• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watson tried to get USF job

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have gotten it had it been available at the end of the 08 season.

They were discussing it on 1620 TheZone today, and they said he applies for HC jobs all the time. Watson in his 50's feels his clock is ticking.

I think USF did well by passing on him and getting Skip Holtz. I don't know if I would have felt that way at the end of 08 though.

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
alabama wanted his as their OC at the end of the 08 season

i guess i dont really care if a cord goes somewhere to be a head coach
now if they were to jump ship the the same position at a different school i'd be pissed

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know...I guess if he got it congrats to him and I wouldn't feel too bad about it. I mean if he is applying for HC jobs everywhere all the time then he most likely will eventually leave Nebraska and mine as well leave sooner then later so we can have good stability around here. I would be more upset if he left because of recruits possibly jumping ship (the few offensive ones we got this year) I guess the players especially QBs really like Watson.

He was a hot commodity after the 08 season, but he definately needs to prove himself worthy after the 2010-2011 season..If NU has a great improvement on offense he most likely will get a job somewhere because it shows it WAS HIM that had this offense rolling a few years back and it wasn't BC influence and last year it wasn't the leadership of Ganz and the WRs that maade him look good...So if we have a solid offensive performance next year then Watson deserves a job somewhere as a HC at a smaller school. But if our offense struggles yet again, then this guy proves to be the biggest crock, only third to BC and Cosgrove.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think during this offseason Watson is going to get a lot of help......as in I think Bo and staff are going to take the time to figure out the problems and fix them. I really do believe the offense is decent next year.....I am very confident in that to be honest.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually more worried about who's gonna be holding down our SS, FS, and MLB spots than I am the offense...

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me If Watson got the job good for him. I am in a hold on weather I would keep him at Nebraska. Reasons are NO player development on offense this season. Only one good game all season in my mind and that was the AZ game, none of the other games ever had a decent flow to them, it always seemed like they struggled on offense even in the OOC games. IF they pick up where they left off in the AZ game this coming season and you see player development so that they can plug in other players in any position like they have had to on D and special teams and not see much of a fall off if any then I would want to keep Watson. Right now I feel we are still two years or more from knowing or having any idea what Watson can do on Offense and having any idea of what to expect on Offense and if it will be any good. The rest of the team is looking pretty good and I expect Bo will keep those performing well. We need to have the offense step up like the D has.

FULINGU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WATSON

Watson should go back to the rock he crawled out from in colorado!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe shady has to try to sneak onto this board because he has no one to play with on the disney board anymore.

FULINGU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I WISH SHADY WOULD JOIN THIS BOARD, HE WOULD BRING A SOME INTEGRITY TO IT!!!

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I WISH SHADY WOULD JOIN THIS BOARD, HE WOULD BRING A SOME INTEGRITY TO IT!!!

shady! It is you! Like I said before, you'll have to behave here, or your negative posts will be history.