• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if Coach Staaffe instead of Mullen?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone connect the dots last night?

Coach Taaffe is the UCF OC. I did not know that until last night when they kept showing him in the press box. He was Billy's first choice to be his OC when he was selected HC back in '08. Taaffe could not get a release from his CFL coaching gig to coach for WVU.

What if Coach Staaffe had become the WVU OC? Could he have developed an offense for WVU like what we saw on display against a good Baylor defense last night?

Never saw an offense under Mullen look so dominant.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be very interesting for sure, that UCF team is tough...I have been talking up Storm Johnson this season.

That team has been improving on offense(top 30 scoring), sure if he keeps winning other jobs will come up.

I just wonder who we will hire after next season.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB do you post over at blue gold?

I went over there and I can't even get past the part for a sign in. Keeps saying it has been approved, but I can't log in. Is this the standadrd for that site?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB do you post over at blue gold?

I went over there and I can't even get past the part for a sign in. Keeps saying it has been approved, but I can't log in. Is this the standadrd for that site?

I post at westvirginia.scout.com. I joined blue gold and read their boards when there was talk of Luck to Texas as they had all of the WVU insiders posting there at the time. But, I have never posted on their boards.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be very interesting for sure, that UCF team is tough...I have been talking up Storm Johnson this season.

That team has been improving on offense(top 30 scoring), sure if he keeps winning other jobs will come up.

I just wonder who we will hire after next season.

I had not seen UCF play before last night. While it was just one game, it was an impressive performance.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it seems like this site is going to be dead until the season start....not many new people and only a couple of holdovers from the CBS days. Looking for a good site to get me through the offseason.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF has a GREAT coaching staff, and some great players. They planned on both offense and defense exactly what they needed to do to beat Baylor, and the kids bought into it completely. Once again, the former BE rose up to beat a favored big conference team in a big bowl game. I too wonder what would have happened if Stewart would have assembled the staff like he at first wanted.... WVU football has gotten VERY bad the past couple of years, as the bowl games as well as the season proved. There is a LOT of work to do, and it will be interesting, to say the least, how next year plays out......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree DAD, George O'Leary… despite falsifying his academic and performance profile on his CV… has proven to be a great coach.

What have the bowl games proven to you? UCF is a very good team, I hope you aren't trying to imply that Baylor losing to them is proof of anything.

TT curb stomped a Pac 12 team that was ranked in the top 15. KSU spanked UofM… holding them to one of their lowest offensive productions of the year. And, UT held one of the nation's best offenses to 1 TD.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it seems like this site is going to be dead until the season start....not many new people and only a couple of holdovers from the CBS days. Looking for a good site to get me through the offseason.

You might try the scout.com site. There is a wide range of topics discussed everyday. Posters are all over the place in their support for the WVU football program.

There is little connection with any of the posters there. It is more of a dog eat dog mentality. And, they are unwelcoming to what they refer to as noobie's.

But, there is good debate. Lambert tried it out, but I have not seen him there for awhile. Another has poster there as well as jeihmonee from time to time. I used to see SMURPH there, but not so much anymore.

There are some familiar SN's from CBS there… some who infrequently posted at CBS.

You might try it out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree DAD, George O'Leary… despite falsifying his academic and performance profile on his CV… has proven to be a great coach.

What have the bowl games proven to you? UCF is a very good team, I hope you aren't trying to imply that Baylor losing to them is proof of anything.

TT curb stomped a Pac 12 team that was ranked in the top 15. KSU spanked UofM… holding them to one of their lowest offensive productions of the year. And, UT held one of the nation's best offenses to 1 TD.

