• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a horrible coaching job by Holgorsen

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys noticed Mickey has not written to many articles since the season has started.....and Dad rarely quotes after wins, mostly after L's?? While I am only 1/4 of a person I think he may be two people, I have never seen Dad and Mickey in the same place.

Anyways fire the whole staff, fire Luck, get us back into the Big East.....that is all.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't read Mickey's opinion pieces unless someone posts them on here or BGN. I hate to remember him in a negative light, so I stay away from his stuff.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCW makes a good point.......why is it...that people get so dug in even if they are wrong that no matter what they will defend their POV come hell or high water?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that can't see that this program has finally turned the corner is just biased blind......

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey=DAD

you guys finally figuring this out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCW makes a good point.......why is it...that people get so dug in even if they are wrong that no matter what they will defend their POV come hell or high water?

INDEED, Slaton, people are so dug in on the depth excuse that they will not admit that Holgorsen has NOT been an effective coach, or that he had less than stellar defensive coordinators in the last two years. Some others, including me, can say that Holgorsen has learned a LOT about being a HC between last year and this year, that Gibson is doing a great job with the defense so far, that the team has chemistry this season that has been lacking the last three, and that hiring Bradley has paid big dividends so far. Some come on here to discuss WVU football, others to bait those they disagree with..........

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
INDEED, Slaton, people are so dug in on the depth excuse that they will not admit that Holgorsen has NOT been an effective coach, or that he had less than stellar defensive coordinators in the last two years. Some others, including me, can say that Holgorsen has learned a LOT about being a HC between last year and this year, that Gibson is doing a great job with the defense so far, that the team has chemistry this season that has been lacking the last three, and that hiring Bradley has paid big dividends so far. Some come on here to discuss WVU football, others to bait those they disagree with..........

Well DAD you and I are somewhere in the middle of your post...Depth was and still is to some degree an issue, but that happens when you change HC's 3 times in 8 years... your going to take a step backwards to go 3 steps forward.

I appreciate the fact that you recognize and acknowledge that Dana has grown in the job. I don't think anyone of us envy how he came to be HC. But you can't blame him either. Luck made a decision and in the end at least for me personally it was the right one, but yes I wish it would have been a smoother transition to not besmirch Stewart in anyway. Good Guy...average Asst. Coach at best...Would have liked to see him take a position inside of the MAC...he was a great glad hander and could have done the program well there.

The fact that DANA has shown the balls to essentially fire his best friend in one year as DC and hire a guy looking for his first opportunity ( and a native West Virginian BTW) is a feel good story..well maybe not for Deforrest!...

I don't care if you disagree or bitch about in game coaching decisions...we are all arm chair QB's!... there are many haters of this guy...I strongly believe that just like Bowden, if they don't open their eyes and let what animosity they have built for him for really no reason that he has caused, we will lose another potentially elite coach down the line..it's past time the the Wv fanbase get behind this man..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You cannot expect any of this to come across as sincere.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you were... and still are... wrong about the depth issues Dana has had to overcome. Talk about being dug in...

Why do you feel Patterson was a less than stellar DC? He did a good job before he got to WVU... it appears he's doing a good job at ASU.

If you want to be taken seriously, if you want to talk football... then please answer one of my requests... list the D-linemen recruited by Stewart.

Why do the same coaching staffs who had problems when they threw inexperienced players on the field, have less problems when those players have matured?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound::lame::pound::yahoo:

10-1 there is 50 more post next time we lose a game!

:lol::lol::lol:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cannot expect any of this to come across as sincere.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that you were... and still are... wrong about the depth issues Dana has had to overcome. Talk about being dug in...

Why do you feel Patterson was a less than stellar DC? He did a good job before he got to WVU... it appears he's doing a good job at ASU.

If you want to be taken seriously, if you want to talk football... then please answer one of my requests... list the D-linemen recruited by Stewart.

Why do the same coaching staffs who had problems when they threw inexperienced players on the field, have less problems when those players have matured?

If YOU can not admit that Holgorsen had a lot to learn about the HC position, and HAS learned a lot to date, if YOU can not admit that Efore was a failure as DC, and is not doing a good job now as ST coordinator, then do not try and deride me, coaching staffs mature, as well as players. Holgorsen is maturing better this year than I felt he would, he has put some arrogance aside and has learned from Bradley, and is learning from mistakes, his clock management has improved greatly since the UMD game, his play calling has improved as well since that game. I am glad to see that Holgorsen has leveled his temperament and is getting players to play for him now. If you think Holgorsen is the same coach today he was 12 months ago, YOU are the one who can not be taken seriously in a football discussion.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If YOU can not admit that Holgorsen had a lot to learn about the HC position, and HAS learned a lot to date, if YOU can not admit that Efore was a failure as DC, and is not doing a good job now as ST coordinator, then do not try and deride me, coaching staffs mature, as well as players. Holgorsen is maturing better this year than I felt he would, he has put some arrogance aside and has learned from Bradley, and is learning from mistakes, his clock management has improved greatly since the UMD game, his play calling has improved as well since that game. I am glad to see that Holgorsen has leveled his temperament and is getting players to play for him now. If you think Holgorsen is the same coach today he was 12 months ago, YOU are the one who can not be taken seriously in a football discussion.

