• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We want Oregon...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way that Oregon and Texas would be a fair match up ( maybe) is if they made the forward pass illegal for the game. Case McCoy can hand off and that's it.

Who said anything about fair?

Look. Oregon lost to an unranked AZ, hammered even, almost lost to Oregon state and got seal clubbed by Stanford for 3 quarters before getting a lot of breaks to make it look respectable. It wasn't...

Texas has more than enough talent to win this game. It will be a good watch.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my own selfish reasons, I would prefer to see Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl against a very good Mizzou squad. My heart tells me that Baylor vs Mizzou would be even better but that will never happen. Oklahoma fan does travel like a plague of locusts so that could factor in the Sugar Bowl selection, esp. with NOLA being a tourist city. Im not sure if Oregon fanbase travel and support is as strong as Oklahoma but again, I would like to see the Bama vs Oregon matchup.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so. Be a once in a lifetime for Oregon to play the best program. Good measuring stick.

If you want that matchup dont get your hopes up. THink they will take Oky

I thought the November 23rd matchup against Arizona was a "good measuring stick" for the Ducks program.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheridan had Bama -7 vs Oregon. -11.5 vs OU

These games have never been about the best matchups but most money

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is a competetive matchup with BAMA? Are you people high?

BAMA is the exact type of matchup that will beat Oregon completely senseless.

A good matchup would be Oregon vs Texas in the Alamo bowl.

What I said was Oregon would give us a better game than Oklahoma would.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said was Oregon would give us a better game than Oklahoma would.

The last time Oregon faced a team like BAMA they got shut out for 3 quarters.

I don't see either team given BAMA much of a game, but I'm pretty confident that Bob will have his kids heads in the game at least.

Oregon players have been out in lala land for quite awhile now.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU got the bid for several reasons:

1. OU is much closer than Oregon to New Orleans.
2. The Sugar Bowl wants to be kind to the Big 12 because next year is when the big bowl partnership SEC vs. Big 12 starts in the Sugar Bowl.
3. OU has a brand name that will sell more tickets and merchandise.
4. OU fans will spend a lot of their oil money in good ole New Orleans.

Did I miss anything?

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon damn near lost 3 of the last 4 games they played.

Sugar Bowl!

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see either team given BAMA much of a game, but I'm pretty confident that Bob will have his kids heads in the game at least.

Don't believe. Bama has looked lost at times this year. VT and LSU come to mind and the fact they couldn't shut down one-dimensional Auburn...not to mention one-dimensional A&M. They are not the Bama of last year.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't believe. Bama has looked lost at times this year. VT and LSU come to mind and the fact they couldn't shut down one-dimensional Auburn...not to mention one-dimensional A&M. They are not the Bama of last year.

Bama is a very, very good football team. But you couldn't be more right. They are not the Bama of last year. The Bama of last year vs. FSU of this year is a game I would love to see.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when Oregon played a team like this for a championship it was a great game that was settle by, what, 3 points? But none of that matters because this Oregon team isn't that one and this Alabama team isn't that Auburn team.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Oregon played a team like this for a championship it was a great game that was settle by, what, 3 points? But none of that matters because this Oregon team isn't that one and this Alabama team isn't that Auburn team.

You're right. This Oregon team is worse than that team that lost to Auburn.

They would get wrecked by Alabama. Not only because it's a terrible matchup for them on the field, but also because they are not mentally prepared.

Keep bringing it up though, even though none of it matters in your opinion. :rollseyes:

The only reason it doesn't matter now, is because it isn't happening.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams is Alabama not a bad match-up for? What I said doesn't matter was Oregon losing to Auburn. Oregon losing to LSU doesn't matter either. In the 2 games where they played a "team like BAMA", one game was close, one game they were handled. I brought up the auburn game because you point to the LSU game and try to ignore the other. And at the end of the day none of those past games mean a thing if these 2 teams faced off this season.

And you act like I'm saying Oregon would kick Alabama's ass!! What I said was basically that I think Oregon is better than Oklahoma and would give Alabama a better game than OU would. Does that mean I think Oklahoma would lose by 7 and Oregon would lose by 3? Does it mean Oklahoma would lose by 28 and Oregon would lose by 24? You have no idea because you jump to the ridiculous conclusion that I'm saying it would be a great game. My whole point was that I think Oregon would get their ass kicked less than Oklahoma will.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams is Alabama not a bad match-up for? What I said doesn't matter was Oregon losing to Auburn. Oregon losing to LSU doesn't matter either.

I never brought up Auburn or LSU. You did. I'm talking about the manhandling they received at the hands of Stanford. THIS season.

In the 2 games where they played a "team like BAMA", one game was close, one game they were handled. I brought up the auburn game because you point to the LSU game and try to ignore the other. And at the end of the day none of those past games mean a thing if these 2 teams faced off this season.

Stanford is more in the mold of Alabama today than Auburn was.

But again. I'm not talking about Auburn and LSU, you are. I'm talking about Stanford.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, we're on the same page now. I didn't realize you were talking about Stanford. I stand by my opinion though.