• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Marvin Mims

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something nobody ever really mentions about Mims are his strong hands and ability to adjust to the ball. His volume was never heavy at Oklahoma because they had a lot of mouths to feed and ran the ball well (at his his FR and JR year) didn't run it as well his SOPH year. Mims caught my eye in his first game as a FR where he blew the top off the defense and adjusted to a ball deep in the air while showing hands to catch the ball in traffic. He continued to do that as his career at OU went on. SOPH year his numbers were very inconsistent but he also didn't get a of of targets as he appeared to be their #WR by his SOPH season it was all pretty well even. His JR year he looked more like his FR year. I don't think Mims will ever be a HEAVY catch guy but he should be one of the better deep threats in the NFL, IMO, and when I say he won't be a HEAVY catch guy.. I don't mean he won't be a light catch guy either. He won't be Michael Thomas in the catching volume but he will be higher then KJ Hamler if that makes sense. Still a good amount of volume just not a HUGE amount of volume is how I see his NFL career. He really showed he could do a lot with a little in college.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think something nobody ever really mentions about Mims are his strong hands and ability to adjust to the ball. His volume was never heavy at Oklahoma because they had a lot of mouths to feed and ran the ball well (at his his FR and JR year) didn't run it as well his SOPH year. Mims caught my eye in his first game as a FR where he blew the top off the defense and adjusted to a ball deep in the air while showing hands to catch the ball in traffic. He continued to do that as his career at OU went on. SOPH year his numbers were very inconsistent but he also didn't get a of of targets as he appeared to be their #WR by his SOPH season it was all pretty well even. His JR year he looked more like his FR year. I don't think Mims will ever be a HEAVY catch guy but he should be one of the better deep threats in the NFL, IMO, and when I say he won't be a HEAVY catch guy.. I don't mean he won't be a light catch guy either. He won't be Michael Thomas in the catching volume but he will be higher then KJ Hamler if that makes sense. Still a good amount of volume just not a HUGE amount of volume is how I see his NFL career. He really showed he could do a lot with a little in college.
This why Mims is a dream matchup with Wilson - the best deep throw QB - to a guy who can outrun the D - adjust like a circus freak to catch the ball and has hands of glue. I love it!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This why Mims is a dream matchup with Wilson - the best deep throw QB - to a guy who can outrun the D - adjust like a circus freak to catch the ball and has hands of glue. I love it!
Dudes going to get jammed, fall down, tweak his hammy while shredding his acl all on the same play …… pre-season.
Don’t believe the hype (see Russ) (also see Nathaniel).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dudes going to get jammed, fall down, tweak his hammy while shredding his acl all on the same play …… pre-season.
Don’t believe the hype (see Russ) (also see Nathaniel).

No history of injury on Mims - you cynical SOB. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

Just wanted to re-live this memory.

I was just thinking back to a convo I had with my brother right before this pick.

He said to me before the pick was announced. "Who do you hope they draft?"

I said, "Well, technically I wish they would draft my favorite player in the draft, Marvin Mims but it will never happen"

It happened.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump.

Just wanted to re-live this memory.

I was just thinking back to a convo I had with my brother right before this pick.

He said to me before the pick was announced. "Who do you hope they draft?"

I said, "Well, technically I wish they would draft my favorite player in the draft, Marvin Mims but it will never happen"

It happened.

Nick and I did a show a few weeks before the draft and he asked me about the WR position since receivers are my favorite. He asked if there was anybody that got me excited? I told him it was kind of a disappointing year and not many really stuck out, but one that does have me excited is Marvin Mims. I said there is something special about this kid and his big play ability could play well with Russ. Then boom now he is a Bronco.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick and I did a show a few weeks before the draft and he asked me about the WR position since receivers are my favorite. He asked if there was anybody that got me excited? I told him it was kind of a disappointing year and not many really stuck out, but one that does have me excited is Marvin Mims. I said there is something special about this kid and his big play ability could play well with Russ. Then boom now he is a Bronco.

Seems we are usually on the same page with WR's. :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mims fits Wilsons game for sure

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see another receiver I liked in Tank Dell having a good game. Really showing off those separation skills.