• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3- Denver Broncos @ Miami Dolphins

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things with that comment.

1. We have safeties. They haven't played bad either, just some dumb penalties.
2. If we had number 3, #2 wouldn't be a big issue... You have to remember Mathis is playing opposite a top 3 CB in the NFL right now. He is going to get tested non stop and if you don't have what you are complaining about in #3 that makes his job nearly impossible. You better be another Surtain not to fail under these circumstances.
3. Our pass rush was bad in week 1 and we brought no pressure or extra blitzers because of the way our D cord wanted to play the Raiders. Our pass rush was better Week 2.

Moral of the story and I had to place the blame on one person but our D coordinator is failing these guys big time right now.

Go look at the film with how Evero used Jewell and Singleton last year and how much better our D was because of the way he used them. Now go look at film of the first two games of this year. You are taking Jewell and Singleton away from what they do best, which is read and react at the line of scrimmage. You are taking two tackle machines and not allowing them to do what they do best right now. The DL can't make those plays for you.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things with that comment.

1. We have safeties. They haven't played bad either, just some dumb penalties.
2. If we had number 3, #2 wouldn't be a big issue... You have to remember Mathis is playing opposite a top 3 CB in the NFL right now. He is going to get tested non stop and if you don't have what you are complaining about in #3 that makes his job nearly impossible. You better be another Surtain not to fail under these circumstances.
3. Our pass rush was bad in week 1 and we brought no pressure or extra blitzers because of the way our D cord wanted to play the Raiders. Our pass rush was better Week 2.

Moral of the story and I had to place the blame on one person but our D coordinator is failing these guys big time right now.

Go look at the film with how Evero used Jewell and Singleton last year and how much better our D was because of the way he used them. Now go look at film of the first two games of this year. You are taking Jewell and Singleton away from what they do best, which is read and react at the line of scrimmage. You are taking two tackle machines and not allowing them to do what they do best right now. The DL can't make those plays for you.
No, I mean we literally have no safeties. They’re all hurt. I agree that Vance has been abysmal in his game plans and system. If we have any semblance of a pass rush it would help Mathis tremendously

Last edited:

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson
Turner-Yell
Skinner

Hey, we have 3 at least. ;)

Surprised we aren't down to two this week after Jackson's back to back helmet shots.
If Simmons is out we are in big trouble.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just came here to start the thread. How bad do we lose? Early game vs a Very good Dolphins team. Yeahhhhhhhh, we aint winning this week.
I don't imagine the Broncos will win, but I just came in here to say thanks for taking Russell. I'll be eternally grateful to the Denver franchise for that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't imagine the Broncos will win, but I just came in here to say thanks for taking Russell. I'll be eternally grateful to the Denver franchise for that.

Just remember, the picks you got for Wilson don’t mean crap if you blow them.

Unless of course you’re being nice in which case….you’re welcome?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moss plays this week so that should help, if at least getting Mathis off the Dolphins #2 WR whoever that is(assuming Waddle doesn’t play)
A rookie 3rd round pick who has never played an NFL game is who we are counting on.................. rough.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rookie 3rd round pick who has never played an NFL game is who we are counting on.................. rough.

Yeah, I am all for Moss playing this week but in small doses. I mean he is from Iowa so he is probably pimp ready from the gate. ;)

J/k but yeah you can't just stick him on Waddle (if Waddle even plays) maybe get him some action but Mathis role isn't changing this week... We need a consistent pass rush or any CB opposite Surtain is going to fail just like any CB opposite Champ Bailey failed when we didn't have a pass rush. You can't just throw another CB in there an expect different results. It is a bigger issue then that, we need to change what we are doing.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Simmons is out.

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we not have any Safeties on the practice squad we can call up? Going into the game with 3 active Safeties for 2 positions seems like a dumb move. We had to play Bassey last week when Turner-Yell got hurt so you’d think we’d come in with more than last week given his injury concerns and Jackson’s stupidity.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we not have any Safeties on the practice squad we can call up? Going into the game with 3 active Safeties for 2 positions seems like a dumb move. We had to play Bassey last week when Turner-Yell got hurt so you’d think we’d come in with more than last week given his injury concerns and Jackson’s stupidity.

Moreau has played some safety in his career. I do find it odd that we didn't add a S to the PS at the start of the week when we knew about Simmons injury that we could elevate. Problem is with terminology we are probably better off using a guy like Bassey or Moreau at S if we need to in a pinch this week. Hope Simmons comes back this week. Locke still has to sit out at least one more week.

I do like to see Turner-Yell get his shot to start but it also makes me nervous a the same time. This is a big stage for a 2nd year guy who has only played a few downs at S in the regular season against perhaps the best passing offense in the NFL. Seems like an unfair task for him and people are going to roast him not caring about the variables/circumstances he is walking into.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Clark also ruled out. No pass rush and no help for PS2 over top.

That Dolphins -6.5 looking like a winner this week…

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Number one pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select…..