• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11: Virginia Tech @ Miami, Saturday 11/9 7pm on ESPN

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I have to comment on is that during the first quarter, for some reason the stadium was playing music even after the play started, and the fans were quite loud. It appeared to be affecting the VT Offense ability to hear the count. I know that was commented on before, but it seems that a penalty should have been called.

On the plus side, once the music stopped and the Hokies scored a couple of times, the Miami fans were out of it. I could hear the "Let's Go... ...Hokies" chant in the fourth quarter. It appeared that all of the Miami fans had left the stadium, and the Hokies had taken over.

I really enjoyed the contrast.

Agree - loved hearing the chant. We had a couple of breaks and our OL / RBs seemed on the same page. Also loved seeing us form up in the power sets.

It was just a great weekend of cfb. Loved seeing the mountainqueers lose to Texas at home. I wonder how the trip out of the stadium fared for the Texas players / coaches? Might have been interesting.

Also any word on Exum? Hope all is well with him.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exum's xrays were negative so its not broken. All I know on that.

I think Wang had a very false snaps that caused guys to move. If all 3 WRs jump and their job is to watch the ball then I think that is obvious. A couple others all the linemen moved but Wang.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hokies can win out, starting this weekend against slumping Maryland and after Thanksgiving against woeful Virginia, the only way they won’t make it to the ACC championship game is if Clemson beats Georgia Tech on Thursday and Duke wins out against Miami, Wake Forest and North Carolina.

That would put the Hokies and Blue Devils in a tie at 6-2 atop the division, with Duke advancing because of a 13-10 win last month that gives it the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Most of the other scenarios are favorable for Virginia Tech, with its wins against Georgia Tech and Miami as trump cards. If Tech and Duke win out and Georgia Tech upsets Clemson on Thursday, the Hokies would win the three-way tie at 6-2 based on a better divisional record (5-1 vs. 4-2 for the other two teams).

If Virginia Tech, Miami and Georgia Tech are tied in the standings, either at 6-2 or 5-3, the Hokies would win the division based on their 2-0 record against the other two.

The only tiebreakers at 5-3 that would prove problematic are the ones involving Duke, because of the Hokies’ head-to-head loss, although there’s plenty of football to be played before outlining each specific scenario.
- See more at: http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybittervirginiatechfootball/#sthash.qDllntje.dpuf

I guess we're Yellow Jacket and/or Hurricane fans this week, in addition to the Hokies, naturally

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exum's xrays were negative so its not broken. All I know on that.

I think Wang had a very false snaps that caused guys to move. If all 3 WRs jump and their job is to watch the ball then I think that is obvious. A couple others all the linemen moved but Wang.

It's so embarrassing when Wang goes early. No amount of comforting helps.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so embarrassing when Wang goes early. No amount of comforting helps.

I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really starting to like the OL now that Grimes is involved...a couple of nuggets from Bitter's latest article:

Wang had 16 knockdowns against Miami, earning ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors. - See more at: http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybittervirginiatechfootball/#sthash.ZsZGX9w9.dpuf

Right guard Andrew Miller was asked if he would have to manage emotions on Senior Day, which he said will be “bittersweet” day.

“Managing emotions? I’m not a very emotional guy,” he said. “I’ll leave that up to my sister.”

Bad-ass!
- See more at: http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybittervirginiatechfootball/#sthash.ZsZGX9w9.dpuf

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an awesome quote from Miller. Wish we had video of that.

DnKSDad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an awesome quote from Miller. Wish we had video of that.

If you go to VTScoop247's youtube feed you can find it.

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-J8EhnvSMA]Post-Practice 11/12: Andrew Miller - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

DnKSDad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like I bungled the youtube embed.

The link is [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-J8EhnvSMA]Post-Practice 11/12: Andrew Miller - YouTube[/ame]

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, DnKSDad. That is worth watching, guys... 1:42-2:21

"Are you saying emotions are for girls?"
<pause>
"Take it how you want, man"