• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What exactly do you guys want college football's postseason to look like?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I am not getting what college football fans wants precisely.

If your end result is no controversy, period, then you're asking for the improbable.

If you want to preserve the bowl game tradition, then we should simply move back to the old, old system, where there's no single National Champion, just the winners of the New Years Day bowl games.

If we want to decide a tournament winner, then we have to give out autobids to all conference champions and throw in some wildcards.

If you want to simply want to hand pick the two teams the public wants to see win a National Championship, then we might as well keep the old system in place.

:noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Urban is holding up the NC trophy it will be a great new playoff system.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like this:

th

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Choice 1)

New Years Day Bowls:

Capital One, Outback, Gator, Peach, Rose, Sun

Jan 2.:

Sugar, Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, Alamo, Holiday

Jan. 7,8, or 9:

National Championship Game

Use the BCS system, and play all the irrelevant bowls prior to New Years Day.

(Choice 2)

Dec. 5-7:

Conference Championship games

Dec 8:

Awards Ceremony

Dec 9:

Heisman presentation

Dec. 21:

1 seed vs. 4 seed
2 seed vs. 3 seed

Dec. 22-31:

All bowls that match either (BCS vs. NonAQ) or (NonAQ vs. NonAQ)

New Years Day:

Capital One, Outback, Holiday, Sun, Peach, Rose

Jan 2:

Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Orange, Alamo, Gator

Jan 5,6,7, or 8:

National Championship between winners of (1v4) and (2v3)

Last edited by a moderator:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wanted 14 teams. Top 2 teams get a bye. First 2 rounds are at higher seed. Final 4 is at neutral sites

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wanted 14 teams. Top 2 teams get a bye. First 2 rounds are at higher seed. Final 4 is at neutral sites

Do you believe in giving out automatic playoff spots to conference champions or at least the major ones?

Do you believe in a selection committee, algorithm, or a mixture of both objective and subjective to pick the teams?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe in giving out automatic playoff spots to conference champions or at least the major ones?

Do you believe in a selection committee, algorithm, or a mixture of both objective and subjective to pick the teams?

I believe you give out automatic playoff spots to the 4 major BCS conference champs. No more rewarding for "good" losses. If you lose and don't win your conference, tough shit. I know this excludes the mid majors, but sorry, life isn't fair. This should exclude Notre Dame as well. THey need to join the ACC in football or they have no chance at the playoff. IF the ACC will not allow them to have their own network with NBC in football, then come join the Big 12.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 team playoff. Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC and ACC conference champs are in, along with 3 at-large teams.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Automatic berths for Conference Champs. They also get preferred seeding, like NFL. I prefer algorithm to pick teams. Mostly for the reason that once there is a concrete formula, teams will know what they need to do in terms of scheduling. I hate randomness.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Vegas set the odds and play the 4 teams with highest probability of winning. Use a similar system like they do setting lines. Not perfect but has a math component and they do as well as anyone evaluating the teams.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Tom Osborne at the end of the season who the 2 best teams are and then play the National Championship based on that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you give out automatic playoff spots to the 4 major BCS conference champs. No more rewarding for "good" losses. If you lose and don't win your conference, tough shit. I know this excludes the mid majors, but sorry, life isn't fair. This should exclude Notre Dame as well. THey need to join the ACC in football or they have no chance at the playoff. IF the ACC will not allow them to have their own network with NBC in football, then come join the Big 12.

At least charlie knows there are 5.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha! Good luck pitching that to the NCAA

Douche

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Vegas set the odds and play the 4 teams with highest probability of winning. Use a similar system like they do setting lines. Not perfect but has a math component and they do as well as anyone evaluating the teams.

:laugh3: Yeah, Vegas really was on the money for Baylor-UCF and Bama-Oklahoma games...Vegas sets odds on how people are betting, not on how good teams really are.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA has nothing to do with it unless they take control of the playoff, which they haven't done yet. The other conferences could damn sure exclude ND if they wish. Hell, look how the BCS excluded a lot of teams.

You're right, excluding Notre Dame from the playoff sounds completely logical.

Again, good luck!