• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 3 Locks

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was I supposed to know there'd be riots and shit? :noidea:

I know they said it didn't affect them, but I believe it did. They wanted so badly to give the citizens of Charlotte something to take their minds off of events, kinda like the Saints after Hurricane Katrina.

They just care too much

That must have been the issue. On a more serious note are we seeing that Super Bowl hangover that does happen to teams that lose the Super Bowl? We have seen it happen quite a few times. They start pressing too hard and mistakes that were not happening the year before begin to show up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That must have been the issue. On a more serious note are we seeing that Super Bowl hangover that does happen to teams that lose the Super Bowl? We have seen it happen quite a few times. They start pressing too hard and mistakes that were not happening the year before begin to show up.

I'd buy that...but also, they might be thinking they can sleepwalk their way back to the NFC title.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd buy that...but also, they might be thinking they can sleepwalk their way back to the NFC title.

Well they better quickly change that attitude. They have now lost 3 of their last 4 games. They have come back to the pack just a bit. Now given they lost to the Super Bowl Champs twice and another team that is undefeated. They are also teams with some of the best front-7's in football that can actually hold up against the run and pass of the Panthers. Not time to hit the panic button yet but they better get out of this daze they are in quickly if they want a chance to compete in the playoffs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well well, what a great week 2 we had. I was 2-0 in my locks taking the points with both the Titans and the Browns. The Browns game was a lock from start to finish while the Titans provided us with a little excitement in the path to their cover.

This week we are sticking with the same theme in picking 2 locks.

The AZ Cardinals showed us Carson Palmer still can kick some ass as long as the game isn't on a huge stage like the playoffs or a Sunday Night Home Opener Vs the Patriots. The Bills...well they are nothing but a huge sack of shit and 5.5 point underdogs. If I were you I would jump on this line ASAP because I fully expect it to be a 7-point line by gametime....what am I saying, the Cardinals will destroy the bills by at least 10.

The other pick is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yeah I get it they are travelling on the road to visit the worst fans in the game. Does it matter? No. Steelers fans will travel well taking away a lot of that crowd noise. They will also subdue the decibels when AB runs up and down the field on them. This will be the rookie QB's 1st real test against a big time defense. Yes, it looks to me like the Steelers defense is back. Stopping the Bengals offense is not a fluke so I see the 3.5 points an easy cover for the Steelers. Maybe another one you want to jump on as this is another spread that can jump multiple points by Sunday.

So, you feeling good about giving us your locks for week 4 ?????

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you feeling good about giving us your locks for week 4 ?????

Him and handicappers must have the same sources. Last weekend at Vegas
Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could be the SB loser hangover you've pointed out, but watching them twice so far...2 things stick out.

#1...Oher looks slow, and Remmers is just avg at best so Cam is facing a lot of pressure in passing situations. #2...Ealy is off to a slow start with zero sacks, and maybe they have hing on to Charles Johnson one yr too long...in spite of the great DTs, edge pressure has been lacking.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be the SB loser hangover you've pointed out, but watching them twice so far...2 things stick out.

#1...Oher looks slow, and Remmers is just avg at best so Cam is facing a lot of pressure in passing situations. #2...Ealy is off to a slow start with zero sacks, and maybe they have hing on to Charles Johnson one yr too long...in spite of the great DTs, edge pressure has been lacking.

#1--I agree. Although I do wonder if the Broncos gave a bit of a blueprint of how to get after Cam and attack those tackles. Not every team has the ability to do what the Broncos do but it does seem teams are playing the Panthers just a bit different this year than last year. Not quite the intimidation that there was last year. And I think it starts with just knowing how to attack that OL and really make Cam uncomfortable.

#2--Honestly saw that coming a bit on Ealy. He had a great Super Bowl. Maybe even a better game than Von Miller. He was going against a 3rd string LT most of that game and a broken down QB just trying to hold it together for one final game. He wasn't a great pass rusher the entire year last year. He had 5 sacks and all those came in a 5 week period during the season. So that means 11 games with very little impact. So if they were counting on him to have turned the corner with his performance in the Super Bowl they were very shortsided in their thinking. Have to remember a lot of DE's/LB's had career days against the Broncos that season. I can think of Carlos Dunlap and Khalil Mack both having the best days of their career so far against the Broncos and going against our OT's. So yeah the Panthers could be in a bit of trouble. They in my opinion have too much talent though to completely fall apart. They have lost so far to maybe the top-2 defenses in the NFL right now. Most weeks that is not what they will be facing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1--I agree. Although I do wonder if the Broncos gave a bit of a blueprint of how to get after Cam and attack those tackles. Not every team has the ability to do what the Broncos do but it does seem teams are playing the Panthers just a bit different this year than last year. Not quite the intimidation that there was last year. And I think it starts with just knowing how to attack that OL and really make Cam uncomfortable.

#2--Honestly saw that coming a bit on Ealy. He had a great Super Bowl. Maybe even a better game than Von Miller. He was going against a 3rd string LT most of that game and a broken down QB just trying to hold it together for one final game. He wasn't a great pass rusher the entire year last year. He had 5 sacks and all those came in a 5 week period during the season. So that means 11 games with very little impact. So if they were counting on him to have turned the corner with his performance in the Super Bowl they were very shortsided in their thinking. Have to remember a lot of DE's/LB's had career days against the Broncos that season. I can think of Carlos Dunlap and Khalil Mack both having the best days of their career so far against the Broncos and going against our OT's. So yeah the Panthers could be in a bit of trouble. They in my opinion have too much talent though to completely fall apart. They have lost so far to maybe the top-2 defenses in the NFL right now. Most weeks that is not what they will be facing.

OL...in terms of the big stage, no question DEN exposed the OTs, but in the DIV I think most teams already knew they were suspect and the OL in general pass blocking was not their strong suit, but made worse by the OC with a lot of longer developing 5/7 step routes they seem to like. ATL had the least amount of sacks (19) in the NFL LY...in week 16 LY they got 2 or 3 maybe in that game, Bucs got him twice too in a game LY....they've been working with a patchwork OL for 2+ seasons.

QB Pressure...I'm a little surprised to be honest. I thought Short might drop back to the 6-8 range but Ealy would bump up to be a 8-10 sack guy and he still might. Johnson I felt was at the end and they probably should have invested in a younger player...I do realize Ryan Delaire is on IR.

Outlook...I had them coming back to the pack from the outset, no slight intended from a 15-1 reg season, but still winning the DIV.

The ATL OL improved with Mack, but they still don't match up well with the DTs of CAR...if Ryan has time I like ATL to win this week.