• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome 2016 NFL Draft!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hooplas, let's see whether this sub-forum gets any attention. Some members really liked the idea for a place to talk draft only and some commented, "Isn't this what general is for?" Both valid points... guess let's just see whether an NFL draft/combine forum is needed.

I visit a couple other site forums that discuss mock drafts and drafting/combine in general and sites seem to get quite a few responses. Sometimes it's hard to weed through draft specific news with general or visit individual team sites so hopefully if we want to talk draft this is the place.

I get highly invested in the draft and often visit individual team forums to ask what fans think, so the forum should really be open to any/all discussion even if team specific. Hopefully this forum picks up a bit more speed once the season is over and we move into that phase, but time will tell.

In any event, should be a good trial run to see whether this forum is really needed. May be that it can be handled in NFL General but hoping this forum evolves into a good source of info.

Cheers.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully I can help get this off the ground tomorrow. Friday isn't an obnoxious day for me, schedule wise.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a tad early to figure out where people go because the combine has started but team needs are obvious at this point.

Packers need ILB, OL, DL and TE help.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised that there wasn't a Draft specific forum. It's already late on this news since the date already came and went for underclassmen to declare.

Should heat up soon with the playoffs winding down this weekend.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a surprise. I didn't expect this to be p & running already.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, some of us have been thinking draft for several months now.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of mocks have the raiders taking reggie ragland from alabama. not so trusting of alabama linebackers with the rolando mcclain product that was drafted in oakland

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of mocks have the raiders taking reggie ragland from alabama. not so trusting of alabama linebackers with the rolando mcclain product that was drafted in oakland

He has actually turned into a pretty good Linebacker with the Cowboys. So some of that could be that the Raiders were just in such a state of chaos back then that very few even good players could develop into a quality player. I mean the Raiders were going through coaches like they were going out of style. Not easy learning a new system every single season.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes will draft a WR in the 1st round. They are really likely to trade up to get the one they want in fact as they have very few needs and very few roster spots left.

What type of WR they want, I have no idea. Don't know if they will go speed to replace Wallace and get a guy who can take the top off in Coleman or Fuller or if they want size and will go Doctson or Treadwell. But the chances are one of those four guys is on the Vikes roster after day 1.

The only other scenario I can imagine is if the coaching staff falls in love with a WR that will be available in the later rounds so they just take a CB in round 1 instead of taking one in round 2.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes will draft a WR in the 1st round. They are really likely to trade up to get the one they want in fact as they have very few needs and very few roster spots left.

What type of WR they want, I have no idea. Don't know if they will go speed to replace Wallace and get a guy who can take the top off in Coleman or Fuller or if they want size and will go Doctson or Treadwell. But the chances are one of those four guys is on the Vikes roster after day 1.

The only other scenario I can imagine is if the coaching staff falls in love with a WR that will be available in the later rounds so they just take a CB in round 1 instead of taking one in round 2.
I think Treadwell is a good fit on teams like the Vikings or Rams. A great possession receiver that loves to run block. I could see the Vikings trade up to around 12-14 if Treadwell falls that far which he probably should.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Treadwell is a good fit on teams like the Vikings or Rams. A great possession receiver that loves to run block. I could see the Vikings trade up to around 12-14 if Treadwell falls that far which he probably should.

I feel Treadwell is close to a top 10 WR and is a little underrated in this draft in part because he skipped his 40 and in part because people forget that big WR's don't need to be sprinters to be successful in this league (see Hopkins and Jeffery).

But the way it shapes up with team needs, his only likely landing spots in the top 15 are the Eagles @ #8 Giants @ #10 and Ram's @ #15. (New Orleans could use him but I doubt they go offense in the draft).

But yeah I think he would fit well on the Vikes as Teddy could use a WR with a little more catch radius and size. And the biggest need the Vikes have long term is offensive playmaker with Peterson much, much closer to the end than the beginning.

And the Vikes completely have the flexibility to move up in the draft so I could definitely see it happening. Their roster is crazy full for this time of year. But to get into place above the Ram's (I can't imagine the Ram's passing on Treadwell), the Vikes probably would have to include their 2nd rounder and I am not sure they will be willing to pay that high of a price. But we'll see I guess.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel Treadwell is close to a top 10 WR and is a little underrated in this draft in part because he skipped his 40 and in part because people forget that big WR's don't need to be sprinters to be successful in this league (see Hopkins and Jeffery).

But the way it shapes up with team needs, his only likely landing spots in the top 15 are the Eagles @ #8 Giants @ #10 and Ram's @ #15. (New Orleans could use him but I doubt they go offense in the draft).

But yeah I think he would fit well on the Vikes as Teddy could use a WR with a little more catch radius and size. And the biggest need the Vikes have long term is offensive playmaker with Peterson much, much closer to the end than the beginning.

And the Vikes completely have the flexibility to move up in the draft so I could definitely see it happening. Their roster is crazy full for this time of year. But to get into place above the Ram's (I can't imagine the Ram's passing on Treadwell), the Vikes probably would have to include their 2nd rounder and I am not sure they will be willing to pay that high of a price. But we'll see I guess.
The 3 players that fit the Rams draft profile are Treadwell, Hargreaves and Ragland. Rams love SEC players and East coast players. I'd imagine if Treadwell is on the board then they'd draft him. I still think them passing on a QB again would be nuts. Goff makes way too much sense.

Giants have too many issues on defense to draft a WR imo. Eagles are totally unpredictable.

I think if Treadwell is off the board, I think the Vikings go CB over WR but thats just a guess. Doctson and Coleman are likely going in the first round but I'm not sure if they'd go well with the Vikings.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't be a complete shock to see the Rams trade up and try to get Goff. The media is putting a lot of pressure on the Rams to do something about their quarterback position.