• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What P5 conference not named 'The PAC' would take Washington

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's right.
Then the Big 12 might as well break up if they expand West without any CA schools. UW looks nice on paper but they don't really add to what the Big 12 needs. Talking about bringing them with Wazzu, Utah and CO? No thanks.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Big 12 is going to expand..Washington should not be it's priority. CA and AZ schools should be the priority just for recruiting alone. Once (if) you get the big fish in SC to join, then you can work on UW imo
The California schools would be a great choice.

Report: Alabama, TCU Considering Playing Each Other For Season Opener

PROHIBITION ON STATE-FUNDED AND STATE-SPONSORED TRAVEL TO STATES WITH DISCRIMINATORY LAWS (ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 1887)
The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel:
  1. Alabama
  2. Iowa
  3. Kansas
  4. Kentucky
  5. Mississippi
  6. North Carolina
  7. Oklahoma
  8. South Carolina
  9. South Dakota
  10. Tennessee
  11. Texas

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The California schools would be a great choice.

Report: Alabama, TCU Considering Playing Each Other For Season Opener

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...xas-sues-california-for-interstate-travel-ban

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/the-state-worker/article235075187.html

PROHIBITION ON STATE-FUNDED AND STATE-SPONSORED TRAVEL TO STATES WITH DISCRIMINATORY LAWS (ASSEMBLY BILL NO. 1887)
The following states are currently subject to California’s ban on state-funded and state-sponsored travel:
  1. Alabama
  2. Iowa
  3. Kansas
  4. Kentucky
  5. Mississippi
  6. North Carolina
  7. Oklahoma
  8. South Carolina
  9. South Dakota
  10. Tennessee
  11. Texas
That's not going to stop schools playing in Texas.. hell last season they had CS Fullerton in Austin.. along with a tennis match.

By the time expansion talks really heat up, Covid 19 will be over. Again, taking Udub, Oregon, Utah, Wazzu, Oregon State, Co, etc without any CA schools would be the death of the Big 12. Big 12 survives on Texas recruiting for the most part, the conference needs AZ or CA (preferably both) if they want to continue

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not going to stop schools playing in Texas.. hell last season they had CS Fullerton in Austin.. along with a tennis match.

By the time expansion talks really heat up, Covid 19 will be over. Again, taking Udub, Oregon, Utah, Wazzu, Oregon State, Co, etc without any CA schools would be the death of the Big 12. Big 12 survives on Texas recruiting for the most part, the conference needs AZ or CA (preferably both) if they want to continue
Let's be honest here ok. Austin is not real Texas .. it's like San Francisco rebranded.

Texas sues over California travel ban to 11 states

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true. Ohio State gets all of Washington's best players anyway, so it's not like there is anything there for recruiting.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Washington likes to load up the out of conference schedule every year with Big Sky Conference FCS teams, I feel like that's a natural fit given geography and familiarity since they've played pretty much all of them in the last decade.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you bring in the Arizona rivalry, and the Washington rivalry, plug give WVU a rivalry game with Pitt.

That seems like it would work good.
I doubt Pitt leaves the ACC anytime soon, too much money with the ACC Network. If it goes anywhere I'd bet the Big 10, regionally/culturally it's closer to that than the Big 12 (or ACC for that matter) and now that Joe Pa kicked the bucket he isn't there to block it.

But to the point, if the Pac splits I'd imagine USC, Washington and the Arizona schools would be the most in-demand. USC for football (I think that cash cow would just be too great to pass up even with California's local government) Arizonas for the recruiting and heavy-student body and Washington's athletics and academics all-around offer a lot. Oregon I'm going back and forth on, big national brand but all the questions with the state government.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Washington likes to load up the out of conference schedule every year with Big Sky Conference FCS teams, I feel like that's a natural fit given geography and familiarity since they've played pretty much all of them in the last decade.
How many schools have played more P5 programs than Washington in the past 40 years. Try only a handful and while your at it tell your HC to stop killing students.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Pitt leaves the ACC anytime soon, too much money with the ACC Network. If it goes anywhere I'd bet the Big 10, regionally/culturally it's closer to that than the Big 12 (or ACC for that matter) and now that Joe Pa kicked the bucket he isn't there to block it.

But to the point, if the Pac splits I'd imagine USC, Washington and the Arizona schools would be the most in-demand. USC for football (I think that cash cow would just be too great to pass up even with California's local government) Arizonas for the recruiting and heavy-student body and Washington's athletics and academics all-around offer a lot. Oregon I'm going back and forth on, big national brand but all the questions with the state government.
Once Uncle Phil kicks the bucket Oregon is going back to being the real Oregon as in not shit.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many schools have played more P5 programs than Washington in the past 40 years. Try only a handful and while your at it tell your HC to stop killing students.

Sweet, and totally original comeback...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What more could you expect from a broke-ass redneck POS like AlaskaFag?

I mean I'm fine with him using that line, but he's used it like 10 times now. All I'm asking for is new material.

WindyCityCoug

Fat Stacks Bitches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the UW Fuskies Football future looks like this - (if they Lucky)

Big_Sky_Generic_web.jpg