• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Well we kinda knew about this list

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's mostly Canadian teams and bad teams. I'm sure 2 years ago the Islanders would've been near the top of that list. Winning cures all.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I agree big time. Doesn't explain though why no one wanted to come here when we were winning cups though.

But winning aside I would think this is the prime location anyone would want to land.

We have all the big city in Nyc
A beach
Hours away from gambling in ac
Insanely good schools
Some of the nicest burbs in america
Travel schedule is one of the easiest
Best of all no one cares about hockey here. Your Phil Kessel and you come here you don't score a goal in 20 games outside of tg and chere who is going to cover it? The post? They are in NY. How many people will be at your locker room asking you questions? Sherri ross?

We have all the amenities of a big city and the best of being a small market non hockey town. Yet we can't attract anyone? What's been the one constant? Lou no one imo wants to play for him

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there anyone during our heyday that we tried to get but couldn't? I don't really remember us really pursuing anyone and them refusing.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i was reading in the comments somewhere about sellanne in 03 that nixed a deal coming here for gomez.

i guess just not really being able to land a marquee free agent that wasn't already in house prior to signing an extension or a new deal.

cory/kovy/elias etc all played for nj then signed on to stay here.

camalari is the "biggest" name i can think of ufa wise to come here. maybe i am missing someone? you have to remember too i believe it took a lawsuit for stevens to report to nj when he got awarded to us

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i would assume that we are "in" on most of the "big name" ufa's that have hit the market recently seeing how we are always in a win now mode. so you would think why didn't some of these guys want to come here?

or is it even more telling that so much talent continue to bleed from here when they leave for UFA?

yeah i know we have been over this a ton but fool my once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. nieds/parise/kovy/ even maybe clarkson to some extent they all didn't leave because they loved it here

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there anyone during our heyday that we tried to get but couldn't? I don't really remember us really pursuing anyone and them refusing.
Only one I can remember was Selanne and at that point in his career he wasn't leaving SoCal to go anywhere except to play with his pal Kariya