• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what makes teams start fall camp on diff dates?

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What factors into a team starting Fall camp on whatever day...I believe Florida started fall camp like last Wednesday or something and USC started about a week ago..And some teams haven't started practice yet...I would think each and every coach in the country would want to get started immediately so it is interesting why some teams have yet to start camp.

Anyone know what determines this?

I'm guessing Rich Rod over at Michigan started Fall Camp back on July 2nd...We just haven't heard about it yet.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume (by NCAA rule) each team is limited to a certain # of hours/days prior to their first game they can practice. It's up to respective coaches how they'll schedule that time when it comes to days off etc..

I'm not sure though..

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong but I believe it has to do with when classes officially begin for that particular institution and when the first scheduled game is. Counting in reverse from those to factors and I'm sure there are many others in the bylaws

Epic Leprikon

I am Epic Leprikon?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not sure, bought I thought it was supposed to be something like 4 weeks of practice before your first game.