• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14 @ Carolina

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two streaks going in opposite directions.

Quinn has put on a good face in the pressers, at least in the media he remains upbeat and feels the team is still up beat and they won't be conceding anything to the Panthers this week.

Carolina is not going 16-0 imo so why not this week?

I don't expect it, but I know Ryan wants to play well against them...I think his last visit to CAR he was sacked like 9 times LY...if you needed more motivation to watch it, I might throw a few bucks on ATL to cover, this could be a close game I think. I'm not seeing them beating the Panthers with the OFC they have displayed the last month or so.

CAR 28-ATL 26

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a dangerous game for Carolina, IMO. I was close to teasing them to -2, but even that. I'm not comfortable with. Atlanta has looked dead in the water for the better part of a month now, but a strong showing would not surprise me in the least.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two streaks going in opposite directions.

Quinn has put on a good face in the pressers, at least in the media he remains upbeat and feels the team is still up beat and they won't be conceding anything to the Panthers this week.

Carolina is not going 16-0 imo so why not this week?

I don't expect it, but I know Ryan wants to play well against them...I think his last visit to CAR he was sacked like 9 times LY...if you needed more motivation to watch it, I might throw a few bucks on ATL to cover, this could be a close game I think. I'm not seeing them beating the Panthers with the OFC they have displayed the last month or so.

CAR 28-ATL 26

Hope you kept those bucks in your pocket

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super bowl team? Don't make me laugh.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even remember what winning feels like anymore.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even remember what winning feels like anymore.

Really tough to watch lately...it's rare to get shutout in the NFL, but if there is a silver lining...Quinn could not overcome a weak roster in one season...this poor season is going give Blank the opportunity to finish what he started last yr...fire Dimitroff.

This was cut n pasted from espn...

"CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora suggests Seattle Seahawks executive Trent Kirchner could be a candidate to be the Falcons' new GM, if the job becomes available. Blank's decision to give Quinn final say over roster decisions upon hiring him did not reflect well on Dimitroff and assistant GM Scott Pioli, and the team's spending spree in 2014 free agency (Tyson Jackson, Paul Soliai and Jon Asamoah) remains a disaster."

These were not his worst FA signings...Soliai actually has played fairly well his presence has made the run DEF one of the better ones in the league...bad scheme fits for the other two.

Closer to the field...at this point I think Quinn has to be re-thinking the OC situation, the OFC was not supposed to be this bad.

On the field/Draft...Schraeder got benched for Long last week, supposedly not permanent...I think it goes without saying the Falcons need another edge rusher...but I think OL still needs better players...LG...Levitre is a stop gap player...Chester/Person you can't say much more about them than stop gap either. The only OL guys that you can say are locks for '16...LT, Matthews, and maybe RT, Schraeder.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough to watch lately...it's rare to get shutout in the NFL, but if there is a silver lining...Quinn could not overcome a weak roster in one season...this poor season is going give Blank the opportunity to finish what he started last yr...fire Dimitroff.

This was cut n pasted from espn...

"CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora suggests Seattle Seahawks executive Trent Kirchner could be a candidate to be the Falcons' new GM, if the job becomes available. Blank's decision to give Quinn final say over roster decisions upon hiring him did not reflect well on Dimitroff and assistant GM Scott Pioli, and the team's spending spree in 2014 free agency (Tyson Jackson, Paul Soliai and Jon Asamoah) remains a disaster."

These were not his worst FA signings...Soliai actually has played fairly well his presence has made the run DEF one of the better ones in the league...bad scheme fits for the other two.

Closer to the field...at this point I think Quinn has to be re-thinking the OC situation, the OFC was not supposed to be this bad.

On the field/Draft...Schraeder got benched for Long last week, supposedly not permanent...I think it goes without saying the Falcons need another edge rusher...but I think OL still needs better players...LG...Levitre is a stop gap player...Chester/Person you can't say much more about them than stop gap either. The only OL guys that you can say are locks for '16...LT, Matthews, and maybe RT, Schraeder.
I don't think Shanny and Dimitroff will be around much longer. Even Pioli's job shouldn't be very safe. Can Roddy make the roster for next year? Considering his output this season I'm skeptical about that and the cap hit isn't very big. We're still missing an edge rusher, a 2nd WR option, and IIRC our TEs are rentals on top of what you mentioned. This team still lacks startable players at certain positions and depth.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Shanny and Dimitroff will be around much longer. Even Pioli's job shouldn't be very safe. Can Roddy make the roster for next year? Considering his output this season I'm skeptical about that and the cap hit isn't very big. We're still missing an edge rusher, a 2nd WR option, and IIRC our TEs are rentals on top of what you mentioned. This team still lacks startable players at certain positions and depth.

It's clear that Blank wants to keep the GM position separate from the HC, but if Dimitroff goes, Pioli is goes too I think. Quinn has final say on the roster which lends itself to the guy in SEA because they have worked together I guess.

Shanny...I hate to go down that route, but a sudden downshift in OFC production has followed him before.

Roddy...'16 & '17 cap hit is over $6 mil ea season...I don't think he's a $6 mil cap hit player anymore...I think they will release White and go younger. WR2...I think they will draft a guy, but I keep hearing how much they like Hardy...he shows a little, but is not getting targeting enough for me to know what they see.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear that Blank wants to keep the GM position separate from the HC, but if Dimitroff goes, Pioli is goes too I think. Quinn has final say on the roster which lends itself to the guy in SEA because they have worked together I guess.

Shanny...I hate to go down that route, but a sudden downshift in OFC production has followed him before.

Roddy...'16 & '17 cap hit is over $6 mil ea season...I don't think he's a $6 mil cap hit player anymore...I think they will release White and go younger. WR2...I think they will draft a guy, but I keep hearing how much they like Hardy...he shows a little, but is not getting targeting enough for me to know what they see.
If I remember right Hardy was a walk on in college. His biggest strength are his hands but I would guess he's pretty raw as far as route running and knowing the offense goes.

If my math is correct Roddy's hit would be just a hair under $6 million if we cut him during the offseason but that is mostly because of the signing bonus.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roddy...yep...according to these websites, his deal has $3.775 mil remaining in signing bonus...the other $3 mil are roster bonuses so his dead '16 money cap hit would be slightly under $4 mil actually and Idk how the June 1 effects that but it's team friendly.

Hardy...just listening to Archer...the radio play by play guy...they love his hands, good speed...Idk whether they like him in the slot or outside as a #2, but it's clear they need an upgrade at WR. It'll be interesting to see if the Falcons bring in more west coast guys from the draft.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is up to your team to put an end to Carolina's undefeated season. Someone's gotta stop them. It should have been us, but our offense can't do squat in the first half. The giants can't run the ball and couldn't do it.

B

bravesfan1

It is up to your team to put an end to Carolina's undefeated season. Someone's gotta stop them. It should have been us, but our offense can't do squat in the first half. The giants can't run the ball and couldn't do it.

mission accomplished :thumb:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness.