• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is the Infatuation?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MIZZOU chose to leave; Texas and OU stayed to save the Big 12, period. Why would you feel bad for OU? They are making more money than they ever have and will launch the Sooner network in '15. Plus, the Big 12 is finally sharing TV revenue on an equal basis, rather than sharing it on an unequal basis, which is how NU wanted it to be when the conference was formed. Big 12 is just fine.......

Pretty sure the LHN money is not divided equally, but I may be wrong.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the LHN money is not divided equally, but I may be wrong.

LOL.....and OU won't be sharing Sooner network money. Kansas and KSU have had their own networks for YEARS and nobody cared or complained.

That's the beauty of the B12. You can sell your Tier 3 rights for whatever you want, assuming there's a buyer out there willing to pay.

I have no idea why this is so controversial, when literally every school in the country has the same rights in this regard.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, people fail to realize that Kansas has been making a pretty penny off their basketball games for years. If LSU was smart they'd ditch the SEC and shake espn down for their own network. As much as LSU loves baseball, they'd love their own network.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like you guys invaded the Big8. Texas destroyed what was once a very tradition rich conference. It's yours now.

Big 8 was dying. That is one of the biggest lies put out there. The Big 8 and SWC merged, not out of opportunity, but out of necessity. You really think a conference based on geographic region of Nebraska and Oklahoma could have survived in this world? Texas destroyed nothing. Big 8 need to find a critical population mass to survive and Texas was its only choice. Big 12 was built on a faulty foundation. Nebraska, Colorado, A&M, Texas, and OU all decided on unequal revenue. Ironically OU and TExas benefited the least from this arrangement. OU was on probation. TExas was working through some questionable coaching decisions. If KSU, Kansas, OSU, or ISU fans want to throw daggers I am cool with it. They have that right. The rest of the schools all share in the blame.

Last edited by a moderator:

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maurice-Moss.gif

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally still think the Big XII would not have been in such a shape had the idiot Dan Beebe taken some of the issues seriously and not acted like the Stay Calm guy from Animal House.

Even Texas and OU were being courted and listening to offers from other conferences.

And Beebe ran around yelling "all is well!"

The Big XII is recovering again and has been from the moment Beebe was shown the door.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Big 12 was always faulty. Built on farm land with a low population base. I have long been in favor of a Texas/OU Pac whatever. Would instantly compete for the best conference.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Big 12 was always faulty. Built on farm land with a low population base. I have long been in favor of a Texas/OU Pac whatever. Would instantly compete for the best conference.
-------
That would become the most powerful conference except the Big 12 has yet to even consider pooling its third tier rights and sharing that revenue. As such the Pac will never invite you guys.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 messed up when they took colorado instead of baylor. IF they were willing to take the enitre big 12 south as is, i bet they all would've agreed to go. And if aTm says no, then add colorado to round out the 6.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
That would become the most powerful conference except the Big 12 has yet to even consider pooling its third tier rights and sharing that revenue. As such the Pac will never invite you guys.
-
Fact that the Pac has invited Texas twice invalidates your opinion. The marriage may never be conceived, but the 2 sides have flirted enough times to know that there is mutual interest there.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

Nebraska doesn't share one penny of the $9.5M they make every year off of their 3rd tier rights revenue. Actually, there isn't one school in the country that shares their 3rd tier right revenue with any conference member. Why in the hell would any Big 12 member agree to share their 3rd tier rights revenue with conference members? I wonder if some of you idiots understand what 3rd tier is/means?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Fact that the Pac has invited Texas twice invalidates your opinion. The marriage may never be conceived, but the 2 sides have flirted enough times to know that there is mutual interest there.

Two problems:

1. Texas won't give up the LHN
2. Oklahoma won't go without Oklahoma State

Remove those two obstacles and it happens overnight stick to your guns and it never happens. At some point I think it probably does happen when the fans get tired of a season ticket package that just has two marquee games a season. It is going to get old playing TCU, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia and Baylor year after year when across the state aTm is getting home games with Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas plus a couple from the east like Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

Rating have already started to reflect it and so has recruiting if the trends continues you guys are going to be screaming to drop the LHN and run to the PAC. Scott Brown is smart enough to realize this and he has plenty of time and now money to wait it out.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at UT's schedule, and aTm's, and see who has a better schedule. As for the Pac, once the ACC, big ten and SEC go to 16 teams the Pac will be begging UT and OU to join. If they don't land them, they're stuck with boise state and Nevada to round out their conference.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a&m schedule
@south carolina
Lamar
Rice
@SMU
arkansas
@miss st
Ole miss
@bama
louisiana monroe
@auburn
mizzou
LSU

LSU and bama save this schedule.