I am implying that as we said when WVU was in the BE, they play pretty good football there. As I have said, the "big least" crap and putting down that league is ridiculous, as teams from that league has beat the big boys on a fairly regular basis. AND as you said, UCF is a pretty good football team, and the conference a good team plays in has little to do with how good a team is. People unfairly say that because a team plays in the BE (AAC) that they are automatically a weaker team than the B12, SEC, B11, ACC team they are playing, but time and again, the BE team manages to win. The bowl wins and OOC play has shown the BE to be capable as any other league of winning.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I post on 247's WVU site EErSports. pretty good site, has some drawbacks but overall its solid. VERY good site for recruiting imo but in fairness I havnt checked many others, any yall over there?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it would take more than JUST last night but any word on how much that win will help UCF's value as far as a potential B12 member? It would be nice to get a member in FL for our recruiting.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I post on 247's WVU site EErSports. pretty good site, has some drawbacks but overall its solid. VERY good site for recruiting imo but in fairness I havnt checked many others, any yall over there?

Is that a free site?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it would take more than JUST last night but any word on how much that win will help UCF's value as far as a potential B12 member? It would be nice to get a member in FL for our recruiting.

UCF has done more to develop its athletic programs than a school like USF. They have a relatively new football and basketball stadium.

I have no idea about their other sports, and how those facilities may impact a decision like an invite to the Big 12.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am implying that as we said when WVU was in the BE, they play pretty good football there. As I have said, the "big least" crap and putting down that league is ridiculous, as teams from that league has beat the big boys on a fairly regular basis. AND as you said, UCF is a pretty good football team, and the conference a good team plays in has little to do with how good a team is. People unfairly say that because a team plays in the BE (AAC) that they are automatically a weaker team than the B12, SEC, B11, ACC team they are playing, but time and again, the BE team manages to win. The bowl wins and OOC play has shown the BE to be capable as any other league of winning.

The true measure of any conference is the depth and quality of depth. No doubt, the BE had some good years… even after Miami, VT, and BC left. But, there was only 1 or maybe 2 years it ranked ahead of any of the other AQ conferences… and, rarely ranked ahead of the Big 12. It failed to have multiple elite teams most years after the traitor schools left.

Even this year, the AAC had a couple of good teams in UCF and UofL… no denying that. But, there was a huge drop off after that.

Look at the results of the bowl games this year… Cincy was curb stomped by UNC… a 6-6 team. Cincy came in with 9 wins, and they weren't competitive. RU was rolled by ND.

BE teams played a lot of non-AQ teams and lower ranked AQ teams in its bowl games to achieve its bowl record as a conference.

It is what it is…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true measure of any conference is the depth and quality of depth. No doubt, the BE had some good years… even after Miami, VT, and BC left. But, there was only 1 or maybe 2 years it ranked ahead of any of the other AQ conferences… and, rarely ranked ahead of the Big 12. It failed to have multiple elite teams most years after the traitor schools left.

Even this year, the AAC had a couple of good teams in UCF and UofL… no denying that. But, there was a huge drop off after that.

Look at the results of the bowl games this year… Cincy was curb stomped by UNC… a 6-6 team. Cincy came in with 9 wins, and they weren't competitive. RU was rolled by ND.

BE teams played a lot of non-AQ teams and lower ranked AQ teams in its bowl games to achieve its bowl record as a conference.

It is what it is…

AND they are the only league that had a winning record against the mighty SEC!!!!!! AS to bowls against minor teams, UHHHHH WVU Clemson, UL Florida, UCF Baylor

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND they are the only league that had a winning record against the mighty SEC!!!!!! AS to bowls against minor teams, UHHHHH WVU Clemson, UL Florida, UCF Baylor

Come on DAD, of course the winner of the BE or AAC is going to play an AQ opponent in a BCS game. They retained AQ status through 2013.

Since you feel so strongly about how strong the BE was while WVU was a member... why did the BCS have to give the BE an exemption to their qualifying requirements to retain AQ status? The BE was the only conference which failed to meet the qualifications.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you feel so strongly about how strong the BE was while WVU was a member... why did the BCS have to give the BE an exemption to their qualifying requirements to retain AQ status? The BE was the only conference which failed to meet the qualifications.

This gets me hot every time we have talked about it, BE met all requirements ACC failed them for the first 5 years. Why because the BE was not worth it's weight in TV viewers lol

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This gets me hot every time we have talked about it, BE met all requirements ACC failed them for the first 5 years. Why because the BE was not worth it's weight in TV viewers lol

It did not meet all the requirements. Go to the BCS site to see the explanation.