• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We have speed rushers at DE but will be ok against the run

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas has speed rushers that should penetrate on passing downs but what about run support from the outside of the Dline?
The Cowboys project to have the lightest starting defensive end duo in football this season.
Per numbers compiled by Blogging the Beast's Jimmy Kempski, the average starting 4-3 defensive end weighs 273.6 pounds. Converted OLBs DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer are listed at 254 and 250, respectively. This is an obvious concern for the Dallas run defense. At an average of 291.5 pounds, the Seahawks have the heaviest defensive end tandem (Red Bryant, Cliff Avril). The Cowboys 252 pound average would be the NFLs lightest by nearly six pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will be near the bottom in rushing defense due to their lack of size and Ware being over rated and a nothing in big games.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will be near the bottom in rushing defense due to their lack of size and Ware being over rated and a nothing in big games.
With the way the rules are now making this a passing league run defense is not as important as it was in the past. Besides Spencer has always played the run fairly well so I dont see to much of an issue there. If Ware can do OK in the run defense we shouldn't get beat to badly by too many RB's

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Finally a post that responds to football. Thanks Jinx! Get this PE1 trashy troll off my thread. Not 1 spec of football talk from PE1 ever. E gals suck Forever Losers....go find the shegal board

Blue, welcome in to SH, as I see you made it now. It will be interesting to see if the DEs can take on the OTs when the offensive call is to run strait at the ends. Rat and Hatch should maintain the scrimmage line pretty well inside.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be ok. I think it will all workout, if not I believe these guys are smart enough to play a guy like Crawford or Rat at DE on 1st if need be. The LB's will be very important this year, esp Durant/Albright on run support.

theTonyRomoShow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree nets remember Ratliff was a defensive end to start his career. Crawford can play either and Hatcher has been a 3-4 end his entire career. No injuries this season and our line is going to be fine. Anything close to last year will bring more holes as these guys need rest and the depth of the team after lots of injuries is more than lacking. Also we don't have cap space to go out and start signing guys to replace. But we have speed rushers I like it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree nets remember Ratliff was a defensive end to start his career. Crawford can play either and Hatcher has been a 3-4 end his entire career. No injuries this season and our line is going to be fine. Anything close to last year will bring more holes as these guys need rest and the depth of the team after lots of injuries is more than lacking. Also we don't have cap space to go out and start signing guys to replace. But we have speed rushers I like it.

We have about 10MM in cap space, problem is you do not want to use any of that to replace guys on your team. If we have injuries like last year, I say let the youth play it out and see what we have. We should be deep in the youth department at DL with Bass, Crawford, and Wilber.

A lot of people are not talking about Bass, but I believe he will be a player at 4-3 SDE. Hatcher is putting on weight and will run the 1-tech from what I have been hearing, he better play the run better than he did last year or we will be in major pooh!

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a post that responds to football. Thanks Jinx! Get this PE1 trashy troll off my thread. Not 1 spec of football talk from PE1 ever. E gals suck Forever Losers....go find the shegal board

Blue, welcome in to SH, as I see you made it now. It will be interesting to see if the DEs can take on the OTs when the offensive call is to run strait at the ends. Rat and Hatch should maintain the scrimmage line pretty well inside.
I hope I am wrong TRS. I want a Super Bowl. Never had to wait this long before. I think it was a big mistake to keep Ratliff. Jerry stripping Garrett of play calling duties shows how organizationally we as a franchise stink. And I'm sorry, I will still be on the edge of my seat every Sunday again this year, but I have no faith at all in our D-line. IMO opinion Ware is over rated and sucks. I'd like the piece of crap to just show up for at least one big game this year. That would be an improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smoked alot of dope when I was a younger man .....

