• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13 @ Tampa

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through his entire career, I've always supported Matt Ryan. I'm not going to stop now, but for the 1st time ever really, he hasn't played this badly for such a long stretch...he continues to hold his head up though and answers the questions...the people around Matt that have spoken out all say he's the same guy and they expect him to pull thru this bad stretch of play...we shall see.

The great start to the season still has the Falcons in the playoff hunt in spite of losing 4 straight. If the boys expect to play football in JAN...they must win this week...mentally I don't think they can overcome losing 5 in a row and still make it.

Rematch with the Bucs. Only a game back of ATL, they have shown some spunk.

ATL OFC...don't turn it over...they should get to 21 to 24 pts.

ATL DEF...run DEF has been the most consistent thing about the team aside from Julio...keep Martin in check I and like their chances of a W.

Outlook...I don't have any confidence in Ryan right now, but the Falcons are better than Tampa...I expect a fairly close game with ATL on top 24-20.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, wonder how we'll fuck this game up.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is such an embarrassment.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a season swing...we had a nice day yesterday so I played golf and taped the game...I was keeping up with the score so I knew the result...skimmed it in the about 30 mins and deleted it.

Matt threw the pick to be the goat again if you will but it's more than Matt Ryan. The OL has settled in to what everyone thought it would be in camp. A below average line. Shanny is just okay as a playcaller imo...there's too much talent on the OFC to score 20 and 19 against the Bucs (no Gerald McCoy in this game and ATL rushes 16 times and throw 45).

Mathematically...blah, blah...it's a wrap for the playoffs...MIN has to collapse and SEA is on a tear....this might be an 8-8 football team. Should that be the case, it will be curious to see if Dimitroff is kept for the 2nd yr of Quinn's tenure....there's a lot of fans still thinking he should have been on the same bus with Mike Smith.

Apparently Rex is not here because he wanted more player control.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD is on thin ice. I doubt he lasts much longer.

It's almost time to get the bags out. The only thing we can look forward to is the draft at this point.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD is on thin ice. I doubt he lasts much longer.

It's almost time to get the bags out. The only thing we can look forward to is the draft at this point.

I thought about writing up this post about what went wrong and decided against it.

I think it's pretty clear...2 times is a trend, 3 times is a pattern.

What I mean by that is Shanahan in WAS, started strong with RG3, had nothing when teams adjusted...CLE had them 6-3 LY, when teams adjusted he had no answer and they tanked...ATL...started 5-0 and WR and RB were near the top of the league in production...1-6 since.

This is a pattern imo....not saying they need to fire the guy, but he needs some help getting over the hump...the biggest problem I see is he's lost some patience in the running game.

Draft...yep, starting to look like a .500 team and 15 to 17 type draft slot.

Clayborn has really dropped off lately in the pressure dept. Beasley is going to take a little while to be a legit pass rusher in this league...right now he's LB size playing DE...in hindsight, and watching him play in PIT, Dupree was the better fit in ATL I think based on the scheme.

Walter Football likes Shaq Lawson for the Falcons...DE CLEM...another CLEM product, but he does project more as a 4-3 DE at this level...but athletic enough to play in space.

Sporttek likes Myles Jack...LB, UCLA...I know little to nothing about this kid, but I've seen his name in the 1st rd of several mocks...on paper he seems like smaller version of Beasley...not sure about that one.