• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12 Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I should be pissed or not but just realize FOX & CBS totally changed the games I was scheduled to see.

When I last checked earlier in the week, I was scheduled to see Arizona/Seatle & Washington/San Fran.

I just checked a few minutes ago and now they're giving me the Lions/Pats, Titans/Eagles (to replace Jets/Bills), & Dolphins/Broncos.

I'm kinda disappointed as I really wanted to see Arizona and Seattle.

Bummer

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too disappointed in the games that I am going to get. I start out with Houston/Cincinnati...Both teams could go either way come playoff time. Also interested to see Mallet play.
Then I have on Fox the Detroit/NE games. Both teams once again fighting for top spots in their divisions so very excited to see what happens between these two.
Then of course getting the Broncos/Miami game is very nice with being a Bronco fan. Should be a good one as well.

Yes wouldn't mind seeing the Arizona/Seattle game as I think another loss by Seattle and their playoff chances are very minimal. Arizona loses and that division could be fun down the stretch with so many divisional games left for the two teams.

All in all looking like a good week of games. Always fun this time of year with so many teams still on the edge of the playoffs. This is where teams either make a name for themselves or fade into nothing.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for NO tomorrow. Saints losing three in a row at home is hard to imagine. Ravens are formidable, however,

Broncos also face a challenge. I think our guys are up to the task, but Miami is a quality team. So glad that I can watch the game at home. Only hope I feel the same at the end of the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game for NO tomorrow. Saints losing three in a row at home is hard to imagine. Ravens are formidable, however,

Broncos also face a challenge. I think our guys are up to the task, but Miami is a quality team. So glad that I can watch the game at home. Only hope I feel the same at the end of the game.

Anything has to be better than what we saw from the Broncos last week...at least on offense. That was the worst I had seen our offense since the Tebow days. I will give them the benefit of the doubt as they did suffer a ridiculous number of injuries with only 1 TE healthy, 2 RB's still available at the end of the game, and only 2 WR's still available at the end of the game. If we wanted to go to a 5-Wide set we were getting close to needing an OL player to have to go out and catch a pass. So again giving them a bit of a pass but this Miami defense is no joke. They have a tough task for sure.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything has to be better than what we saw from the Broncos last week...at least on offense. That was the worst I had seen our offense since the Tebow days. I will give them the benefit of the doubt as they did suffer a ridiculous number of injuries with only 1 TE healthy, 2 RB's still available at the end of the game, and only 2 WR's still available at the end of the game. If we wanted to go to a 5-Wide set we were getting close to needing an OL player to have to go out and catch a pass. So again giving them a bit of a pass but this Miami defense is no joke. They have a tough task for sure.

I am worried, cd, but I am also hopeful that our performance last week -- along with Stink having called out the o-line and the implications of both on the coaching staff and how the plays are called -- serves as a wakeup call. Could be wrong, but I am guardedly optimistic that our guys take care of business.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried, cd, but I am also hopeful that our performance last week -- along with Stink having called out the o-line and the implications of both on the coaching staff and how the plays are called -- serves as a wakeup call. Could be wrong, but I am guardedly optimistic that our guys take care of business.

I was listening to some coaches talk about the Broncos this week in some radio interviews and they said that the Broncos are having their problems at just the right time of the year. Everything that they have been doing wrong is correctable so they still have a month and a half before the playoffs to get it all figured out. So yes it isn't pretty right now but sometimes these bad losses can be the best wake up calls for a team. We really get to find out what kind of team we have now and especially how good or bad of a coaching staff we have of can they actually fix the problems? To me they have 3 major issues that need to get figured out...

1) OL protection--With us changing so many people up position wise they have to figure out a unit they want to push forward and stick with them then provide help where their is weakness. To me our biggest issue has been pressure in the A Gap. We need to keep a back in or put Virgil Green in the backfield and let him help out as our communication among the Line has not been the best meaning there have been some guys running free straight at Manning. Keep one extra guy back and just sacrifice that person running a route to give max protection.

2) Have to commit to the run game even when it is not working. We can't throw the ball 26 straight plays on offense and expect to have success. Especially when we are on the road.

3) Defensively we need to design the defense around the players that we have. Del Rio for some reason has gotten away from what was working earlier in the year against teams like the 49ers where we played very aggressive and let our Corners play press-man coverage. He has stuck us in the Seattle Cover-3 defense and we just don't have the Safeties to play that defense. It takes Talib out of his best abilities in man coverage and has left us very vulnerable over the top.

All of that is fixable by just a few small adjustments. With the OL just give more help and consistency and they should be good to go come playoff time. With the defense play aggressive. We have one of the best units in the NFL in my opinion so trust them to do what they do.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to Detroit vs New England....good D vs good O...should be a dandy

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Philly came to play today--at least on special teams. They ran back the opening kick for a TD and have the ball back at the 50 after a Sproles return.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not get to see any of the games that I looked forward to seeing. NE/Lions, AZ/Hawks. But I do get to see the Pack whip the Vikes and the Miami/Broncos game should be a good one

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitner was gifted a pick six, instead ATL goes up 7

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Vikes are already putting up a better fight this time around at least!!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Titans do have some life in them.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice hands Corey Fuller

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Detroits secondary doing ?? Have they just been so reliant on there front 4 getting pressure ??

They are getting shredded.

They had 3-4 guys standing right in the area of the TD catch but not one watching the receiver...I don't understand why teams completely lose their minds in NE. it's like they forget how to play football...

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 15 straight Detroit possessions without a TD