• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do these cuts and this trade tell us...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tells us Chip Told Lurie that either I'm running the fuckin show or I'm gone, because this Boyscout(Howie) has no fuckin clue how to build a talented football team. Chip is gonna tear it down(the bad part) and build us into a Champion! Chip is gonna build that Defense in Free agency, and build the offense in the draft.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Chip I Trust

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell if Chip knows what he is doing, The next few months are going to be fascinating.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if we traded Cox or Kendricks, I wouldn't be happy…but Chip is basically doing everything I hoped he would and them some. I thought McCoy would be bait for a Mariota trade, but I love this move for Kiko. No surprises here…except that the Bills gave us their young stud ILB for an aging (devalued) RB with a huge cap number.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the move. Rb's are replaceable now.

It sucks when you become a fan of a guy just to see him get shipped away but that is today's game.

I'll judge it in total when the draft is over.

Pro tip: only buy jerseys of retired players. :thumb:

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if we traded Cox or Kendricks, I wouldn't be happy…but Chip is basically doing everything I hoped he would and them some. I thought McCoy would be bait for a Mariota trade, but I love this move for Kiko. No surprises here…except that the Bills gave us their young stud ILB for an aging (devalued) RB with a huge cap number.
I agree....I think had the Eagles not found a trade partner, Shady was gettin cut. yeah he tore his ACL, but he is also a work out demon, and is already running, working out like crazy. KIKO was Luke Kuechly like his rookie year before getting hurt prior to season 2.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tells me we are gonna spend big time in free agency...and the deals may even be done already.

Trade up for Mariota will use many rescources. To replace them, he will use free agents. Money has to come from somewhere.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tells me we are gonna spend big time in free agency...and the deals may even be done already.

Trade up for Mariota will use many rescources. To replace them, he will use free agents. Money has to come from somewhere.
Exactly.....It may be a 3 team trade...Foles and pick #20 along with our 3rd rd pick to the Rams for Pick 10....Pick #10 and our 2nd rd pick along with our first rd pick next year to pick #2....I can easily see a 3 team trade like that go down.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.....It may be a 3 team trade...Foles and pick #20 along with our 3rd rd pick to the Rams for Pick 10....Pick #10 and our 2nd rd pick along with our first rd pick next year to pick #2....I can easily see a 3 team trade like that go down.

Yeah I have a similar 3way trade with the Rams and Jags in my mock I'm working on. I was going to use Shady as trade bait but will have to adjust now.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does this tells us?

Chip Kelly has BRASS BALLS.

Glengarry%20Glen%20Ross2_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing it says is that Chip is in control.

Doesn't mean he knows what the hell he's doing. Only way it means anything is if he goes out and uses that money for defense, defense and more defense in FA.

IF he uses the resources this offseason to rebuild the D then I will give him his props. If not, then he's a clueless mf'er who's to caught up in his ego and should return to college.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shall take a wait and see approach. I see reason for hope but I also see cause for concern.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mariota will be on the Eagles next season ... he will be a Titan with the 2nd pick in the draft. The Birds will replace overpriced older players with younger guys in free agency who give you better value then build through the draft. Hundley still remains a possibility at 20, but I don't buy the whole trade a ton to move up for Mariota thing. I'm not buying that the Titans are sold on Mettenburger either ... good arm and will be the starter this year, but Mariota is a Franchise guy imo and teams won't pass on that. DT's don't win Championships ... Leonard Williams is an excellent prospect, but the Titans won't pass up a potential face of the franchise QB for a DT. They can go pay Suh if they want that.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarco.murray...

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alonzo is suppose to be terrific in coverage.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mariota will be on the Eagles next season ... he will be a Titan with the 2nd pick in the draft. The Birds will replace overpriced older players with younger guys in free agency who give you better value then build through the draft. Hundley still remains a possibility at 20, but I don't buy the whole trade a ton to move up for Mariota thing. I'm not buying that the Titans are sold on Mettenburger either ... good arm and will be the starter this year, but Mariota is a Franchise guy imo and teams won't pass on that. DT's don't win Championships ... Leonard Williams is an excellent prospect, but the Titans won't pass up a potential face of the franchise QB for a DT. They can go pay Suh if they want that.

Rey always the voice of reason, I couldn't agree more.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a couple things.
1) He wants guys that are all in for his way. He values that more than talent.
2) He's gearing up to build the defence. Defence wins championships. He think's he can make the offence work with what he's got but knows got to have a top drawer defence to really compete.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the move. Rb's are replaceable now.

It sucks when you become a fan of a guy just to see him get shipped away but that is today's game.

I'll judge it in total when the draft is over.

Pro tip: only buy jerseys of retired players. :thumb:

Amen brother! That's what I'm doing from now on!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rey, I like you am more of a skepticist at this point on the potential of Mariota being an Eagle next year, but all these moves so far are pointing in that direction. The Titans may very well like Mariota at 2, but if the Eagles are offering 5-7 picks to get him, do you think they will turn that down? Mariota as a prospect doesn't stack up the way RGIII did when he was coming out, I don't think the Titans like him that much that they turn away the Eagles if they were offering a package that could include 3 (maybe 4, who knows?) 1st rounders to get their guy.

I don't like Hundley at all, he's major project at this point and I think even in Chip's system he's 2-3 years away. The more I hear about him the more he sounds like EJ Manuel to me. If the Mariota play doesn't work out I see Melvin Gordon or Todd Gurley being more of an option at 20 than Hundley.