• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: (3) Sharks at (2) Blues

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the Shark fans here congrats on finally getting to see the team in the Finals.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thornton: I think you gotta give a lot of credit to Pete DeBoer.

Wow, was that an indirect shot at Todd McLellan?!?

/Of all the things he could have said out of the gate, that was first.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitch fired by bluez hired by flames by game 1 scf or naw ?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series Blues fans, that's a solid team with no quit in them. I'd be lying if I said I didn't get nervous late in the third.

Stanley cup finals!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so glad the blues are done. Congrats sharks fans. Not sure many picked the sharks coming out of the west. Such a tough conference. Getting hot at the right time is key.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with naw for the reason that I don't think the Blues will be that quick to fire Hitch.
I don't think he should get fired either. He got them past the defending champs and the #1 seed in the conference.

I think he's earned another year.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thornton: I think you gotta give a lot of credit to Pete DeBoer.

Wow, was that an indirect shot at Todd McLellan?!?

/Of all the things he could have said out of the gate, that was first.

I admit that I don't know much about Pete DeBoer, but he's got some kind of magic. That group he took to the finals in NJ was not what you'd call elite and he's gotten a ton out of essentially the same team that flamed out last year. Something he is doing is working.

Hitch fired by bluez hired by flames by game 1 scf or naw ?

Gotta go with naw. None of his coaching decisions had any effect on this series in a negative fashion. Sharks D was just too strong and the Blues couldn't push past. Plus, the Blues never gave up in any game.

Congrats Sharks. You are gonna need some serious bandwagon upgrades to fit everyone. I am on board. I mean up and down the roster, I don't think there is anyone on the Sharks I strongly dislike. The same can not be said for the other three conference finalists.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go with naw. None of his coaching decisions had any effect on this series in a negative fashion. Sharks D was just too strong and the Blues couldn't push past. Plus, the Blues never gave up in any game.

He's out of contract (runs to June 30 like last year) and he's had public spats with his star player ... we will see ... you guys are right though it might not all shake down in the next 4 days lol

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Damn !!!

4 more wins to go.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...

Watching the NHL network at lunch and they were talking about Hitch's future. Grain of salt: Kypreos and MacLean were doing most of the talking.

They said Hitch did not go into the locker room nor address the team in any way after the game last night.

That's pretty shitty. Maybe he's already decided he doesn't want to come back.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...

Watching the NHL network at lunch and they were talking about Hitch's future. Grain of salt: Kypreos and MacLean were doing most of the talking.

They said Hitch did not go into the locker room nor address the team in any way after the game last night.

That's pretty shitty. Maybe he's already decided he doesn't want to come back.

Hitch isn't exactly a young guy anymore (he'll turn 65 in December), maybe in his heart this was his last kick at the can.

/In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it a career and is done with coaching all together.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, I wouldn't be surprised if he calls it a career and is done with coaching all together.

really? i would be surprised ... hes a hockey lifer ... i can remember an old interview he did way back when with Dan Russell on Sportstalk and they talked about his weight loss and he said to the effect ... doctors told me I could die behind the bench ... i want to die behind the bench on my terms lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? i would be surprised ... hes a hockey lifer ... i can remember an old interview he did way back when with Dan Russell on Sportstalk and they talked about his weight loss and he said to the effect ... doctors told me I could die behind the bench ... i want to die behind the bench on my terms lol

Hey, I could be way off base (wouldn't be the first time), but he's won a Cup as a head coach and has been part of a lot of success behind the bench for Team Canada. When you put that together with his junior hockey coaching career, he's a no doubter in my opinion for the HHOF. It is a demanding job though and only he knows if the passion is still there to continue.