• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

West/Crowell/Tate

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we learn anything coming out of the Thursday night game in this CF?

West is clearly the starter, I think that much can be said for certain, although I don't think it was going to be that way. Both he and Crowell had 12 carries apiece when Isiah put that one on the ground, and even though it was overturned, Crowell never touched the ball again. It's worth noting seeing as Crowell had firmly established himself as the clear cut #2 a few weeks ago, and then promptly put two balls on the turf, causing the Browns to more or less bench him for two weeks. WOnder how long he'll be in the doghouse this time?

But,. Crowell wasn't the only Brown's RB to have ball security issues, West also was a little loose with the ball, and while neither of his two "fumbles" will show up on the stat sheet, it's still notable considering what they did with Crowell...twice.

So I wouldn't be too quick to dump Ben Tate. West may have technically taken his job for the time being, but the Browns have made it clear they value ball security, and it may only be a fumble away before Tate regains his old job back. Besides, it's not like West was supremely better, checking in at 3.6 yards a carry to Tate's, (and Crowell's) 3.4.

For a team that needs to run the ball as often as Cleveland does, it's definitely a situation worth monitoring very closely.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless one of three gets injured, Im not very confident we see Cleveland's RB depth chart be anything but cloudy.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we learn anything coming out of the Thursday night game in this CF?

West is clearly the starter, I think that much can be said for certain, although I don't think it was going to be that way. Both he and Crowell had 12 carries apiece when Isiah put that one on the ground, and even though it was overturned, Crowell never touched the ball again. It's worth noting seeing as Crowell had firmly established himself as the clear cut #2 a few weeks ago, and then promptly put two balls on the turf, causing the Browns to more or less bench him for two weeks. WOnder how long he'll be in the doghouse this time?

But,. Crowell wasn't the only Brown's RB to have ball security issues, West also was a little loose with the ball, and while neither of his two "fumbles" will show up on the stat sheet, it's still notable considering what they did with Crowell...twice.

So I wouldn't be too quick to dump Ben Tate. West may have technically taken his job for the time being, but the Browns have made it clear they value ball security, and it may only be a fumble away before Tate regains his old job back. Besides, it's not like West was supremely better, checking in at 3.6 yards a carry to Tate's, (and Crowell's) 3.4.

For a team that needs to run the ball as often as Cleveland does, it's definitely a situation worth monitoring very closely.

Agree - from what I saw in the game all three were pretty successful (fantasy wise). I just wonder how the return of Gordon will change things ? I believe he will easily become the focus of their 'passing' game which may be even better for all three. Committee going forward - yes, but for now West will log more carries.
On another note - the Bengals sucked on all phases of the game. Dalton was absolutely horrible and Green couldn't catch a cold. ..... the run game and defense were pretty much nonexistent.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game last night, I kept thinking what a headache it would be to have only one Browns RB...and what a bigger headache it might be to have all three.