Has anyone ever stated Dana had nothing to learn in being a HC? My God... he was brought here to be the HCIW... not to take the program right over. Unfortunately... your boy Billy changed all of that for him.

DeForrest has done some things very well as ST Coordinator. Are you trying to tell me everything about WVU's ST's is terrible? I would have to question your knowledge of football if that was the case.

How do you know if Dana is learning from Bradley? Could Dana be learning from Luck?

Dana has his kids now. Kids who are bought in to his program. Kids who want to bust their butt for him. He has leaders, and those leaders are taking care of issues today. And, he has depth...

So... you still failed to answer my request. Who did Billy recruit for the D-line?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know if Dana is learning from Bradley? QUOTE]

Exactly what would he have learned from him??? Many people were hoping Bradley would take over for DH by now not teach him anything.......were they calling for Bradleys head when our D Line was getting crushed by UMD, TTech, Oklahoma and Bama?

I am not sure what the influence Bradley is going to have, hasn't brought in any top recruits yet... and if we have a magical year I am sure as heck not going to say it was all due to bring in Bradley who has less HC exp than DH.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ever stated Dana had nothing to learn in being a HC? My God... he was brought here to be the HCIW... not to take the program right over. Unfortunately... your boy Billy changed all of that for him.

DeForrest has done some things very well as ST Coordinator. Are you trying to tell me everything about WVU's ST's is terrible? I would have to question your knowledge of football if that was the case.

How do you know if Dana is learning from Bradley? Could Dana be learning from Luck?

Dana has his kids now. Kids who are bought in to his program. Kids who want to bust their butt for him. He has leaders, and those leaders are taking care of issues today. And, he has depth...

So... you still failed to answer my request. Who did Billy recruit for the D-line?

You sure like to question other's knowledge of football, when you have a lot to learn yourself, anyone who thinks there was not BS at the end of the first half of the UMD game has some learning to do. Bradley had YEARS under a legendary coach in a top notch program, if Holgorsen is NOT asking and learning from Bradley, he is an arrogant fool.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know if Dana is learning from Bradley? QUOTE]

Exactly what would he have learned from him??? Many people were hoping Bradley would take over for DH by now not teach him anything.......were they calling for Bradleys head when our D Line was getting crushed by UMD, TTech, Oklahoma and Bama?

I am not sure what the influence Bradley is going to have, hasn't brought in any top recruits yet... and if we have a magical year I am sure as heck not going to say it was all due to bring in Bradley who has less HC exp than DH.

Then how do we explain the complete change in Holgorsen's sideline actions? His change in press conferences and halftime comments to reporters? I think Bradley has had a lot to do with this change, and I credit Holgorsen for using his assistants as personal help for himself, not just as position coaches.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then how do we explain the complete change in Holgorsen's sideline actions? His change in press conferences and halftime comments to reporters? I think Bradley has had a lot to do with this change, and I credit Holgorsen for using his assistants as personal help for himself, not just as position coaches.

I think Holgorsen is his own man...I am sure he has asked Bradley about his time at Penn State...the good and the bad.....I am sure he has asked Crook about his time at Stanford and how they went about turning that program around.......I am certain he has asked Luck about how to build relationships...but he has had his own mentors along the way..he talks about them all the time between Leach, Briles and Sumlin..I'm sure there are others he reaches out to...he's not 25 years old!...he's a grown ass man!!..

That's the problem with a guy like Huggin's he thinks he knows it all already..geez what made me go there???:lol:

Rich was a prefect prima-dona, other than Terry Bowden maybe..no one would be able to tell him anything...Holgorsen clearly keeps and open mind...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we brought in Bradley to help with sideline antics and comments to the press?

Was that all that was missing from last years team?

I believe what DH said, Tony Gibson wanted him on his staff....he was not brought in to make DH a better interview.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we brought in Bradley to help with sideline antics and comments to the press?

Was that all that was missing from last years team?

I believe what DH said, Tony Gibson wanted him on his staff....he was not brought in to make DH a better interview.

Roger, Holgorsen just up and decided to change his whole demeanor..............

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger, Holgorsen just up and decided to change his whole demeanor..............

Winning will do that, getting players to buy into what you are selling will do that. What did Bradley do as Interim head coach at PSU?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is nothing like he was last year....completely new person...:rollseyes: