• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What I liked today

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I liked today is on that last drive, the Cowboys were playing to win, they weren't playing not to lose.
They got in FG range with time left, but instead of just 3 running plays & kicking a long FG leaving time on the clock for the Giants. They went ahead & kept throwing getting 1st downs to run out the clock before kicking the FG. If those throws goes INC (or god forbid an INT) & they don't get a 1st down. A lot of the critics would be in an uproar talking how they should have forced the Giants to use their TOs.

I for one loved the fact they were trying to win the game instead of playing it safe.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
what I liked today is on that last drive, the Cowboys were playing to win, they weren't playing not to lose.
They got in FG range with time left, but instead of just 3 running plays & kicking a long FG leaving time on the clock for the Giants. They went ahead & kept throwing getting 1st downs to run out the clock before kicking the FG. If those throws goes INC (or god forbid an INT) & they don't get a 1st down. A lot of the critics would be in an uproar talking how they should have forced the Giants to use their TOs.

I for one loved the fact they were trying to win the game instead of playing it safe.
Agreed. I also liked how this team was not intimidated and did not buckle under the pressure of a tough road game. If nothing else, they seem to have built up their mental toughness.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you both make great points. I also like the fact that Romo and the Coaches didn't give up on Dez even though he basically screwed up in the entire game. Hatcher also played a big role in keeping Dez's head in the game. I hope Romo and Dez can continue to grow as teammates and Romo finds the confidence to trust Dez even if he gaffs on a few plays.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. I know if the Cowboys didn't convert first downs, people would have been screaming at Red for not running the ball. This just illustrates that players gotta make plays no matter what is called and we as fans gotta stop blaming everything on the coaches. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Red would have been second-guessed if the Cowboys didn't convert that 3rd and 10 and Bailey misses the 46 yard FG and we go on to lose. But since Romo and Beasley made the play, nobody can second-guess anything.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. I know if the Cowboys didn't convert first downs, people would have been screaming at Red for not running the ball. This just illustrates that players gotta make plays no matter what is called and we as fans gotta stop blaming everything on the coaches. There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that Red would have been second-guessed if the Cowboys didn't convert that 3rd and 10 and Bailey misses the 46 yard FG and we go on to lose. But since Romo and Beasley made the play, nobody can second-guess anything.
I think the point really is you cant make everyone happy. If they ran 3 straight plays I would have complained. If they pass & not convert others would have complained. But play calling is much more important than you give it credit for. Which is why I am giving red as you call him :) (& whoever calls plays) kudos for playcalling to win instead of not to lose.

Quit dismissing play calling like it doesn't matter.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can and I do

we should have run the ball more .... period

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point really is you cant make everyone happy. If they ran 3 straight plays I would have complained. If they pass & not convert others would have complained. But play calling is much more important than you give it credit for. Which is why I am giving red as you call him :) (& whoever calls plays) kudos for playcalling to win instead of not to lose.

Quit dismissing play calling like it doesn't matter.

I think playcalling is important, but the execution has been a bigger problem with this team than anything this season. Romo today looked more like the quarterback that I've seen in the past. He made much better reads today. This is the best game he's had since the Broncos game. It was arguably even better considering the situation and being on the road in a big divisional game. It looks like the bye helped him. If Romo keeps this up, playcalling won't matter much because he saw the entire field today better than I've seen from him all season. I think he'll continue his strong play and our offense will come out with guns blazing on Thanksgiving.

And that is what I liked most about today's game.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, not trying to reach here and I'm certainly happy about the Cowboys' win, but this is something I didn't like:

"Orlando did an awesome job," defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin said. "Some people double Cruz a lot. We really didn’t double him. Sometimes on certain routes, he might have some help, but most of the time [Scandrick] had him himself."

Please tell me I'm not the only person that has a problem with this. Scandrick did a fantastic job, no doubt, but did Kiffin really just say they didn't double Cruz much? Seriously? Now this reminds me of when Megatron said after the Lions' game that he was rarely double teamed. This seems like a big problem and maybe can explain why we have had the worst defense in the NFL as far as yards go. Wind or not, Cruz should be double teamed. That is a guy that can kill you in single coverage. Thank goodness Scandrick stepped up and thank goodness the weather was awful. Jesus Christ, Kiffin.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants were stacked for the run. The 3rd and long pass to Beasley that sealed the game was the perfect example. He was at the second level just standing all alone. They had over the top coverage and then a stacked box to stop the run.

So you exploit it with short passes.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants were stacked for the run. The 3rd and long pass to Beasley that sealed the game was the perfect example. He was at the second level just standing all alone. They had over the top coverage and then a stacked box to stop the run.

So you exploit it with short passes.

Some of it was Beasley too. He made his defender fall on the ground. It was a really great and crisp route run by Beasley. I really love the weapons we have. Just hate how we can't execute more consistently.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think in better weather we run the ball there and assume we get a couple of yards and work the clock and Bailey can make a mid forty yarder or so. With the bad weather, you need to get closer so you can't run on 3rd down. That was a good play call. I think they assumed we'd complete it and if Beasley is tackled it's a shorter FG and if he gets the first it's a much shorter FG. Romo was very accurate on that last drive.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, not trying to reach here and I'm certainly happy about the Cowboys' win, but this is something I didn't like:

"Orlando did an awesome job," defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin said. "Some people double Cruz a lot. We really didn’t double him. Sometimes on certain routes, he might have some help, but most of the time [Scandrick] had him himself."

Please tell me I'm not the only person that has a problem with this. Scandrick did a fantastic job, no doubt, but did Kiffin really just say they didn't double Cruz much? Seriously? Now this reminds me of when Megatron said after the Lions' game that he was rarely double teamed. This seems like a big problem and maybe can explain why we have had the worst defense in the NFL as far as yards go. Wind or not, Cruz should be double teamed. That is a guy that can kill you in single coverage. Thank goodness Scandrick stepped up and thank goodness the weather was awful. Jesus Christ, Kiffin.

No problem with that and here is why. First off I never have a problem with starting a game like that. My problem is if it doesn't seem to be working and you keep doing it. So if Cruz hurt them early and they didn't start to double him I'd be pissed. But since it was working, keep doing it. Second, the weather was going to make passing tough. So it gives you a little more ability to take some chances like this in coverage. Third, we were getting killed against the run. So we needed those safeties freed up as much as possible.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else want Romo to take a shot at the endzone on the second kneel down? I sure as to hell did. I know Bailey split it but that wind was whipping all day.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else want Romo to take a shot at the endzone on the second kneel down? I sure as to hell did. I know Bailey split it but that wind was whipping all day.

Not going to lie to you, I was nervous right until the kick went down the middle. Then I had to sit there and soak it all in before realizing the game was over.:lol: