• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a shame.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Brothers Tahrick Peak and Nubian Peak are not practicing with the Red Raiders | College Sports Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News

i know the real reason they arent here is because tahrick didnt qualify and their mom wanted them @ the same school but think about how different things could have been for them.
- Nubian: Was slotted @ WR @ VT but played RB in high school and would have prob gotten a look there next year. Would have prob seen PT this year when roberts went out both @ rec and kick return.
- Tahrick: Could have spent a year @ postgrad and had a real chance to play @ VT next year. I know he was only a 3* but i watched him play quite a few times in HS and IMO was a "poor mans" X Adibi. He was kinda long and thin but had a great nose for the football and could stop the ball at the line of scrimmage + being 6'2" and having a 4.4-4.5 40 he could cover the pass.

BTW: i see that TX tech has tahrick as a DE but IMO he would have been all LB @ VT.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brothers Tahrick Peak and Nubian Peak are not practicing with the Red Raiders | College Sports Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News

i know the real reason they arent here is because tahrick didnt qualify and their mom wanted them @ the same school but think about how different things could have been for them.
- Nubian: Was slotted @ WR @ VT but played RB in high school and would have prob gotten a look there next year. Would have prob seen PT this year when roberts went out both @ rec and kick return.
- Tahrick: Could have spent a year @ postgrad and had a real chance to play @ VT next year. I know he was only a 3* but i watched him play quite a few times in HS and IMO was a "poor mans" X Adibi. He was kinda long and thin but had a great nose for the football and could stop the ball at the line of scrimmage + being 6'2" and having a 4.4-4.5 40 he could cover the pass.

BTW: i see that TX tech has tahrick as a DE but IMO he would have been all LB @ VT.

This is very unfortunate. I have a good friend/co-worker who is a Pulaski boy. Word is these two guys were as talented as anyone who had ever came through that program, which is a good one. Not really sure what happened here. Were these guys too cocky for VT or what?? Rumor is Nubian was not really crazy about not being "the man" when he walked through the doors, and didn't want to ride the pine and work his way up for a couple years. Rumor is also, that Tahrick (per your comment above hunz.) didn't want to go to Hargrave per VT's request and get his grades up, but would rather go to TT (where Robert Prunty is now at) because of lower admission requirements and the "promise" of possible early playing time. I think VT does a "great" job of recognizing what little bit of D-1 FBS talent we have here in SW VA and giving them a chance. Many of those guys turn out great. Sounds like Momma Peak may have dropped the ball on this one. YOu are right hunzworth, a year at Hargrave could've saved this kids football career. Now he will likely be relegated to FCS level AT BEST.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehighsuperfly

I Go By Many Names
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed, but as has been said it doesn't appear that these were the kind of kids who would've been willing to work at it.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is very unfortunate. I have a good friend/co-worker who is a Pulaski boy. Word is these two guys were as talented as anyone who had ever came through that program, which is a good one. Not really sure what happened here. Were these guys too cocky for VT or what?? Rumor is Nubian was not really crazy about not being "the man" when he walked through the doors, and didn't want to ride the pine and work his way up for a couple years. Rumor is also, that Tahrick (per your comment above hunz.) didn't want to go to Hargrave per VT's request and get his grades up, but would rather go to TT (where Robert Prunty is now at) because of lower admission requirements and the "promise" of possible early playing time. I think VT does a "great" job of recognizing what little bit of D-1 FBS talent we have here in SW VA and giving them a chance. Many of those guys turn out great. Sounds like Momma Peak may have dropped the ball on this one. YOu are right hunzworth, a year at Hargrave could've saved this kids football career. Now he will likely be relegated to FCS level AT BEST.

Yeah i went to watch Nubian play during his senior year. He was already well known and seemed to be as good as advertised, but IMO tahrick was the one that stood out. I mean this kid was in on every tackle and really looked like a mini X adibi, imo if he played in the 757 there is no question he would have been a 4*.
Im almost 100% sure mom was pulling all the strings with these two. I think what happened with Nubian was that when tahrick didnt qualify, TT swept in and convinced him to commit to TXt. Mom didnt want Tahrick 3/4 of the way across the country alone, so she convinced Nubian to transfer also <----- im sure tuberville didnt complain.
To be honest i've been around both of them a few times and i really dont think THEIR attitude or ego's were the problem (they both seemed like really really good kids) I just think that people in their support system had some unrealistic goals for them.
From what im hearing they may both end up @ hampton.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agreed, but as has been said it doesn't appear that these were the kind of kids who would've been willing to work at it.

Maybe im wrong but i dont think it was the kids themselves(@ least in Nubians case,dont know much about tahrick), i just think they were being "put on a pedestal" by the people around them.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
and sparks i totally agree VT does a great job of finding what little talent there is in SWVA and these two could have been special. Like i said in the title " what a shame"

and your also completely correct about Pulaski. Christiansburg is getting there now but for a long time Pulaski was as close to a powerhouse as the NRV (new river valley) had ever had.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and sparks i totally agree VT does a great job of finding what little talent there is in SWVA and these two could have been special. Like i said in the title " what a shame"

and your also completely correct about Pulaski. Christiansburg is getting there now but for a long time Pulaski was as close to a powerhouse as the NRV (new river valley) had ever had.

Hopefully they will work out @ Hampton U. I agree, Christiansburg HS is definetely on the rise. I wonder if the resources and stature associated with CHS by their wrestling program has anything to do with that. Prior to 2000 I don't remember hearing anything about them concerning football. Pulaski Co. was about as big as it got in this area of the state. I'll pull for any of them that will stick a foot in Salem's mouth.