• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 Upsets

VFL1995

Vol For Eternity
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List all the upsets you think will happen in the opening weekend in College Football

Mine are-
North Carolina over South Carolina-I don't really know if this is considered an upset but I'll put it anyway. South Carolina has questions at QB which UNC does not. North Carolina 33, South Carolina 28

South Dakota State over Kansas-Kansas returns only 7 starters from a team that was god awful last season. I think they go winless this season. South Dakota State 31, Kansas 20

BYU over Nebraska-
Again, this may not be considered an upset but Nebraska is the bigger program. BYU is always a talented team and Nebraska will be breaking in a new coach. BYU 31, Nebraska 28

Texas A&M over Arizona State-
This is one of the more intriguing games of week 1, both teams will be very good this season but I think A&M could be a potential dark horse. There's talent across the board on offense and the defense should be improved under John Chavis. Texas A&M 38, Arizona State 35

Northern Iowa over Iowa State-
Northern Iowa is an FCS contender annually, they have a very talented team again this year. Iowa State has talent in places but this feels like an upset. Northern Iowa 30, Iowa State 24

Kent State over Illinois-
I have a strong feeling that Kent State will surprise a lot of folks this season. Illinois was a bit of a surprise last season and with a tougher schedule this season I don't see that happening this year. Kent State 34, Illinois 27

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List all the upsets you think will happen in the opening weekend in College Football

Mine are-
North Carolina over South Carolina-I don't really know if this is considered an upset but I'll put it anyway. South Carolina has questions at QB which UNC does not. North Carolina 33, South Carolina 28

South Dakota State over Kansas-Kansas returns only 7 starters from a team that was god awful last season. I think they go winless this season. South Dakota State 31, Kansas 20

BYU over Nebraska-
Again, this may not be considered an upset but Nebraska is the bigger program. BYU is always a talented team and Nebraska will be breaking in a new coach. BYU 31, Nebraska 28

Texas A&M over Arizona State-
This is one of the more intriguing games of week 1, both teams will be very good this season but I think A&M could be a potential dark horse. There's talent across the board on offense and the defense should be improved under John Chavis. Texas A&M 38, Arizona State 35

Northern Iowa over Iowa State-
Northern Iowa is an FCS contender annually, they have a very talented team again this year. Iowa State has talent in places but this feels like an upset. Northern Iowa 30, Iowa State 24

Kent State over Illinois-
I have a strong feeling that Kent State will surprise a lot of folks this season. Illinois was a bit of a surprise last season and with a tougher schedule this season I don't see that happening this year. Kent State 34, Illinois 27
Great thread, be back with mine! Aside of Arizona State (and trust me my picking skills would have me living under a bridge if I had to make a living doing it) so don't change a thing. I'm down with every other pick.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas returns only 7 starters from a team that was god awful last season. I think they go winless this season. South Dakota State 31, Kansas 20

Nothing to add to this topic other than ^ makes me sad. Not that I have any affection for KS, but not a single win?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas returns only 7 starters from a team that was god awful last season. I think they go winless this season. South Dakota State 31, Kansas 20

Nothing to add to this topic other than ^ makes me sad. Not that I have any affection for KS, but not a single win?

It is called the Weis effect.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan upsets Utah 21-10.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was leaning towards Nebraska because of all of the BYU players that will be suspended because of the bowl brawl, but I've heard Nebraska will have a few suspended as well.

Is that a Pick'em game? Because I don't know who the hell I'm gonna pick.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was leaning towards Nebraska because of all of the BYU players that will be suspended because of the bowl brawl, but I've heard Nebraska will have a few suspended as well.

Yes, it's in the Pickems

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it will happen, but I think Western Michigan and Michigan State will be a very competitive game. Western Michigan was an 8 win team last year, return a ton players on offense and its at Western Michigan. Also could Michigan State be looking ahead to the showdown against Oregon the following week?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU over aTm. Not too big of an upset when considering the betting line.

I want to say BYU over Nebraska but Riley is an unknown at Nebeaska.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is, and it is one of my lowest confidence points

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't thing ATM over Arizona St. is an upset. ATM is definitely the team to watch this year. They will do well. Loaded with talent according to the media. I'm not a big believer in the media, but they have enought 5 star talent that some of them have to be good. "If you throw enough mud on the wall, some of it is going to stick."