• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 @ New England Pregame

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I was looking at this as a win for most of the summer...the ruling allowing Brady to play, Bryant getting suspended, and the early look at the DEF has me doing a 180 on this.

Tomlin/Haley/Butler...in general I think took the preseason as strictly a tuneup...The limited time the DEF starters played together I think will reflect early in the season.

DEF....NE is a great test for this DEF because aside from Gronk, it's not about the name on the back of the jersey, it's about playing your position...Butler is probably going to blitz Brady, but I expect the CBs to play off coverage and keep the play in front much like they did LY. I expect NE to attack the middle and seams with Gronk...it'll be interesting to see how Butler defends him...LB or S...I would think Shazier is perfect for this role and also Spence, but I know they are salivating for Shark to be on him.

OFC...if Ben gets protection, and the running game is consistent...I see no reason why the OFC doesn't put up 24 to 27 pts in this game even w/o Bell and Bryant.

Outlook...27-30 NE. Not knowing what we're going to get on DEF, I just don't see them going into NE and claiming this one. This could be the team that has the ball last type game.

Your thoughts?

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....heavy-rain is in forecast,.....could be a close on because of it,.......27-20/Pats ...in a 5th preseason/game-like match.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pin the ears back and get at Brady, every damn snap. Tight coverage on receivers, jam them to give the rushers an extra heartbeat to converge.

And then, when players get fines by Goodell for illegal hits, appeal it to Judge Bunning.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..hey,....maybe I can =======drag big-BEN into a [porta-potty]....and "weaken" him up a lil' bit,...*hint/wink*...!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pin the ears back and get at Brady, every damn snap. Tight coverage on receivers, jam them to give the rushers an extra heartbeat to converge.

And then, when players get fines by Goodell for illegal hits, appeal it to Judge Bunning.

You know the drill...that's always been the blue print to beating NE, especially in NE...man up on the WRs tight and make them fight to get off the line and knock Brady around.

IDK if Butler trust his safeties to play that kind of game.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You start hitting him, he gets frustrated and takes great offense that anyone would dare touch Lord Brady.

Then he starts taking it out on his linemen and WR's for not doing their job.

Then things fall apart.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposed to be a nasty weather game so stopping the run has to be the focus, but any chance you can get to lay the wood to Brady, you take it. There is some talk of Will Allen starting this game...maybe just a matchup thing if it happens...Shark is still listed FS1...we shall see.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposed to be a nasty weather game so stopping the run has to be the focus, but any chance you can get to lay the wood to Brady, you take it. There is some talk of Will Allen starting this game...maybe just a matchup thing if it happens...Shark is still listed FS1...we shall see.

:nono: lol

I can see this being a very ugly game for the Patriots or watch out Steelers type game (since the Patriots will want to come out and pound their opponent, regardless of who it is. Stork being on IR might really favor the Steelers and they might be able to get to Brady... I am also wondering if Brady will be rusty or not.

I just wish that a-hole Roger would actually show up so the fans can boo the crap out of him but he is a coward and will hide behind the corner.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in every league I have Bryant... :hellno: (can't wait for him to come back... no offense but glad he isn't playing tomorrow.... Big Ben doesn't need another weapon)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: lol

I can see this being a very ugly game for the Patriots or watch out Steelers type game (since the Patriots will want to come out and pound their opponent, regardless of who it is. Stork being on IR might really favor the Steelers and they might be able to get to Brady... I am also wondering if Brady will be rusty or not.

I just wish that a-hole Roger would actually show up so the fans can boo the crap out of him but he is a coward and will hide behind the corner.

Meant to say Shark SS1...he got torched a couple of years ago I think by Gronk.

RG...agreed...coward.

NE...Idk Stork went on ir. Same here with Pouncey but they had time to sort it out...Wallace has played some C...getting to Brady....not holding my breath...Steelers have better players on the DL now with a year experience, but until I see Butler's DEF, Idk what to expect after the last 85 years with Dick LeBeau...lol.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say Shark SS1...he got torched a couple of years ago I think by Gronk.

