• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz reportedly wants out in Philly

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Wentz at NDSU his 4 years and wanted Dallas to Draft him. I still think he is a good QB but needs a supporting cast and solid coaching and offense around him . When philly drafted him I cringed, that was not a good place to go as a new QB in the NFL. Now before all you philly faithful try to throw battery loaded snowballs at me well Who cares maybe one will hit Jerry Jones in the head and knock some sense in him. The contract Philly gave Wentz makes it damn near impossible to trade him. As the cap hits above show, he might be hard to even give away. I would not give a 7th round pick and that is only based on the contract. Wentz is salvageable but the contract makes it so cap unfriendly it’s damn near impossible to do so.
Don’t blame him for wanting out Though.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as said before, Wentz and his agent need to be willing to restructure his contract some to get any reasonable deal done. Otherwise, it's a tough sell. What we should remember is that their may well be better options out there for Indy, N.E, and possibly a few other teams looking at the position. A lot of question marks at QB going into the offseason for a lot of teams.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear the Eagles are about to enter a nuclear winter

View attachment 260612

Thing is, they need to cut some of these scrub veterans like Alshon Jeffery and Desean Jackson anyway, so it will not be good next year for sure, but isn't as bad in terms of on the field impact as you might think.

LeroyOU12

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Future NFL players take note: Hire Wentz's agent to represent you. He's so good that the Eagles are willing to pay top money for below average QB like Wentz.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody spins shit better than Philly fans

they laughed on this site for months about being smart and signing their QB before Dallas did theirs
they talked about how no GM in pro football would take Dak over wentz
they pointed their finger at Dallas's QB just being a RB
they talked proudly about their GM being smarter and a gap guru

NOW?
LOL....

Pitch a tent over philly and their fans, cause they are about to be an NFL circus act or homeless.
Couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base.
Fly Eagles Fly!!

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if Hurts is really the guy either, but I like how Hurts carries himself. For a rookie he is impressive in terms of leadership. Let's see how he does the rest of the season. If he continues to show up like he did against New Orleans, I don't think Philly will have any choice but to move on from Wentz.
Sadly with today's QB's, if Hurts finishes the season strong he'll be looking for a 100M contract. The "you gots to pay me" attitude dominates the league.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly with today's QB's, if Hurts finishes the season strong he'll be looking for a 100M contract. The "you gots to pay me" attitude dominates the league.
hes under contract for next 4 years but other than that spot on :suds:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a rookie in his first year, he is not getting a contract no matter what for a couple of years. And that could be a positive for Philly given their salary cap situation now after Howie not only signed Wentz, but signed a lot of old veteran players to ill-advised deals.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, they need to cut some of these scrub veterans like Alshon Jeffery and Desean Jackson anyway, so it will not be good next year for sure, but isn't as bad in terms of on the field impact as you might think.
right :dhd: ....least you have a top paid corner who can shut down Cooper

best thing about your football opinions is you're still only the second worst philly homer now that Koy replaced PE1

play to your strengths Iggloo, and keep your eye on all things Dallas

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for the Eagles, they don't have to worry about his deal for at least 2 years, maybe 3. The benefit of the team having rookie control. It may give them time to properly evaluate him and fix the many other problems they have.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes under contract for next 4 years but other than that spot on :suds:
That's true, it won't come right away, but if he plays well you can bet he'll be looking for a re-do after next year. Pretty much SOP. Honoring contracts is of little importance.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think as said before, Wentz and his agent need to be willing to restructure his contract some to get any reasonable deal done. Otherwise, it's a tough sell. What we should remember is that their may well be better options out there for Indy, N.E, and possibly a few other teams looking at the position. A lot of question marks at QB going into the offseason for a lot of teams.

His contract is a good deal for other teams that view him highly enough to trade for him.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second part of your sentence is the problem. Teams aren't going to view him all that highly given what they see. He needs a lot of work.

Except every indication has been that there will be teams interested in trading for him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants out because he is weak minded snivelling bitch.
There has never been anyone saying he wont be able to compete for the starting job next year. Yet. he just wants everything handed to him without having to work for it.
Which is exactly his problem.
Why would a team want to trade for him & pay him extremely to much money to be a snivelling weak minded bitch?