• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 11: Virginia Tech @ Boston College (Nov. 17, 2012)

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scales has not been getting carries WHY? Dumbasses

There were some good tough runs in there by him today

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, will definitely take that one. Fitting that Tweedy closed it out. He needs to get the start next week on Senior Day. He has played very well the last couple weeks. Been a bright spot for a pathetic pass rush most games this season.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god Tweedy played. Monster game. Defense was pretty hit or miss today. Totally gashed on some drives, but came through in OT. 7 sacks helps too. Taylor went into complete beast mode at points in this game. Would love to see more of that next week. Pass rush and good coverage throughout most of the game gave Rettig his worst game of the season. Run defense was horrid, though. BC got over double their rushing average for the season.

Offensively... bleh. Blocking was the usual. Logan continued to regress. He could have had 3-4 picks in this game. Luckily, Davis, Dunn, and Fuller made some big catches to bail him out, and BC's defense didn't make catches. Few plays where running backs bailed out bad blocking/playcalling (Scales). But... they came through with the W. Gotta celebrate any win we can at this point after a month like we just had. Let's ride this win and smash UVA next week.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, overall we certainly didn't deserve to win today with some poor play and some downright retarded coaching moves but rules state someone has to win in college and BC decided they didn't want it.

Defense played ok today. Taylor played the best he's had all year. He looked like pre-injury BT. We got a lot of sacks and I know we limited yards, but I also feel we were a bit fortunate because BC sucks. There were still quite a few mistakes they just didn't capitalize on (and some they did). The positive is the defense has improved from their horrible start (no excuse for Foster, they sucked). While still not at a level we're use to, they're heading in the right direction. Hopefully that pays off for next year.

Offense sucks. What's left to say? Martin Scales bailed our asses out with a couple of big runs today. No offense to him, but that shouldn't happen. Props to him for delivering in a case where he shouldn't have that pressure. LT was AWFUL today. I lost count of how many open check downs he missed today that would have gained significant yards. All he did was lock on to target #1 and force it. Hell, even on the Dunn TD (which was a terrible throw but a helluva play by Dunn), JC was open in the middle for the 1st down and possibly a TD but LT just kept focusing on the endzone. It's extremely troubling how much he's regressed.

The coaching was ridiculous today. Head scratching play calls and some dumbass management by Beamer. I almost punched a hole in the wall on our drive to tie the game 23-23. As soon as we cross midfield, we start playing for the FG. WTF! Go for the damn TD. Cody Journell is average at best, he's not a guarantee. What a pussy move. And Beamer's use of TOs today was beyond words. If that's the best he can do, take that privileged away from him like he's an old man that's too old to drive.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scales and Tweedy both played with a lot of heart today. Marshall and Bruce stood out as well. Major props to them. I think everyone knew this would be a tough game, but seeing us struggle with BC really made this season sink in for me. I'll be at the UVA game, screaming my lungs off, but I'm deeply troubled about the future of VT football.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scales and Tweedy both played with a lot of heart today. Marshall and Bruce stood out as well. Major props to them. I think everyone knew this would be a tough game, but seeing us struggle with BC really made this season sink in for me. I'll be at the UVA game, screaming my lungs off, but I'm deeply troubled about the future of VT football.

I'm really not. Its one bad year. Texas had an awful season a few years ago and the amount of talent they get is nuts. Florida had a bad season last year and they are a top 10 team this year. USC was supposed to be #1 and they wont be ranked next week most likely. Shit happens but i think we will bounce back. We have a good class coming in with some guys that could play right away and a potential huge class in 2014.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, overall we certainly didn't deserve to win today with some poor play and some downright retarded coaching moves but rules state someone has to win in college and BC decided they didn't want it.

Defense played ok today. Taylor played the best he's had all year. He looked like pre-injury BT. We got a lot of sacks and I know we limited yards, but I also feel we were a bit fortunate because BC sucks. There were still quite a few mistakes they just didn't capitalize on (and some they did). The positive is the defense has improved from their horrible start (no excuse for Foster, they sucked). While still not at a level we're use to, they're heading in the right direction. Hopefully that pays off for next year.

