• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 11 - SNF- Minnesota Vikings @ Denver Broncos

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a good game Sunday night. I'm definitely leaning toward the Broncos winning with home field and some new found momentum coming into the game. Gotta make Dobbs play like the old Dobbs. I think we might be surprised and see some Broncos tight end plays/receptions and some big catches from Marvin Mims. Keep pounding the rock with Javonte Williams. Less time to prepare than the Vikings but our players will be sleeping in their own beds.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to Victory (I want them all!):
  • Establish the run
  • Stop the run
  • Open up the playbook on offense. More slants and downfield throws. Let our receivers get some YAC going.
  • Stop holding the ball so long, Russell
  • Have some designed tight end plays. Down the seam?
  • Quit with the stupid, game-changing penalties
  • Kicking game back on track
  • Keep the take-away machine going on D
  • Have a spy on Dobbs
In other words, let's have a perfect game!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to Victory (I want them all!):
  • Establish the run
  • Stop the run
  • Open up the playbook on offense. More slants and downfield throws. Let our receivers get some YAC going.
  • Stop holding the ball so long, Russell
  • Have some designed tight end plays. Down the seam?
  • Quit with the stupid, game-changing penalties
  • Kicking game back on track
  • Keep the take-away machine going on D
  • Have a spy on Dobbs
In other words, let's have a perfect game!

Did you come up with your name because you joined the Mile High Club soon before registering here? ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you come up with your name because you joined the Mile High Club soon before registering here? ;)
.. and I bet the "64" has nothing to do with birth date or anything like that .. It is the amount of participants that were onboard the plane at the time, stewardesses included

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting back to sacks and balls and scoring, I think the crux of this game is keeping Dobbs from moving around and scrambling, and forcing him to throw from the pocket ..

We did a great job on Mahomes and forced Josh Allen into enough mistakes that he became undone ... Approaching Dobbs the same way will go a long way

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of the attention given to the Vikings has been directed - very justifiably so - towards the success Josh Dobbs has had as QB ..

But it's the Vikings' defense that has really pushed this team to contending for the playoffs

Brian Flores has transformed last season's 31st ranked overall defense and has them at 13th overall right now ..

In the loss vs the Eagles, the Vikings D was primarily rushing three defenders, and since then, the Flores has ramped up the blitz packages - and keeps the opposing offenses guess by alternating man and zone ..

I think this is where Russ' smarts and experience will help ..

Flores had mentioned the Broncos in his lawsuit - I've heard nothing about that lawsuit in a while so that probably won;t have any bearing .. It's not quite Nathaniel Hackett coming to town, but something on note

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of the attention given to the Vikings has been directed - very justifiably so - towards the success Josh Dobbs has had as QB ..

But it's the Vikings' defense that has really pushed this team to contending for the playoffs

Brian Flores has transformed last season's 31st ranked overall defense and has them at 13th overall right now ..

In the loss vs the Eagles, the Vikings D was primarily rushing three defenders, and since then, the Flores has ramped up the blitz packages - and keeps the opposing offenses guess by alternating man and zone ..

I think this is where Russ' smarts and experience will help ..

Flores had mentioned the Broncos in his lawsuit - I've heard nothing about that lawsuit in a while so that probably won;t have any bearing .. It's not quite Nathaniel Hackett coming to town, but something on note
I heard the other day - the Vikes lead the NFL in snaps with a 6-man rush - and in snaps with a 3-man rush. A successful run game is the best way to punish that kind of D play. I expect Perine to get more carries and targets on Sunday night.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShaun Watson and Joe Burrow both done for the season ... Browns and Bengals, two teams - along with the Broncos - vying for a wild card

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeShaun Watson and Joe Burrow both done for the season ... Browns and Bengals, two teams - along with the Broncos - vying for a wild card

I saw this too. Broncos need to do their part for any of it to matter, but events like this help set them up for a favorable finish. They just have to do their part.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this too. Broncos need to do their part for any of it to matter, but events like this help set them up for a favorable finish. They just have to do their part.

Just makes the road easier for the Chiefs. Chiefs always benefit.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand - the Chiefs may not be sufficiently tested for the playoffs. it also just doesn't seem like their year for success.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Chiefs are going to the playoffs either way. Very possibly as the #1 seed. Let's hope the Broncos can get in too and give them a playoff loss.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been my first thought for years, but I think this year is different ..

Two things that were unheard of a few weeks ago - the Broncos facing KC in the postseason and Houston possibly beating KC in a shootout in the postseason - seem like possibilities ... Not to mention the Ravens, I can def see them beating KC ...

Perhaps I'm just being a contrarian or whatever the word might be, but I don't see Miami as a contender .. Have they beat a team that was over .500 yet ??

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish the Broncos prime time games were all before Daylight Saving time. Now the games are on too late…

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It feels like the Vikings have cruised up and down the field at will and at the half it's still a 1 point game. Broncos haven't been great but they are in it!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lutz is the only reason Denver is in this game. Denver has been atrocious in the redzone tonight, and also in their Run Defense.