pressures total has also gone down every year. He will be fine.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm eyeing the rb battle and I hear that a wrench is being thrown in the gears by Starks. Sounds like he wants to stay a Packer and is practicing well

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Starks as the guy - hasn't been consistent - ever.

I'm interested to see if #7 is a real Kicker [#2 stunk last year].

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby is a good kicker...I just think he had a bad year.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully. He was one of the best for a long time.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 2 years now I literally leave the room or look away when Crosby lines up. Keep in mind the guy hit a game winner right away and then thunked during subsequent opportunities even during the years he was putting up good stats. He obviously has it physically, but mentally, I just don't see it.

eliandco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im looking at Daniels stealing Wilsons DE starting spot. Hearing Daniels is kicking rear!

Rookie CB Micah Hyde s playing well with Williams/Hayward nursing tweaks. So Im interested to see where he ends up on the depth chart? We have Williams, Hayward, Sheilds, House, Bush, and now Hyde. Williams better hope he doesn't stay tweaked too long. He has some talent pushing him...
RB position obviously. I think Lacy is going to come out as the work horse. With the rest of the crew fighting for scraps.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im looking at Daniels stealing Wilsons DE starting spot. Hearing Daniels is kicking rear!

Rookie CB Micah Hyde s playing well with Williams/Hayward nursing tweaks. So Im interested to see where he ends up on the depth chart? We have Williams, Hayward, Sheilds, House, Bush, and now Hyde. Williams better hope he doesn't stay tweaked too long. He has some talent pushing him...
RB position obviously. I think Lacy is going to come out as the work horse. With the rest of the crew fighting for scraps.

He shouldn't even be in this camp the way he's played the last two years. If I were TT, I would've at least told him to take a paycut or GET cut. The guy offers nothing in run support and doesn't have the agility or aggression he once had. He cost us the game at Minnesota getting into a sissy fight with Jerome Simpson of all people and if Hyde has really played well so far, it's time to move on, period.

Also, I agree with LoftonPack80 on MM's play-calling in the Seattle game. He clearly had NO answer for the speed rush and Bulaga looked horrible in that game as a result.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1 Williams just hasn't been the same since 2010 and there is a lot of talent in camp that is much cheaper than TW. He is making WAAAY too much for how much he is contributing.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::clap: Finally. More people see the light.