• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 1 - Miami Dolphins @ Cleveland Browns Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the O line that bad or is the Brown's D line that good?

It is really hard to say. I voiced displeasure about the play-calling early in the game - I think many times that factors into how the o-line performs. A few times the Fins called delay-type plays and that just is not a good idea with an OL that is a work in progress.

They are capable of playing uptempo and attacking at all times, despite all the excuses they may want to make about the lack of weapons or quality of them. Obviously, it is the first game of the season so you will always walk off the field with something to improve upon - I am sure the Fins didnt show all they had in this one game.

They will need to open it up more and at least TRY some things before just conceeding and claiming they can't.

Next week should be better. The running game should be better. Call more perimeter run plays, at least when Miller is in - When Thomas or Thigpen run it then they can go between the tackles because that is their strength.

Also, Maybe it was me - But, I didn't notice very many/ not enough formations in which we used the FB - He doesn't have to be involved in the sense that we have to run the ball with him or throw it to him - But, for blocking purposes, we need to use him more and I just don't think I saw that enough today... Not enough FB as lead blocker. Not enough multiple TE sets.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I forgot to mention is the chatter of how Mike Wallace responded to a question regarding his lack of production in the game.

Make nothing of it despite how he responded. Hartline and Gibson were solid, that is a sign that MW was covered a lot of the times and these guys just made plays.

Would really like to know who was the idiot that asked this question to MW to cause all this negative nonsense on week 1. Been doing my research on twitter but can't find anyone stepping up to admit they asked the question.

If it is a Fins writer, I have an idea. Will do more research. Let me know if you guys can find out if anything.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New fb probably wasn't ready so they were limited with formations. Good news is that will change!

Tanny said he was doubled and they used cloud zones which opened things up for others. Teams will eventually have to pick their poison and Wallace will have his day!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently salguero according to one poster on espn.