• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your thoughts...

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask a question. If you were willing to start Cooper/Crab vs NYG, why are people not wanting to start Roberts/Patterson? Someone has to catch the ball and it's not like Crab/Coop have been tearing it up. Or am I supposed to think people were not starting Coop/Crab this week. Is Roberts that much of a downgrade this year from them?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me ask a question. If you were willing to start Cooper/Crab vs NYG, why are people not wanting to start Roberts/Patterson? Someone has to catch the ball and it's not like Crab/Coop have been tearing it up. Or am I supposed to think people were not starting Coop/Crab this week. Is Roberts that much of a downgrade this year from them?
Once I saw the news feed that both Cooper and Crabtree were out, I picked up Seth Roberts.
I like the matchup, especially with Geno Smith at QB (which is my way of saying that the G-men probably won't sustain many offense drives, giving the Raiders the ball fairly consistently).
Also like that the game is in Oakland.

What I don't like is that he may not have much experience as a starter. (How will he handle double coverage?)
Derek Carr hasn't exactly been up to expectations this season either.
Although he has been better lately.

It seems like a logical, safe, productive plug-in for the week.
But this season has been very unpredictable - defying logic.
Wouldn't surprise me if all of this points to TE Jared Cook having the game of his life. Surprise!

That said, I am rolling with Roberts in a handful of leagues. :L

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once I saw the news feed that both Cooper and Crabtree were out, I picked up Seth Roberts.
I like the matchup, especially with Geno Smith at QB (which is my way of saying that the G-men probably won't sustain many offense drives, giving the Raiders the ball fairly consistently).
Also like that the game is in Oakland.

What I don't like is that he may not have much experience as a starter. (How will he handle double coverage?)
Derek Carr hasn't exactly been up to expectations this season either.
Although he has been better lately.

It seems like a logical, safe, productive plug-in for the week.
But this season has been very unpredictable - defying logic.
Wouldn't surprise me if all of this points to TE Jared Cook having the game of his life. Surprise!

That said, I am rolling with Roberts in a handful of leagues. :L
me too

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me if all of this points to TE Jared Cook having the game of his life.
I hoping he does, I'm starting him in the Barbarian league. However he's stunk it up in the past with great situations, so I'm bracing myself for whatever.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Giants cover the TE? At this point I'm just about to stick with Gordon and put Roberts in my WR/TE spot over Clay....but I think Clay has a solid day vs NE... Idk anymore....lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can the Giants cover the TE? At this point I'm just about to stick with Gordon and put Roberts in my WR/TE spot over Clay....but I think Clay has a solid day vs NE... Idk anymore....lol

I believe the Giants are currently ranked last vs TE.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please let that trend continue for another week.:hope:

I don't get it though. Landon Collins seems to be a good player/prospect...I wonder what gives? I haven't seen a Giants game so I have no intake.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started Gordon and Roberts..worked out and I won....Now I have Engram on the bench cause Ertz got hurt.