• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what if sec added atm osu wvu and mizzou

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and went pods

a- uf, uga, usc, uk
b- ut, vandy, bama, au
c- lsu, ark, um, msu
d- atm, osu, mizz, wvu

how would you grade this move?

Disney Plorster

Taco Salad is not a salad
Hoopla Cash
$ 10.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and went pods

a- uf, uga, usc, uk
b- ut, vandy, bama, au
c- lsu, ark, um, msu
d- atm, osu, mizz, wvu

how would you grade this move?

That would be awful. You guys already had the best conference, and all the things that go with that, so why water it down?

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I assume you mean Okie Jr. by OSU. Why in the hell would the SEC want them?

2. Why is WVU in a pod that has all its travel partners halfway across the country other than the obvious fact they are new?

Edit: I guess I would give it a D. No sizeable markets other than Mizzou and the obvious aTm. No real SEC ready teams either in terms of competitiveness.

Last edited by a moderator:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I assume you mean Okie Jr. by OSU. Why in the hell would the SEC want them?

2. Why is WVU in a pod that has all its travel partners halfway across the country other than the obvious fact they are new?

Edit: I guess I would give it a D. No sizeable markets other than Mizzou and the obvious aTm. No real SEC ready teams either in terms of competitiveness.

Okie St. recently beat UGA, and would more than likely beat Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss St and probably give Arkansas and So. Car. all they could handle.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie St. recently beat UGA, and would more than likely beat Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Miss St and probably give Arkansas and So. Car. all they could handle.

Ok so I meant with teams that actually had a chance to win the SEC. I could never see them actually competing for championships probably would've been a better way to put it, but then again who am I to say anything, my team sucks at getting hardware.

Disney Plorster

Taco Salad is not a salad
Hoopla Cash
$ 10.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I meant with teams that actually had a chance to win the SEC. I could never see them actually competing for championships probably would've been a better way to put it, but then again who am I to say anything, my team sucks at getting hardware.

You guys had a chance in 08, but that blowout to OU took you out of the picture.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys had a chance in 08, but that blowout to OU took you out of the picture.

Yeah.... I think our most recent outright conference championship was in like the 50s in the Border Conference. :L Not exactly upper echelon.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They played a home/home and split the two games. Not exactly a show of dominance.

Anyway... Okie Lite won't split with OU, and would prefer not to split with Texas either.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Big 12 stays alive, I wonder if the SEC picks up a 14.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think osu could eventually get tired of the ut/ou catfight and with boosters like pickens possible peel off from big brother for greener pastures. Plus if they make the move first it opens up Ou to go to the big10. In state rivals can be in different conferences and still play lively games.

another thing most people miss is even though this expansion is driven by the football dollar it isnt the only part of the equation. But currently atm is #8 and wvu is #16 and mizzou is receiving votes. Just last year atm osu and mizzou finished in the top 20.

the pods have wvu out of a geographic alignment but when you re the new guy you get what the old timers give you. Problem here is you cant overload any one pod. If you group lsu, arky, osu, and atm then ole ms, miss st, mizz and wvu seems weak.

i suppose you could go

a- uf, au, uga, usc
b- uk, wvu, ut, vandy
c - bama, ole miss, ms st, lsu
d - ark, mizzou, atm, osu

or

a- uf, wvu, uga, usc
b- uk, mizzou, ut, vandy
c - bama, ole miss, ms st, au
d - ark, lsu, atm, osu