• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 Locks

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, my name is CowboyB and I am a degenerate gambler. I am looking to take another trip to Vegas this weekend after much success in week 1. Lets bounce some ideas off each other and help each other get rich!

The Titans got BLOWN out in week 1 by a Vikings team lead by Shaun Hill (blegh). The Detroit Lions not only hung in with a terrible Colts team but they beat them against the odds. Vegas has a 6 point spread in this matchup. IMO, the Lions are not that good and the Titans are not that bad. I am taking the points and going with the Titans.

What's that!? A divisional game with a 6.5 point spread? What's that? A home dawgs getting 6.5 points? The Browns are an awful football team. The Ravens ran through an awful football team in week 1. I love taking the points with home dawgs and love it even more knowing it's a divisional game. Taking the points with the Browns in the Ravens.

So what do you have as locks this week? Wanna rip mine apart?

Just understand homers will be laughed and pointed at.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya on the Titans, I smell a big bounce back from them, and I think a few bucks on the ML and outright win isn't out of the question

I don't hate the Browns pick, I for one think they just upgraded substantially at the QB position.....My only hesitation there is I don't know what the Ravens are.....They were more devastated by injuries in 2015 than any team in the league......So if this is your typical Harbaugh/Flacco Ravens team, they should trounce the Browns....BUT if this is just a team that took advantage of a bad Bills team, and weren't all that impressive doing it, than I could see the Browns in this game

MY LOCK IS THE NEW YORK JETS (Pick Em) Tonight

There are so many things I love about the Jets tonight

1 - I think the Bills will be that team that is in total disfunction all season, if Rex even survives it
2 - The Bills are limited to one weapon on offense with the Watkins injury, and that one weapon is facing what is BY FAR the best defensive front in the NFL, returning Sheldon Richardson
3 - I think the Jets are the desperate team here tonight.....They know this season can get away from them very quick with an 0-2 start......They are @KC, Seattle, @ Pitt and @ Arizona in their next 4 games....Tonight is as must win as Game 2 can be

This game is a gift to me

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with ya on the Titans, I smell a big bounce back from them, and I think a few bucks on the ML and outright win isn't out of the question

I don't hate the Browns pick, I for one think they just upgraded substantially at the QB position.....My only hesitation there is I don't know what the Ravens are.....They were more devastated by injuries in 2015 than any team in the league......So if this is your typical Harbaugh/Flacco Ravens team, they should trounce the Browns....BUT if this is just a team that took advantage of a bad Bills team, and weren't all that impressive doing it, than I could see the Browns in this game

1 - I think the Bills will be that team that is in total disfunction all season, if Rex even survives it
2 - The Bills are limited to one weapon on offense with the Watkins injury, and that one weapon is facing what is BY FAR the best defensive front in the NFL, returning Sheldon Richardson
3 - I think the Jets are the desperate team here tonight.....They know this season can get away from them very quick with an 0-2 start......They are @KC, Seattle, @ Pitt and @ Arizona in their next 4 games....Tonight is as must win as Game 2 can be

I like the Jet's too but I won't be able to make to Vegas to throw down on it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would add to the Bills team they have just been devastated by injuries already this season. Honestly feel bad for that fanbase that for a while this off season had a bit of hope that they were climbing out of the hole that franchise has been in for a while. So yeah I would take the Jets tonight.

And also agree the Ravens I just have no clue what they are. I don't view the Bills as a good team especially with all the injuries they have suffered on the defensive side of the ball. So to only put 13 points up against that team makes me hesitate to think they are back to being a consistent franchise in this league. At the same time we all figured the Browns would be a terrible team this year so maybe the Ravens get on a nice roll int his one. I would steer clear of that game just because we have no clue what those teams are yet.

The one game I might think about would be the Eagles/Bears game. I know Wentz is a rookie but I love the saying that "no one ever went broke taking the points against Jay Cutler." I just think the Eagles defense will keep the Bears offense from doing anything and the Eagles offense can do enough to win this game by 10.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add to the Bills team they have just been devastated by injuries already this season. Honestly feel bad for that fanbase that for a while this off season had a bit of hope that they were climbing out of the hole that franchise has been in for a while. So yeah I would take the Jets tonight.

And also agree the Ravens I just have no clue what they are. I don't view the Bills as a good team especially with all the injuries they have suffered on the defensive side of the ball. So to only put 13 points up against that team makes me hesitate to think they are back to being a consistent franchise in this league. At the same time we all figured the Browns would be a terrible team this year so maybe the Ravens get on a nice roll int his one. I would steer clear of that game just because we have no clue what those teams are yet.

The one game I might think about would be the Eagles/Bears game. I know Wentz is a rookie but I love the saying that "no one ever went broke taking the points against Jay Cutler." I just think the Eagles defense will keep the Bears offense from doing anything and the Eagles offense can do enough to win this game by 10.

I lost a huge bet breaking my rule of thumb to NEVER bet on Jay Cutler. I have no idea what I was thinking.

Great rule to see it on the other side.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet against the Browns all year they will not cover much

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, my name is CowboyB and I am a degenerate gambler. I am looking to take another trip to Vegas this weekend after much success in week 1. Lets bounce some ideas off each other and help each other get rich!

The Titans got BLOWN out in week 1 by a Vikings team lead by Shaun Hill (blegh). The Detroit Lions not only hung in with a terrible Colts team but they beat them against the odds. Vegas has a 6 point spread in this matchup. IMO, the Lions are not that good and the Titans are not that bad. I am taking the points and going with the Titans.

