• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

well if you believe Jerry's interview

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be D-line early and often in the draft.

Said he likes what we have at the SAM and what we have at Safety.

Didnt see him mention the Will spot though (Carters final year)

Oh and he said he thinks the offense is "good enough" Though didn't rule out a lineman

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he actually say he likes what we have at safety? Is it possible that a human being that watched us play and has even a minimal understanding of Football doesn't see the problem at safety? Oh well...such is life with GM Jerry pulling the strings and at the podium...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he actually say he likes what we have at safety? Is it possible that a human being that watched us play and has even a minimal understanding of Football doesn't see the problem at safety? Oh well...such is life with GM Jerry pulling the strings and at the podium...

God I hope not. Of course with Jerry you can't believe a word he says. Maybe this is a good omen.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes: Jerry Jones On Landry Leaving, Ware, Draft Focus

Frankly, we like where are with our young guys,” Jones said. “Some of them don’t have the time on them. We like where we are at safety, and we like where we are at Sam linebacker, strong linebacker. We actually got three or four guys we think can really do a good job.”

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Jerry is a bullshitter at this time of year.

Although I mentioned this earlier this year. Jerry might think he likes Church & big on Johnson at Safety. Add growth to Wilcox. Sprinkle in a little Jerry ego (on his draft picks) The scary thought is he is serious about safety.
Personally I hope he is bullshitting.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Jerry is a bullshitter at this time of year.

Although I mentioned this earlier this year. Jerry might think he likes Church & big on Johnson at Safety. Add growth to Wilcox. Sprinkle in a little Jerry ego (on his draft picks) The scary thought is he is serious about safety.
Personally I hope he is bullshitting.

Even if he is or isn't bullshitting he couldn't go wrong not drafting a safety

we still need 3 D-linemen and a weakside Lber

gonna be pretty hard for him to fuck this draft up

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt stephen jones come out and gush over johnny football

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if he did it means nothing.

Cowboys only draft players they expect to be day 1 starters in the 1st

That rules out Rb, Wr, Qb, C, LT Mlber, Cb, and TE completely in the 1st round

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hey! talking about Johnny Football around here isn't allowed unless you are joking around & that shit isn't funny!!!!
:heh: :heh: :heh:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....but I think the loss of Sean Lee hurt you guys last year. Whomever his back up was, he didn't play well enough - has your FO addressed this issue?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....but I think the loss of Sean Lee hurt you guys last year. Whomever his back up was, he didn't play well enough - has your FO addressed this issue?

well you are talking about depth .... you don't draft for depth in the 1st ... and Lee was just given a new contract last year

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or its nothing but pre-draft talk.

per your link
"Or maybe it’s all part of the inevitable pre-draft B.S. misdirections.* Maybe Jones actually thinks Manziel will be a bust, and Jones hopes that the Cowboys’ only rival in Texas will use the first overall pick on a guy who won’t get it done at the next level.Regardless, if the Cowboys truly covet Manziel, they shouldn’t be saying so."

It would make a lot of sense to talk up the player you really want.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope so. The more they talk him up, the higher his price goes. It's a lock that JFF goes before Dallas drafts but that just means one better player falls to Dallas

As for the draft, man I'll get ripped for this I'm sure but I'd prefer to see us spend a little of the cap room you know Jerry will mortgage the future to get and go after Beason or Donald Butler for the Mike and move Lee to Will. I love Lee, but he needs to be shifted to keep him healthy. I think he is fast enough to play the slot guy.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. The more they talk him up, the higher his price goes. It's a lock that JFF goes before Dallas drafts but that just means one better player falls to Dallas

As for the draft, man I'll get ripped for this I'm sure but I'd prefer to see us spend a little of the cap room you know Jerry will mortgage the future to get and go after Beason or Donald Butler for the Mike and move Lee to Will. I love Lee, but he needs to be shifted to keep him healthy. I think he is fast enough to play the slot guy.

actually I think Chris Jones in the 3rd or 4th ... (That's where he is projected) I think he could come in and battle Carter at the Will day one ... If not beat him out put the pressure on him to make him a better player

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another bad signing for Jerry Jones. Gives a very nice contract to someone who only plays half a year. :lame:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Jim Harbaugh and Jerrah could coexist? Harbaugh could be free in the next year or so.