• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do you all think about this?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as court-stormings go, this one was pretty exciting...mighta coulda turned way ugly...glad to see nobody was hurt. (would like to hear that the punkass who shoulder-checked Traylor experiences a painful version of karma.)

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm generally anti-court-storming because of safety issues.

But I'm also anti-court-storming-shaming. I hate to listen to pious assholes pontificate about how you should act like you've been there, blah blah blah. Shut the fuck up. They're college kids. It's fun. Don't dump all over college kids for having fun.

Yeah, I'm just talking about the safety issue. Last night when I saw the fans rush the court, I was surprised at how fast the court filled up. You definitely don't give players and coaches enough time to get off the court safely. Although there is no drinking, some of those kids are plastered. And like Self said, there could be retaliation between a drunk kid and a player who just gave everything and now has a kid talking shit right in front of them. The players are just college kids too.

Hahaha, the funniest thing I could think of though, would be to have a really shitty team beating a top team, and then just exiting the arena like they just wiped an even worse team. I think the top team would be stunned. It would have to be coordinated for no one to rush, but man, no one would ever forget it.

At this point, I'm fine with it either way. I like court-rushing as a part of CBB. Sometimes I agree when people say a specific rush was out of place compared to the win, but for the most part, I like it.

I also like when teams don't though; when the culture is that you never give another team the validation of being good enough to make you that happy. Like you have been there before. I think there is something to be said for fan cultures like that. I think it's one last burn for the better team that lost. They don't even get to talk shit in their head about how them losing was a big enough deal to cause a few thousand kids to rush the court.

But mostly I just don't want to see anyone get hurt just because rushing the court got out of hand.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha, the funniest thing I could think of though, would be to have a really shitty team beating a top team, and then just exiting the arena like they just wiped an even worse team. I think the top team would be stunned. It would have to be coordinated for no one to rush, but man, no one would ever forget it.
That would be awesome. Someone needs to pull that off.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In general, I think they're overreacting.

College kids are generally not looking to hurt anybody and Kansas basketball players are generally bigger than 99% of any of the kids who would rush a court.

A pro game would be different. Some serious thugs go to pro games and get liquored up.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about college games as far as I know is they don't serve liquor there. Which obviously is good. In these situations.

Incorrect. Alcohol policies vary from conference to conference and school to school.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only whiny bitches are against court stormings.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but rushing the floor/field whatever, in any sport, is stupid.

Should not be allowed, or if you do, fair game to get smacked.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but rushing the floor/field whatever, in any sport, is stupid.

Should not be allowed, or if you do, fair game to get smacked.

1974. Michigan State pulled a highly unlikely upset over #1 Ohio State 16-13 in East Lansing. My mother, somehow having been caught up in the crowd surge to the field...barely missed getting smacked by the falling goal post...said it was the most fun she'd had in ages.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn't an issue if security protects the players and coaches which they should. storm at your own risk

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll toss this out there, if anything just so I can understand more.

If a coach or players go into the stands, that's obviously not right, correct? Why is it okay for fans to rush out onto the court then?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1974. Michigan State pulled a highly unlikely upset over #1 Ohio State 16-13 in East Lansing. My mother, somehow having been caught up in the crowd surge to the field...barely missed getting smacked by the falling goal post...said it was the most fun she'd had in ages.

I think for moms, and other women, rushing the field is just fine, as like her, some will get carried there with the crowd of young men.

And, beating #1 team, and rival, I think qualifies as an exception to my post as well! Surely was a great memory for your mom.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, it's mostly the young guys, who storm the fields anyway. Probably been drinking, get all riled up, throw in an upset or win over rival, and boom.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll toss this out there, if anything just so I can understand more.

If a coach or players go into the stands, that's obviously not right, correct? Why is it okay for fans to rush out onto the court then?

during the game it is illegal to do either. after the buzzer, I have seen both court stormings and players celebrating in the stands.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never in my life ever even heard about players going into the stands. Not that I doubt it, but I'd like to see that. Regardless, it doesn't happen with any sort of regularity.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never in my life ever even heard about players going into the stands. Not that I doubt it, but I'd like to see that. Regardless, it doesn't happen with any sort of regularity.

I cant find a video but remember john lucas and tony allen crowd surfering when they got to the final 4. Sutton wasn't happy

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Artest visited the stands in Detroit one time. :dhd: