• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What a bitch move by Fed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped out of the finals with Novak because he played a long match yesterday.

No injury or anything.

I'm disgusted by this man.

I would be livid as a fan even if I do get my money back.

This is something rafa would do

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped out of the finals with Novak because he played a long match yesterday.

No injury or anything.

I'm disgusted by this man.

I would be livid as a fan even if I do get my money back.

This is something rafa would do

At least have the common dencency to lie and say you're hurt.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying.

Make up some shit.

Don't make it seems like you just don't feel like playing because you had a long match and you have Davis Cup next weekend.

Fucking joke.

My respect for Fed went out the window today

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is now using his back as his excuse.

Pretty sure he plays on Friday though.....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He almost never withdraws, and even played a YEC final against Nalbandian with an injury a few years back, so I have little reason to doubt him.

The back problem has plagued him for many, many years....and actually started back around that Nalbandian match. Last year it was really bad, and after a very long season with a lot of matches for him this year, I'll go ahead and be a reasonable adult and understand that it probably came back, and he's being careful.

He has the respect of every real tennis fan on earth, and we all hope he's well for one (maybe) last season starting down under in just a couple of months. As long as he's having fun playing, all real tennis fans will enjoy every minute they can of him.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it was disappointing to not see Roger out there on Sunday I can live with it.

This is sort of a ersatz tournament anyway.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He almost never withdraws, and even played a YEC final against Nalbandian with an injury a few years back, so I have little reason to doubt him.

The back problem has plagued him for many, many years....and actually started back around that Nalbandian match. Last year it was really bad, and after a very long season with a lot of matches for him this year, I'll go ahead and be a reasonable adult and understand that it probably came back, and he's being careful.

He has the respect of every real tennis fan on earth, and we all hope he's well for one (maybe) last season starting down under in just a couple of months. As long as he's having fun playing, all real tennis fans will enjoy every minute they can of him.

I will agree with you there except that when the same thing happened to WS at Indian Wells the media was not so kind to the WS claiming Venus was faking injury to allow Serena to win which did not make sense to any rational person but the media which stunk up the controversy to high heavens resulting in the unfortunate incident that prompted them not to come to Indian Wells again. Federer is still one of the most beloved athletes in the world and this is not going to change that.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying.

Make up some shit.

Don't make it seems like you just don't feel like playing because you had a long match and you have Davis Cup next weekend.

Fucking joke.

My respect for Fed went out the window today

Good!! I think you should start following other sports now because golly I think you are done with tennis!! Lol!

Also he lost handily to Monfils! So the back issue is legit concern!

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good!! I think you should start following other sports now because golly I think you are done with tennis!! Lol!

Also he lost handily to Monfils! So the back issue is legit concern!

And he won in straights on Sunday to win the davis cup for Switz....

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Fed and Waws take the Davis Cup.

All real tennis fans enjoyed that.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will agree with you there except that when the same thing happened to WS at Indian Wells the media was not so kind to the WS claiming Venus was faking injury to allow Serena to win which did not make sense to any rational person but the media which stunk up the controversy to high heavens resulting in the unfortunate incident that prompted them not to come to Indian Wells again. Federer is still one of the most beloved athletes in the world and this is not going to change that.

It wouldn't have been the first time something like that happened; or visa versa! Hard to have any respect for them for that reason and more! Boycotting IW just made them look petty and stupid! World class athletes allowing a minor controversy with a couple idiots to make them stay away for 10 years from IW? Their loss! :lame: :noidea: :L :bullshit:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't have been the first time something like that happened; or visa versa! Hard to have any respect for them for that reason and more! Boycotting IW just made them look petty and stupid! World class athletes allowing a minor controversy with a couple idiots to make them stay away for 10 years from IW? Their loss! :lame: :noidea: :L :bullshit:

I don't think you really believe this. Racism is not minor if they believe it actually happened to them. Well that is not the only time it had happened to them since I know you are old enough to remember what happened when someone used racist words against Serena in one match and the fans themselves gave the man up and he was removed from the stadium. I bet they were aware of what happened at IW and did not want the WS to boycott their event.

Oh, by the way, what do you mean by their loss? It was IW loss rather than the WS who went on to become even bigger than before.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you really believe this. Racism is not minor if they believe it actually happened to them. Well that is not the only time it had happened to them since I know you are old enough to remember what happened when someone used racist words against Serena in one match and the fans themselves gave the man up and he was removed from the stadium. I bet they were aware of what happened at IW and did not want the WS to boycott their event.

Oh, by the way, what do you mean by their loss? It was IW loss rather than the WS who went on to become even bigger than before.

How can it be IW loss when WOMENS tennis really doesn't matter that much? It's only the fanatics of the WS and a handful hard core women Tennis fans that take women's tennis seriously. If it really mattered they would have asked for forgiveness to the sisters or issued an apology.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can it be IW loss when WOMENS tennis really doesn't matter that much? It's only the fanatics of the WS and a handful hard core women Tennis fans that take women's tennis seriously. If it really mattered they would have asked for forgiveness to the sisters or issued an apology.

Maybe this will help you in your warped thinking:

WTA sets up $525M, 10-year media rights deal - ESPN

"Allaster said the new deal includes guaranteed annual TV rights fees of $33 million from Perform, nearly double the $17 million per year currently. It also includes what she said was "eight figures" a year in "production investment."
"Their investment at this level makes a very significant statement about the value they see in the WTA," Allaster said about Perform. "This comes at a time when we look at the horizon and we will have a changing of the guard of our current top stars, which shows the value and depth of our rising stars."
The new package adds rights to the WTA's international tournaments; the previous contract covered only higher-level premier events.
In a statement, Perform's joint-CEO, Simon Denyer, said his group believes in the "exceptional sport entertainment value of the WTA."

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will come up with any ridiculous (and fake) stats to sell women's tennis. I am so convinced!! Lol!