• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wednesday, July 31st Convo: Yeah, we sort of suck

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays fans are a sad species. Half empty stadium for a 64-44 team.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been pretty decent here. He's healthy now, which helps.

At least we didn't trade away Pedroia. If you've never seen him he's one
very well rounded player. Who busts his butt every game!

I got to see him when he was at ASU in person twice, he was always one of my favorite non Dbacks / Mariners players.

Dbacks played like they should have been playing all along tonight.

Yeah, they were distracted by Ian's horrible beard, then he shaved it and were distracted by his 12 year olds face.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed this win. Gonna be a strange time playing in 3 different cities in 3 straight days.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his last 11 starts (Since June 5th) Miley has a 2.44 ERA in 70 innings pitched. Not bad at all.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, we were all calling for Miley to get sent down and now he's one of our best pitchers!

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The icing on the cake would be Kubel getting dealt through waivers and calling up Davidson.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, we were all calling for Miley to get sent down and now he's one of our best pitchers!

It was the cave man beard. He was pitching bad and in AZ, bad pitching and beards don't go well together.

I'll have the next thread up in a couple of hours.

Cool, keep up the streak boss.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The icing on the cake would be Kubel getting dealt through waivers and calling up Davidson.

That would take our good trades this season to great trades this season.

It will also give Davidson some time in the minors to sort stuff out. He hasn't had a hit since the all star break (0-13) after missing about 4 games right after the break. He has a valid reason to have other stuff on his mind though because his grandfather passed away that break. Talk about emotional roller coaster, from future's game MVP to minors home run derby champ and then that happens.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other losers: Mets ("How can Marlon Byrd still be on their roster?" wondered one exec) … Diamondbacks (who lost out on Peavy, then traded a one-time 21-game winner within their division for a situational left-hander and a mid-level bullpen prospect) … Twins ("They would have gotten incredible value for Glen Perkins") … Blue Jays ("I know they were in no-man's land, but they didn't do anything") … Reds (shopped for bats and bullpen but never got either) … and Pirates (SEE RANGERS SECTION: emerged disappointingly batless, but only because what they were buying -- a middle-of-the-order bat -- turned out not to be buyable).

This guy holds no credibility with me!

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mid level prospect? Stites-Barrett will be an awesome duo in a few years.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other losers: Mets ("How can Marlon Byrd still be on their roster?" wondered one exec) … Diamondbacks (who lost out on Peavy, then traded a one-time 21-game winner within their division for a situational left-hander and a mid-level bullpen prospect) … Twins ("They would have gotten incredible value for Glen Perkins") … Blue Jays ("I know they were in no-man's land, but they didn't do anything") … Reds (shopped for bats and bullpen but never got either) … and Pirates (SEE RANGERS SECTION: emerged disappointingly batless, but only because what they were buying -- a middle-of-the-order bat -- turned out not to be buyable).

This guy holds no credibility with me!

He obviously hasn't watched Ian Kennedy pitch this season.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw so many sites with WR ranking that had Percy Harvin ahead of guys like Fitz, Andre Johnson etc. How the fuck is he better than them when he is never even healthy?

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw one guy say Kennedy's 2011 season had to do mostly with a great defensive OF. No, Kennedy is at fault for his struggles this year. Don't blame our OF for him giving up so many fucking home runs and hits in the gap.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost out on Peavy? According to actual reporter, we were never interested in Peavy.....

Scrub reporting.

AZ Sun

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant
HTML:
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statuses/362661291225128962

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw so many sites with WR ranking that had Percy Harvin ahead of guys like Fitz, Andre Johnson etc. How the fuck is he better than them when he is never even healthy?

I had a guy argue with me last year that Larry Fitzgerald was not a top 5 receiver because he had one bad season! It is a "what have you done for me lately" business but you don't lose credibility due to a quarterback debacle!