• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a joke

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid
Geno
Kuni
Nealer
Dup
Tang

And we can't even score more than 1 goal per game.

"It's not about having the best players, it's about having the right players."-Herb Brooks

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of glad the Pens are losing tho, now I could play them on NHL 14 without feeling redundant.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the same team making the same stupid mistakes that they've been making for 3 years. letang flat out sucks. His decision making with the puck is just ridiculous. We just don't learn.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the same team making the same stupid mistakes that they've been making for 3 years. letang flat out sucks. His decision making with the puck is just ridiculous. We just don't learn.

I guess we just hold our noses until March then. Hopefully they'll figure it out by then.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny...they looked ok against the Preds...then again, the Preds suck ass. Then they shit the bed again against the Dev's. Glad to see some of you coming around on Letang...now what about Malkintent?!

Does anybody want to step up, like the Devils D, and stop someone at the blueline??? The Pens let teams carry the puck right into the zone to the circle before even considering D'ing up! I thought they brought in some sort of D support coach?! I believe the Pens need to pull a Therien and get rid Abissmal!

And can anybody get a puck on net??? This whole team has turned into a bunch of harlem globetrotters trying to do the fancy shit to make shots look pretty versus just playing a game of get to the net with shots actually on goal.

Engelland played his ass off last night...can't say the same about anybody else, except maybe Kunitz. Neal, Malkintent and Letang are busts...too bad the Pens are saddled with these POS's!

I could live with Letang being made/told he is a winger and not a Dman...

Good thing this team plays in the Metro division...bunch of craptastic teams

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Preds suck and were without Rinne. I don't count that for anything. Tonight was the night to get some momentum going and they showed us what they are. Hate to say it but this team needs a major shakeup. So sick of outshooting teams 10-1 in the 1st yet trail 1-0 where it matters. That's getting really annoying now. No way we just run into so many hot goalies. Bottom line is that we can't finish.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I give 0 chance to beat the Ducks.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if this is the type of team we are, I hope we don't make the playoffs. Would rather have a good draft pick than go into the playoffs like this.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me, I don't put all that much blame on coaching for this mess. I mean, if you don't like Disco's system then you just don't. The whole deal is to maintain puck possession and with the amount of turnovers that this team makes (Letang and Geno) it just cuts the the game plan off at the knees, and that's on the players plain and simple. For me, blaming Disco is taking the easy way out.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its Disco, too good of a coach, a lack of commuication to Malkin Maybe! Hockey needs to be played with an edge as in there is no tomorrow. At the moment this is not the typical Penguin team

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask me, I don't put all that much blame on coaching for this mess. I mean, if you don't like Disco's system then you just don't. The whole deal is to maintain puck possession and with the amount of turnovers that this team makes (Letang and Geno) it just cuts the the game plan off at the knees, and that's on the players plain and simple. For me, blaming Disco is taking the easy way out.

I agree, tell you the truth I don't blame anyone. It's not the time to point fingers. Just that someone on the team needs to stand up. We just need someone to get in front of the net IMO. If we could just do that, I think it would make a world of a difference. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have anyone who does that.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an interesting couple of quotes from Ben Lovejoy, who we will see in action tonight against the pens.

Cracking the lineup in Pittsburgh was a dream come true at the time,” Lovejoy said. “They're a world class organization that is trying to win the Cup every year. They've got two of the best players in the world in their primes. But it's not easy to come into that environment. It's not a bad thing. It's a fun environment in a way, but there is a ton of pressure to perform.

“It was stressful. It was hard. Being a Penguin wasn't easy.”

Lovejoy was in and out of the lineup as the coaching staff never developed a complete trust in his game. A turnover in Game 2 against Philadelphia in the 2012 Stanley Cup playoffs seemed to seal his fate, and he was traded early in the following season.

Immediately a better player with Anaheim, Lovejoy credits coach Bruce Boudreau's system, which is more conventional than the Penguins' system.

Lovejoy said puck retrieval and breakout plays in Anaheim's system are more comfortable.

“It's been 100 percent better for me,” he said. “Pittsburgh has obviously been incredibly successful playing the style they play, and when it works, it's so pretty, so good. It's a complex style. They have players who do it very, very well. Perhaps it wasn't right for me. I did everything I could for five and a half years to learn that style. But playing Anaheim's style has been very beneficial for me."

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some pretty sobering words, if you ask me. "so pretty", "complex" and "when it works" are all ones that stood out to me.

I felt after the post-season ending the way it did was Bylsma's sign that he would not be back. When Lemieux was a player, he was never shy about asking for a change in voice from the coaching staff, and I really thought his input would close the book on Danny B. That proved to be the incorrect assumption. Maybe, though.. they really should have cut the cord on him. Not because I think he's a bad coach, but because his style of in game managing (or lack thereof), and type of play has been figured out and handily beaten.

Can't help but notice the games they've lost of late are almost all against teams who play a tight defensive trap style of game. The same style that has hamstrung Bylsma all the way back to the series loss against Halak and Montreal following the cup season. He still has no real answer for that style of play.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to let Malkin or Letang off the hook, cause their turnovers are awful. But at the same time, the system might be puck possession, but it is also turnover prone.

The stretch pass is prone to turnovers, when your controlled breakout is based around 40ft passes, turnovers are unavoidable.

The rush offense, centered around the neutral zone 'chip' is prone to turnovers. When you see a defensemen throw the puck up the boards, and Craig Adams or Tanner Glass start chipping pucks in the neutral zone you ask yourself what exactly is their plan to get the puck? If the plan is to have a forechecker come with speed as the chip is made on the boards, sure that's fine, but what happens when the chip gets turned over? Chips are inherently risky because you are not possessing the puck, just redirecting it.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Lovejoy is a star now, that's hilarious.