Offense sucks. What's left to say? Martin Scales bailed our asses out with a couple of big runs today. No offense to him, but that shouldn't happen. Props to him for delivering in a case where he shouldn't have that pressure. LT was AWFUL today. I lost count of how many open check downs he missed today that would have gained significant yards. All he did was lock on to target #1 and force it. Hell, even on the Dunn TD (which was a terrible throw but a helluva play by Dunn), JC was open in the middle for the 1st down and possibly a TD but LT just kept focusing on the endzone. It's extremely troubling how much he's regressed.

The coaching was ridiculous today. Head scratching play calls and some dumbass management by Beamer. I almost punched a hole in the wall on our drive to tie the game 23-23. As soon as we cross midfield, we start playing for the FG. WTF! Go for the damn TD. Cody Journell is average at best, he's not a guarantee. What a pussy move. And Beamer's use of TOs today was beyond words. If that's the best he can do, take that privileged away from him like he's an old man that's too old to drive.

I could understand if LT was a bit overwhelmed after going from a nearly perfect situation last year with the pass protection, running game, and reliable WRs, and if he struggled early on before making some progress. He's made ZERO progress. He's looked so bad this year that if he has a shot in the first 3 rounds I think he should go before some of the hype wears off. Another season close to this one would be a disaster for both him and the team. It's possible he could do a 180 and get back to the old LT but after this season as long as we have Leal I don't care if he comes back. Preseason I couldn't imagine myself saying that.

Beamer is not aging well. In 2-3 games he's shown poor time management skills and I remember a penalty on the opposing team on a bad punt where he declined the penalty instead of giving it another shot. Shutting down the offense the last 2 games and settling for the FG shows an incredible lack of feel for the game and after watching VT football for so long I'm sure he's involved with the offense in those situations. Most important of all he's failed to recognize problems on his offense with his coaching hires for years. 6 years for Newsome, Stinespring 10, and the secret's out with O'Cain after LT's season from hell

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not. Its one bad year. Texas had an awful season a few years ago and the amount of talent they get is nuts. Florida had a bad season last year and they are a top 10 team this year. USC was supposed to be #1 and they wont be ranked next week most likely. Shit happens but i think we will bounce back. We have a good class coming in with some guys that could play right away and a potential huge class in 2014.

If changes aren't made, we will continue to decline. We will have a better record next year because our home games will be against the better teams, but who knows if we will be a better team. The best word to describe our staff is complacent. It's not that they don't give a shit, just that they just don't have the intrinsic motivation (extrinsic is obviously non existent).

The defense has rebounded from where they were earlier in the season. That's because there is still desire and hope on that side of the ball. They are clearly not as talented as our units in the past, but they have improved over the course of the season and have put in some inspired performances. The offense has made NO progress since day 1. Logan, Marcus Davis, Dyrell; none of these guys even seem to get legitimately excited anymore. Logan gets pumped when he trucks someone, but shit, he wouldn't even have to truck anyone if he could throw the ball. As a fan, it is extremely disheartening when your team doesn't seem to give a shit. I don't think I was excited at one point today.

If this staff really gave a fuck about this team and our future, they would bench Logan the minute he starts playing like shit next week. If he can't bounce back from this atrocious performance, he just doesn't have it in him to be a QB. Plain and simple. I hate that it's come down to this, but when you are very inaccurate and you make terrible decisions, why should you play QB? We have absolutely nothing to lose by playing Leal. "Oh no what if we upset Logan?" We'd be way better off. And if you can't see that, yikes...

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think since we won against BC, we will beat uva. If we had lost today, next weekend would have had me really worried. But these guys want to go bowling. And we are at home

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday marked the first game since Austin Peay that we didnt throw an INT!...woo woo!