• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome RB Samaje Perine

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We now have The Beard to compliment The Belly on Offense.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd to me that Cincy let him go.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was about the type of RB signing I expected for us this offseason.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought of something sorta ironic.

We had Melvin Gordon on our roster who broke the NCAA single game rushing yard record (Broke Tomlinson's record) now we have Samaje Perine who broke Gordon's record one week later.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine is a big RB who catches the ball well. Fits Payton's history well as a backup RB he can use in multiple ways.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch Perine perform against the lowly chiefs.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
live music tommy GIF by Live Nation

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like this signing. With the improvements on the line and a blocking TE as a bonus pickup, and now this bruiser to add to protection in the backfield as well as a safety valve, I am liking this new look offense. After last year I was ready to sentence the entire Broncos offense to 4 years in the XFL, USFL, CFL, and in some players' cases Pop Warner (where other athletes would potentially have an unfair advantage over them but hey, you make your bed...).

I love that we have some clear direction for this offense right now. I'm not sure yet what it will translate to on the field but it at least feels like football adults are running the show again and we can expect an offense to at least pick up a few first downs once in a while. They may even score. It's been a long time since we've seen that here in Denver. Looking like a physical, pound the rock type offense based on the players they've targeted in FA. I'm intrigued at the possibilities.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read today Payton's teams always ranked at the bottom for spending on WR contracts, and with the build out so far Id be shocked if Sutton and or Hamler were still here post draft.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read today Payton's teams always ranked at the bottom for spending on WR contracts, and with the build out so far Id be shocked if Sutton and or Hamler were still here post draft.
Hamler is a stud on paper. Unfortunately, it’s been stuck on paper for almost his whole professional career.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would think Hamler would be here. He isn't costing us much right now. We aren't going to get much for him with his injury history and he is really our only deep threat. Unless Payton has his own speed WR in mind and gives Hamler away. I am going to guess Hamler is on our roster this year and if he doesn't make the impact we drafted him to do or his hammy's dont hold up (again) we let him walk after the season. I was never high on Hamler coming out in a deep WR class but hoping he can finally stay healthy for a change. I don't think Hamler will ever end up earning a huge pay day but could survive in the NFL for awhile based off his speed. Might bounce around a lot.

We surely don't have to TRADE Hamler this offseason because he surely isn't in line for a big contract and he doesn't bring a lot of value so probably best to keep him this year and see what he does.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Hamler would be here. He isn't costing us much right now. We aren't going to get much for him with his injury history and he is really our only deep threat. Unless Payton has his own speed WR in mind and gives Hamler away. I am going to guess Hamler is on our roster this year and if he doesn't make the impact we drafted him to do or his hammy's dont hold up (again) we let him walk after the season. I was never high on Hamler coming out in a deep WR class but hoping he can finally stay healthy for a change. I don't think Hamler will ever end up earning a huge pay day but could survive in the NFL for awhile based off his speed. Might bounce around a lot.

We surely don't have to TRADE Hamler this offseason because he surely isn't in line for a big contract and he doesn't bring a lot of value so probably best to keep him this year and see what he does.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. ;)