• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Way to early Spring Football predictions

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't predict how WVU frares this year until I get a few answers.

1. Who is the QB?

The season is largely going to hinge on the answer to this question. Millard, despite all of you having faith in him, is not a Big XII starting QB. He should carry a clipboard for eternity. No amount of smarts is going to make up for his lack of physical skills. Maybe the answer is to chop off Trickett's head and attach Millard's in it's place...

2. Can the O-line keep our QB upright?

Perhaps even more important than #1. Our QBs were destroyed last year by poor protection. Even if we find a good starting QB, can we keep him in games? If we can't keep the QBs clean, we may be begging for Millard by the end of the year.

I like the team overall. I think we're in fair shape on defense and the WRs and RBs are impressive. For my WAY too early call, I'm going to say 6-6, with an optimistic chance at 7-5 if we find a QB. I can see this team going anywhere from 8-4 to 3-9. My feeling is that we're a handful of players from turning the corner.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admire to optimism of our fans - in the face of 2 consecutive disappointing seasons and a new season looming, our fans reach for the stars and hope for the best. Nothing bad about that. I too have been feeling positive and want to believe good things are coming. I am hoping to see continuing improvement in our Defense, it is hard to fathom that it could get worse. On Offense, I think we have acquired some real playmakers, but their contributions are likely later in the season if not next year. Then there are our QBs - I have no idea what to expect there? If someone can stay healthy and take charge and be the leader - good things could happen.

I am going to put on my happy hat and go out on that limb and say that I can see a path to 7-5.... but we could just as easily be looking at 5-7.

Alabama - forget about it.... if we can keep it to a 20 point loss I will be surprised. 21-48
Towson - should be a cake walk for the team, but I remember W&M last year. Whew! 36-9
@MD - I have some predict a loss here - but I think we take this one on the road. 21-17
OK - we continue to lose to OU. 14-24
Kansas - I am hoping the team does not take Kansas lightly and we take car of business. 28-12
@ T Tech - I see a tough fought road loss here. 20-24
Baylor - I just don't think WVU can withstand the offensive onslaught. Tough loss at home. 35-55
@ OK St - I am not sure WV can stand up to the offense on the road. The Cowboys get revenge for last seasons puzzler - 17-34
TCU - WVU continues to find a way to beat TCU. 17-14
@ Texas - I think WVU finds another win on the road and upends the horns. 24-21
K St - WV takes a tough one at home. 23-21
@ Iowa St - Again, the team takes this game seriously and gets revenge for last seasons loss. 17-9

So while I am not predicting the greatest of seasons, I am hoping for a lot of improvement and expecting some key players to step up and make a statement about this team and their place on it.

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama @ Atlanta- Loss
Towson
@ Maryland
Oklahoma
Kansas
@ T Tech
Baylor
@ Ok ST
TCU
@ Texas
Kan ST
@ Iowa St

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try this again, my CPU went screwy!

Bama @ Atlanta- Loss- Closer than expected
Towson- Win- Closer than expected
@ Maryland- Win
Oklahoma- Loss
Kansas- Win
@ T Tech- Loss
Baylor- Loss
@ Ok ST- Loss
TCU- Win
@ Texas- LOss
Kan ST- Win
@ Iowa St- Win

6-6 with an upset over K. St.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will beat Bama.

They said GA was going to kill us, we seen what happened there.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bama team is far from perfect, but they get the benefit of the doubt.

There starter has not even taken a snap yet, anything can happen.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-3 and they upset Alabama!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-3 and they upset Alabama!

I like the optimism. If we are good enough to beat Alabama we should end up with at least 10 wins and maybe a spot in the playoff. For that to happen, we need two things 1 A QB who can come close to Geno's numbers and 2. an Ol that can keep the D out of the backfield on running plays.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama @ Atlanta - L
Towson - W
@ Maryland - L
Oklahoma - L
Kansas - W
@ T Tech - W
Baylor - L
@ Ok ST - L
TCU -L
@ Texas - L
Kan ST -L
@ Iowa St -W

hope I'm wrong
good luck

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there are a great deal of changes in the strength and conditioning of the team, some MUCH improved offensive line play, MUCH better defensive play overall, and some effective QB coaching, whoever the QB is, we are in for a LONG season.

After last season, picking wins over even the gimme teams is hard to do, with a bowl bid on the line this team lost to the two worst teams in the league, and two of the worst overall.

'Bama BAD loss
Towson close win
UMD loss
OU loss
KU ?
TT loss
Baylor loss
OSU BAD loss
TCU ?
UT loss, defense has fianally arrived in this league
KSU loss
IAST ?

After watching so many games lost in the fourth quarter last year, I really do not think this coaching staff knows how to get the kids in shape to play a full game. This coaching staff is 6-14 in the last twenty games, hardly instills confidence to predict many wins this year.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improvement Key to Spring

Yes this is a good thing :suds:

"That development from the defense was certainly noticeable by the fans, but also by the offense, says h-back Cody Clay.
“This defense is a lot more unpredictable,” said Clay. “Before, I could pretty much know what they were going to do before the ball was snapped. Now, (I can’t).”

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now let's hold on a minute..... 9 & 3 or even 10+ wins? And a playoff slot?
I wanna know what you guys are a smokin' and where can a feller get himself
some a dat? :suds: Yessir - dat be some gud stuff..... I tell u what!

Previously, we were discussing if this team could get to 6 wins to keep Coach H from being fired.
Now we have folks crowning us National Champs!! Gotta love those 'Eer fans and their optimism.
Seriously, if we get 6 or 7, I will consider this a valiant effort from this team given the uncertainty and the challenges they will face.

They are going to start the season with a brutal beating from a far superior team.
That could be hard for this young squad to recover from in time to get the 6 wins they need.