UT

North Tx
BYU
UCLA
@kansas
Baylor
OU
Iowa state
@k state
@tech
West Virgina
@okie state
TCU

OU, UCLA, and Baylormake this schedule.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two problems:

Remove those two obstacles and it happens overnight stick to your guns and it never happens. At some point I think it probably does happen when the fans get tired of a season ticket package that just has two marquee games a season. It is going to get old playing TCU, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia and Baylor year after year when across the state aTm is getting home games with Auburn, Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas plus a couple from the east like Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

Rating have already started to reflect it and so has recruiting if the trends continues you guys are going to be screaming to drop the LHN and run to the PAC. Scott Brown is smart enough to realize this and he has plenty of time and now money to wait it out.

1. Texas won't give up the LHN. WHy? What if the Pac promised 15mm pay-out? That could change the game. Pac 3rd tier is set up as regional networks. It is a business.

2. OU is the biggest pusher to go west, just look at their recruiting. I dont think the pac has issues taking on OSU or Tech if it can bag OU and Texas. Gives them 2 established big ticket names in the central time zone, which is huge for the Pac.

Ratings reflect 3 yrs of bad football and coaching change. At the end of the day, I think this marriage is inevitable. It just makes too much sense. I think the Pac needs it more.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two problems:

You're ridiculing TCU, ISU, KU, KSU, WVU and Baylor? TCU should have played for the BCS title against your team in 2010, KU has won a BCS bowl, KSU just won the Big 12 2 years ago and Baylor just played in a BCS bowl. Ole Piss & Arky have never done anything, Tennessee has been irrelevant for several years now and UF is coming off a losing season (although I'm sure the Gators will rebound). Let's not overrate the SEC; teams win titles, not conferences. Playing Mrs State, Ole Piss, Vandy, Arky, UK, & Tenn is nothing worth bragging about.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ridiculing TCU, ISU, KU, KSU, WVU and Baylor? TCU should have played for the BCS title against your team in 2010, KU has won a BCS bowl, KSU just won the Big 12 2 years ago and Baylor just played in a BCS bowl. Ole Piss & Arky have never done anything, Tennessee has been irrelevant for several years now and UF is coming off a losing season (although I'm sure the Gators will rebound). Let's not overrate the SEC; teams win titles, not conferences. Playing Mrs State, Ole Piss, Vandy, Arky, UK, & Tenn is nothing worth bragging about.

Look at your home schedule last year Ole Miss was a premier game for you and beat you by 21. Seriously you can't hype them as a quality game when you play them then trash them when they play someone else.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TCU and Boise have made a living in terrible conferences now they are in the Big 12 do you really see them winning the conference anytime soon? Seriously they were a desperation add to the conference don't start singing their praises because it suits your purposes.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Texas won't give up the LHN. WHy? What if the Pac promised 15mm pay-out? That could change the game. Pac 3rd tier is set up as regional networks. It is a business.

2. OU is the biggest pusher to go west, just look at their recruiting. I dont think the pac has issues taking on OSU or Tech if it can bag OU and Texas. Gives them 2 established big ticket names in the central time zone, which is huge for the Pac.

Ratings reflect 3 yrs of bad football and coaching change. At the end of the day, I think this marriage is inevitable. It just makes too much sense. I think the Pac needs it more.

PAC would make a huge mistake adding two teams from Oklahoma (exact reason the SEC didn't go beyond preliminary talks with OU). They have potential 4 spots they can fill and they have to maximize the markets that they can not overlap them. That is exactly why if the SEC expands NC State and Virginia Tech become very real targets because the conference wants in those markets.

PAC doesn't need Texas and Oklahoma they just need central time zone teams so they have plenty of options.