• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WeAk 12 Broncos @ Panthers

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Panthers.... this looks like a really low scoring game. Denver's defense is still legit, but almost all their wideouts are unavailable, Wilson hasn't yet got it together, and Gordon is benched (I saw that coming a mile away before the season started, he's nearly 30... only was a matter of time).

Obviously have to root for the Panthers for Seattle draft pick reasons. If the Broncos lose this game, I wonder if Hackett gets immediately fired. I think Hackett is gone after this season barring some 7 game win streak.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet on the Broncs....they gotta be able to beat the tanking Panthers.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Panthers.... this looks like a really low scoring game. Denver's defense is still legit, but almost all their wideouts are unavailable, Wilson hasn't yet got it together, and Gordon is benched (I saw that coming a mile away before the season started, he's nearly 30... only was a matter of time).

Obviously have to root for the Panthers for Seattle draft pick reasons. If the Broncos lose this game, I wonder if Hackett gets immediately fired. I think Hackett is gone after this season barring some 7 game win streak.
Hackett, McDaniels and Allen should all be fired. Bowles too if they don't make the playoffs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hackett, McDaniels and Allen should all be fired. Bowles too if they don't make the playoffs.

I'd put Kingsbury before Allen and Bowles. Allen was coming into fuck all this season, and Tomb Brady's age I think is finally catching up with him... he was gifted a win after Goodell flew a West Coast team all the way to Germany against a far east coast team (full day difference of travel).

I didn't think the Broncos would be Super Bowl bound, but I figured they might snag a wild card... I also thought if they didn't, the Raiders might snag a wild card.... both have been huge disappointments, and when it came out that Hackett wasn't even calling the plays in Green Bay, that said a lot... I think the Broncos hired Hackett with the full intent to get Rodgers, and when that didn't work out they settled for Wilson who is IMO a VERY difficult QB to coach. He has severe limitations to his game (progresses poorly, pre-snap reads TERRIBLY) and the best attributes of his game which should get him in the hall (mobility/improvisation with athletic ability/arm strength) are starting to fade.

Should be interesting today. If the Raiders and Broncos win it might keep Hackett/McDaniels on life support.... I meanwhile will have to go on it if that happens :(

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put Kingsbury before Allen and Bowles. Allen was coming into fuck all this season, and Tomb Brady's age I think is finally catching up with him... he was gifted a win after Goodell flew a West Coast team all the way to Germany against a far east coast team (full day difference of travel).

I didn't think the Broncos would be Super Bowl bound, but I figured they might snag a wild card... I also thought if they didn't, the Raiders might snag a wild card.... both have been huge disappointments, and when it came out that Hackett wasn't even calling the plays in Green Bay, that said a lot... I think the Broncos hired Hackett with the full intent to get Rodgers, and when that didn't work out they settled for Wilson who is IMO a VERY difficult QB to coach. He has severe limitations to his game (progresses poorly, pre-snap reads TERRIBLY) and the best attributes of his game which should get him in the hall (mobility/improvisation with athletic ability/arm strength) are starting to fade.
Oh....I agree on why they hired Hackett....have said as much in other Bronc threads.....just today in fact.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks and Jets have to be the 2 surprises of the NFL season.

Everybody thought Seattle was in tank mode and the Jets were a year or so away.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks and Jets have to be the 2 surprises of the NFL season.

Everybody thought Seattle was in tank mode and the Jets were a year or so away.

Rams and Packers are on the other side of that... I know both (especially the Rams sacrificing all those picks) were on borrowed time but I thought it'd last one more season in the green.

And the fact the AFC and NFC East both feature teams ALL with winning records is baffling to me. If anyone predicted that, they should've bought a lottery ticket.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams and Packers are on the other side of that... I know both (especially the Rams sacrificing all those picks) were on borrowed time but I thought it'd last one more season in the green.

And the fact the AFC and NFC East both feature teams ALL with winning records is baffling to me. If anyone predicted that, they should've bought a lottery ticket.
I expected the Rams to have a SB hangover and Staff has a baseball type elbow injury....

The Packers are a little bit of a surprise but Rodgers could be on the decline or he really misses Adams.

Think the Seahawks and Jets are bigger surprises than either though....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected the Rams to have a SB hangover and Staff has a baseball type elbow injury....

The Packers are a little bit of a surprise but Rodgers could be on the decline or he really misses Adams.

Think the Seahawks and Jets are bigger surprises than either though....

Yah perhaps.

Would've been interesting to see how the Jets would've done if Breece stayed healthy. As for Seattle, I 100% was of the opinion that Geno was not the answer and Drew Lock should've been the starter... woops. I also was ready to fire Hurtt by week 5 and he turned things around decently... so yah, oof on my part.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread pump and talk about non-Broncos items.... I do quietly root for the Broncos (close relatives lived in Colorado and always liked the Broncos) - just not this season because Seattle's draft picks are involved lol.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one wondering why Gordon was benched this week?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one wondering why Gordon was benched this week?

I think he's completely fed up with the coaching staff and direction of the team. I think in week 5 he was staring down Wilson: Melvin Gordon staring down Russell Wilson became an instant NFL meme

Obviously Denver is going to support the QB they just paid a shit ton of money to and are locked into for the next 3 years over an aging nearly 30 RB.... I would not be surprised if Gordon has asked for a trade, didn't get it, and would not be surprised if he retired after this year. He will 100% NOT re-sign with the Broncos. He may play another season for the league minimum.... but attitude like what he was exhibiting is a killer for runningbacks, and Gordon has lost a step. Few teams are going to be interested.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson pinned deep... Carolina's D is dangerous....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's D is 100% legit, but good fucking lord the Panthers have put together a 'special' offense.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's completely fed up with the coaching staff and direction of the team. I think in week 5 he was staring down Wilson: Melvin Gordon staring down Russell Wilson became an instant NFL meme

Obviously Denver is going to support the QB they just paid a shit ton of money to and are locked into for the next 3 years over an aging nearly 30 RB.... I would not be surprised if Gordon has asked for a trade, didn't get it, and would not be surprised if he retired after this year. He will 100% NOT re-sign with the Broncos. He may play another season for the league minimum.... but attitude like what he was exhibiting is a killer for runningbacks, and Gordon has lost a step. Few teams are going to be interested.
Gordon’s daze as a Bronco have expired.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good throw.... Wilson has gotta do something here...