But it's scarey to imaging how much I would have to smoke to think Ware sucks

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the rules are now making this a passing league run defense is not as important as it was in the past. Besides Spencer has always played the run fairly well so I dont see to much of an issue there. If Ware can do OK in the run defense we shouldn't get beat to badly by too many RB's
Manster, you mean like the 200 yards rushing we gave up to the foreskins doesn't matter when the division is on the line? Its a passing league, so we don't have to worry about the run. I don't recall any teams that ever won a Super Bowl that wasn't in the top 6 defenses vs. the run. I think we should trade Ware to the Egals. He would fit in really good there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smoked alot of dope when I was a younger man .....

But it's scarey to imaging how much I would have to smoke to think Ware sucks

That's not weed that's talking there, more like the good ole crack pipe, just put it down please.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are starting the GARBAGE all ready TRS. I ALWAYS talk football and ALWAYS come correct. Dont you see everyone complaining about you on the other thread and them ALL giving me props. I've ALWAYS talked fooball and everyone complaining about you said you NEVER talk football. Just stop it.

I cant imagine how anyone could rip Ware, let alone a Cowboys fan. Just the heart he showed last year alone is enough to prove a lot. Every single top 100 list from 2009 to 2012 had Ware as a top 10 player in the league and I'd be ecstatic if he was an Eagle. Not to even mention what a class act he is off the field too. He did have an off season the last half of last year... but he was hurt. Every team in the NFL is desperate for pass rushers and he might be the best in the entire NFL over the last 1/2 decade. Tell you what. We will give you Akeem Jordan to play OLB and see how that works out for Dallas.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are starting the GARBAGE all ready TRS. I ALWAYS talk football and ALWAYS come correct. Dont you see everyone complaining about you on the other thread and them ALL giving me props. I've ALWAYS talked fooball and everyone complaining about you said you NEVER talk football. Just stop it.

I cant imagine how anyone could rip Ware, let alone a Cowboys fan. Just the heart he showed last year alone is enough to prove a lot. Every single top 100 list from 2009 to 2012 had Ware as a top 10 player in the league and I'd be ecstatic if he was an Eagle. Not to even mention what a class act he is off the field too. He did have an off season the last half of last year... but he was hurt. Every team in the NFL is desperate for pass rushers and he might be the best in the entire NFL over the last 1/2 decade. Tell you what. We will give you Akeem Jordan to play OLB and see how that works out for Dallas.
Why don't you just answer the tread ncmalko. Looks like you are starting the garbage. I didn't see anything in TRS's tread to deserve the crap you are trying to start now. Can I make an appointment for you to see a shrink and deal with your issues?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you just answer the tread ncmalko. Looks like you are starting the garbage. I didn't see anything in TRS's tread to deserve the crap you are trying to start now. Can I make an appointment for you to see a shrink and deal with your issues?

Give me a break. YOu are defending that piece of trash. I didnt say anything about him and he starts up with calling me a troll wich I never did and I ALWAYS talked football. I did talk football in the 2nd paragraph.... which he NEVER did in 5 years on the ESPN board. Cut me a friggin break dude.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you didnt read this blue jersey from TRS, "Get this PE1 trashy troll off my thread. Not 1 spec of football talk from PE1 ever. E gals suck Forever Losers....go find the shegal board"

Just because I dont agree with you on Ware you go running to your hero TRS. Jeezus dude.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you didnt read this blue jersey from TRS, "Get this PE1 trashy troll off my thread. Not 1 spec of football talk from PE1 ever. E gals suck Forever Losers....go find the shegal board"

Just because I dont agree with you on Ware you go running to your hero TRS. Jeezus dude.
BTW PE1 on the football talk of this. You are not gonna broker a deal for Ware. I think we will keep him on our team :becky: despite what others may think.

*Schmoop puts his foot down*

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang... and we were so close Schmoop. :laugh3:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW PE1 on the football talk of this. You are not gonna broker a deal for Ware. I think we will keep him on our team :becky: despite what others may think.

*Schmoop puts his foot down*

I can only think of one person who would want to rid this team of Ware.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't go running from anyone darling. I can more than defend myself.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jersey NO YOU DONT...

better friends you can find though.... And I like you. Hoping like hell you dont become a member of that circus