RG...agreed...coward.

NE...Idk Stork went on ir. Same here with Pouncey but they had time to sort it out...Wallace has played some C...getting to Brady....not holding my breath...Steelers have better players on the DL now with a year experience, but until I see Butler's DEF, Idk what to expect after the last 85 years with Dick LeBeau...lol.

in his defense Gronk torches pretty much everyone.. I was shaking my finger at your "pound brady" part of your post, lol...

Yeah, they just placed him on IR: (which sucks major balls)
Patriots place OL Bryan Stork on injured reserve with designation to return; Sign DB Justin Coleman from Seattle practice squad

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yes RG is one hell of a coward!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in his defense Gronk torches pretty much everyone.. I was shaking my finger at your "pound brady" part of your post, lol...

Yeah, they just placed him on IR: (which sucks major balls)
Patriots place OL Bryan Stork on injured reserve with designation to return; Sign DB Justin Coleman from Seattle practice squad

Brady...well I hope he gets up each time...lol.

If TB's uniform is clean at the end of the game in NE...99% you go home with the L. Sorry to hear that on Stork but designated to return so rehab, rehab, rehab.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady...well I hope he gets up each time...lol.

If TB's uniform is clean at the end of the game in NE...99% you go home with the L. Sorry to hear that on Stork but designated to return so rehab, rehab, rehab.

Yeah, that's the game plan every year against Brady and for that matter every QB. It's supposed to be rainy and muddy so Brady's won't be clean :), Hopefully it gets dirty on his own accord. I do see the Steelers getting two sacks tonight. I think ONE will be on the Patriots opening drive, I just sadly have that gut feeling.

Thank you. Stork is a big loss imo but like you mentioned he will be returning, thankfully!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wet game early in the year is hard on Hammys and groins - all that slippin' and sliding.
Let's hope both team get out of this with no injuries.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the game plan every year against Brady and for that matter every QB. It's supposed to be rainy and muddy so Brady's won't be clean :), Hopefully it gets dirty on his own accord. I do see the Steelers getting two sacks tonight. I think ONE will be on the Patriots opening drive, I just sadly have that gut feeling.

Thank you. Stork is a big loss imo but like you mentioned he will be returning, thankfully!

Yep...no QB likes getting hit in the pocket...even Ben starts cringing after a big shot...Manning is probably the most effected by it.

Slow track tonight...idk who it favors if either team. Losing Stork right on the eve of the 1st game might be a factor...ball security is always big, even moreso with a wet football.

As you may know PIT has long been a 3-4 base DEF...The Tomlin/Butler regime has shown some 4-3 in camp not much in preseason...given they don't have a true NT, with this group the run DEF is better with McCullers and McLendon (both DTs) on the field and 1 less LB...for me it will be interesting to see how that plays out tonight.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...no QB likes getting hit in the pocket...even Ben starts cringing after a big shot...Manning is probably the most effected by it.

Slow track tonight...idk who it favors if either team. Losing Stork right on the eve of the 1st game might be a factor...ball security is always big, even moreso with a wet football.

As you may know PIT has long been a 3-4 base DEF...The Tomlin/Butler regime has shown some 4-3 in camp not much in preseason...given they don't have a true NT, with this group the run DEF is better with McCullers and McLendon (both DTs) on the field and 1 less LB...for me it will be interesting to see how that plays out tonight.

I think Sanchez does :heh:

I just wish Brady was more mobile than he is. Tonight I think he will have to be since of the conditions and the fact, no Stork. I see this a running game for both sides. Both sides probably gaining decent ground.

As much as I wish the Steelers were full strength I am glad they aren't because I am afraid about this game. It could be set up for a gigantic let down (after all the crap the Patriots have been through and how hyped they are for this game)