• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"We have an F n Midget"

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AM radio seems so antiquated. Is it possible he got fired for using the "F" word? Or maybe it was the whole phrase. He got fired from his AM radio job for using the F M word. That almost seems ironic.
I think the only people that heard him say this were his bosses. Guarantee it was an excuse to get rid of him, seriously was awful and annoying to listen to anyway.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not every city, but when I worked in PHI, hardcore Flyers town, it's definitely a Sixers town, but the Eagles are the heart of the city. ATL had 3 freakin 24 hr sports talk radio stations...now down to two, CFB is big down here too, but Falcon talk is available 24/7.

In the media though...they follow the story...they are what we want them to be mostly...whatever has the fan's interest. So they are obsessed because the fans are equally as obsessed or they wouldn't get any ratings.
Doesn't 93.7 transmit on AM radio also? Seems like sports talk in Atlanta gets good ratings most of the day/drive time.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even fuck with AM radio any more but back in the day, when you didn't have all the scores right at your fingertips it was pretty amazing how far of a reach it had. If you were driving to Florida you could hear the Phillies games way deep into the Carolinas, maybe even Georgia. And you could hear Celtics broadcasts on WBZ from Phila. And Cincinnati had AM stations that reached the east coast. Of course the sound quality wasn't always great and sometimes went in and out because of the weather. Today's degenerate gamblers don't know how good they have it.......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't 93.7 transmit on AM radio also? Seems like sports talk in Atlanta gets good ratings most of the day/drive time.

I can believe it...24 yrs ago when I moved here there were about 3 mil people...now...my county alone has a million people...6 mil people here now.

IDK about 93.7...but that wouldn't be AM...right now, CBS 92.9 the Fan has taken over the ratings here and 680 AM is still going okay. 790 the zone shut down...and they were actually stronger than 680 to me, but their #1 show hosts got into some trouble and it dragged the whole station down eventually.

92.9 FM is what I tune into now. I get about 15-20 min of the noon day show, and the afternoon drive for about 30 mins...that's my fill of sportstalk...music in the morning drive and in the office.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of grossi. In that tweet the whole time I thought it was the younger dude on the left.
:noidea:

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not every city, but when I worked in PHI, hardcore Flyers town, it's definitely a Sixers town, but the Eagles are the heart of the city. ATL had 3 freakin 24 hr sports talk radio stations...now down to two, CFB is big down here too, but Falcon talk is available 24/7.

In the media though...they follow the story...they are what we want them to be mostly...whatever has the fan's interest. So they are obsessed because the fans are equally as obsessed or they wouldn't get any ratings.
I am sure that is the case and I understand it's not exclusive to Cleveland. However, the Browns are simply awful. The the years that the Indians and Cavs have made it to the WS or Finals you would think they would garner more pub. Doesn't matter here.

To add to it, all you hear is the "glory days" of the late 80's which, honestly, were not all the great. They pissed all over themselves in 2 AFC Championship games. ESPN did a 30:30 a few years ago about the plight of Cleveland fans and it was a pathetic display

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only people that heard him say this were his bosses. Guarantee it was an excuse to get rid of him, seriously was awful and annoying to listen to anyway.
It was picked up on audio and was making the rounds. He has been shitcanned before. He used to work for a newspaper and made some derogatory comments about the Browns owner and they pulled him from the beat and he quit a few months later

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of grossi. In that tweet the whole time I thought it was the younger dude on the left.
:noidea:
All 3 are douches. That was Aaron Goldhammer, next to him is Tony Rizzo. Rizzo is a class act. He predicts the Browns are going to win the SB every year, and every QB they have is a HOF'er. I am exaggerating some but he is a lowlife. Multiple DV incidents, drunk driving

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even fuck with AM radio any more but back in the day, when you didn't have all the scores right at your fingertips it was pretty amazing how far of a reach it had. If you were driving to Florida you could hear the Phillies games way deep into the Carolinas, maybe even Georgia. And you could hear Celtics broadcasts on WBZ from Phila. And Cincinnati had AM stations that reached the east coast. Of course the sound quality wasn't always great and sometimes went in and out because of the weather. Today's degenerate gamblers don't know how good they have it.......
Used to love listening to AM radio at night when I was a kid

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its the parent company that owns that pathetic AM radio station. While we are at it. fire Tony Rizzo (the old bald guy in the video). He is a joke of a human being.

The Cleveland Sports Media market as a whole is a complete joke. As I have said before, no matter the time of year they devote 90% of their coverage to the Browns. It's beyond obsession

Yeah I've never understood why the Browns get all the coverage...not much for Cavs or Indians.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I've never understood why the Browns get all the coverage...not much for Cavs or Indians.
I remember vividly during the '16 WS they hardly talked about the Indians. You would think of all times that would have been the major topic of conversation

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And now Cheesecake Factory is getting more coverage than the Cavs & Indians......

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little people are allowed to say the "M" word and we aren't. :suds:
This is also the case with the "G" word. I was told a couple of weeks ago by a wild-eyed redhead that "only a ginger can call a ginger a ginger". It was terrifying.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also the case with the "G" word. I was told a couple of weeks ago by a wild-eyed redhead that "only a ginger can call a ginger a ginger". It was terrifying.
The soulless few they are.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AM radio seems so antiquated. Is it possible he got fired for using the "F" word? Or maybe it was the whole phrase. He got fired from his AM radio job for using the F M word. That almost seems ironic.
I think something to this.....no F bomb and he keeps his job IMO.