• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2: Post your Top 25

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't the discussion board, but I'm responding to this since it's here. But, can you explain your perception of Carolina? You say you come up with your rankings because of things you have obserrved yourself, but what have you observed to think they are remotely as good as Texas A&M and the other teams that you have? Thinking for yourself is fine, but what is it that affects your perception? Is there any reasoning?

I had them ranked high preseason. They have dropped since then. TAMU was not ranked in my preseason poll, and SCar was barely there at 25. So after the win, they practically swapped spots. Then TAMU took care of business, and their defense didnt give up 20 like they would have last year vs a scrub, so they look more improved than I thought. I still have my questions though about Carolina, especially the offense. The defense is average, but I expected the offense to be up there in the ACC. They haven't done too much, so thy have dropped the past 2 weeks. It's week to week, and I'm basing it of of my preseason polls and game observations. I try and watch as much as possible if I can so I can get a good read on teams. Baylor has been on a roll, as well as Oklahoma and Notre Dame. That's why they are my top 3. Ole Miss and Florida are both very good on defense this season, probably the two best in the SEC so far, and they have taken care of business. UCLA has dropped a lot in my poll 1. Because I forgot Memphis played football and 2. Virginia may be more talented and better than expected this year, but historically they have been less than mediocre. And UCLA SURVIVED both games. Like, last minute football games. UNC survives SDSU, but they have played some surprisingly good football in the past several years, really ever since Brady Hoke was there. So thats how I viewed them as a better team. I expected a little more from my Heels though. They have a chance with the schedule to win the Coastal, but they better step up these next few weeks.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outliers are fine.

What's the point of doing a poll of many voters if everyone is required to submit rankings that look near-identical?

Outliers are even good, in that the groupthink created by pressure to make your rankings look like others' rankings is precisely what causes many teams to be drastically and inaccurately overrated early in the season.

Outliers aren't the problem; groupthink is the problem.

Yeah. No.

He's got Ole Miss at #4, dude! That's Level "Batshit" cra-cra.

But his Baylor ranking is awesome.

outlaw okie

Racer X
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oregon
2. Oklahoma
3. FSU
4. Alabama
5. Auburn
6. aTm
7. UGA
8. LSU
9. Baylor
10. Notre Dame
11. USC
12. Michigan St
13. Mississippi
14. Stanford
15. Wisconsin
16. ASU
17. VT
18. Louisville
19. BYU
20. KSU
21. Nebraska
22. Oklahoma St
23. UCLA
24. Ohio St
25. Penn St

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can still do it if he does it right and next doesn't jump the gun.

donald-duck-heil-o.gif

heil mamba... :L