What's that!? A divisional game with a 6.5 point spread? What's that? A home dawgs getting 6.5 points? The Browns are an awful football team. The Ravens ran through an awful football team in week 1. I love taking the points with home dawgs and love it even more knowing it's a divisional game. Taking the points with the Browns in the Ravens.

So what do you have as locks this week? Wanna rip mine apart?

Just understand homers will be laughed and pointed at.

I like your TN pick. MIN got 3 turnovers in that game and one was a direct score...the Titans DEF is noted to be much better than LY...they held AP to 19/31yds so I think they will take that effort on the road and stay within 6.

CLE +6.5 sounds enticing as well...just depends on how much heat they try to put on McCown...the Brown DEF is young, and should be pretty fast, but imo not very good yet...that's a hard one for me, I can see the Ravens winning by 7 to 10.

Not sure if I would put a lot on it, but the game that seems interesting to me is TB -6.5...they have a pretty good DEF and good OFC weapons...I realize AZ is probably not going 0-2, but I can side that being a 4 game.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your TN pick. MIN got 3 turnovers in that game and one was a direct score...the Titans DEF is noted to be much better than LY...they held AP to 19/31yds so I think they will take that effort on the road and stay within 6.

CLE +6.5 sounds enticing as well...just depends on how much heat they try to put on McCown...the Brown DEF is young, and should be pretty fast, but imo not very good yet...that's a hard one for me, I can see the Ravens winning by 7 to 10.

Not sure if I would put a lot on it, but the game that seems interesting to me is TB -6.5...they have a pretty good DEF and good OFC weapons...I realize AZ is probably not going 0-2, but I can side that being a 4 game.
Thanks for your input! Maybe I won't throwdown so much on CLE but I think it will be a close one.

I like TB too. With all of their weapons on Offense they should be able to spread the Cards weakness out and get some production in the passing game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your input! Maybe I won't throwdown so much on CLE but I think it will be a close one.

I like TB too. With all of their weapons on Offense they should be able to spread the Cards weakness out and get some production in the passing game.

I watched the TB @ ATL game and the NE @ AZ game...ATL didn't have much pass rush and neither did AZ.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive mentioned here a few times I Think Jameis gets the biggest win of his career this weekend, and puts the NFL on notice that Tampa is a team on the come

And at the same time, major overreaaction to Arizona starting 2-0

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets, Raiders, Bears, Dolphins.

Jets probably the only one with real money

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive mentioned here a few times I Think Jameis gets the biggest win of his career this weekend, and puts the NFL on notice that Tampa is a team on the come

And at the same time, major overreaaction to Arizona starting 2-0

Right now I like Tampa more than OAK or JAX to be that rise up team, they have 3 pro bowl caliber players on DEF, and Winston/Martin/Evans is one of the better young trios...coupled with Serferain-Jenkins and the vet Vjax...it's early, but those guys are close.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I like Tampa more than OAK or JAX to be that rise up team, they have 3 pro bowl caliber players on DEF, and Winston/Martin/Evans is one of the better young trios...coupled with Serferain-Jenkins and the vet Vjax...it's early, but those guys are close.

Not much to add, I agree....Im not as big a believer in Carr and Bortles as I am in Jameis

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who a Team plays in the next few weeks means nothing. If it did the Falcons would be 2-0 after 2 week. Atlntas next few games

At Oakland
At New Orleans
Carolina
At Denver
At Seattle
San Diego
Green Bay
At Tampa Bay
At Philadelphia
Arizona
Kansas City

This team can be 1-11.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the Bills +0.5 at home on thursday night vs the Jets. I like taking home dogs on a short week.

Give me the Jags +3.5 at San Diego. Jacksonville's defense isn't bad and should put tons of pressure on Rivers, and their offense is legit. They're the better team straight up IMO.

Give me the 49ers +13.5 at Carolina. I think Carolina is the better team AND they're at home, but a 2 TD line in the NFL is too big to pass up.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the Bills +0.5 at home on thursday night vs the Jets. I like taking home dogs on a short week.

Give me the Jags +3.5 at San Diego. Jacksonville's defense isn't bad and should put tons of pressure on Rivers, and their offense is legit. They're the better team straight up IMO.

Give me the 49ers +13.5 at Carolina. I think Carolina is the better team AND they're at home, but a 2 TD line in the NFL is too big to pass up.

I feel you at taking home dogs on a Thursday but the trip to buffalo can be made in the same time it takes me to take a shit so I think it will have a limited effect.

I like the Jags too. Good pick.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you at taking home dogs on a Thursday but the trip to buffalo can be made in the same time it takes me to take a shit so I think it will have a limited effect.

I like the Jags too. Good pick.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking travel much in that. To me, Thursday games are all about momentum and adrenaline since the short week inhibits much game planning, which should favor the home team. Of course, that all could go out the window if the Jets rip off a few scores early and the crowd quiets down.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who a Team plays in the next few weeks means nothing. If it did the Falcons would be 2-0 after 2 week. Atlntas next few games

At Oakland
At New Orleans
Carolina
At Denver
At Seattle
San Diego
Green Bay
At Tampa Bay
At Philadelphia
Arizona
Kansas City

This team can be 1-11.

Well, I should add I think the Falcons suck and the Jets are a playoff caliber team