• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington will be active trading partners!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone wondered what it means when this team's activity during free agency is so minuscule? I know and appreciate SM and his desired, stated goal to build this team through the draft. To me that's a given, however, looking forward, there certainly are guys who were drafted by him in the league that meet both age and price requirements who could be aquired through some wheeling and dealing between now and the end of the draft. My expectations are that between now and then Washington will be very active players in this regards. Right now, there are followers penciling in guys as if they will be here on opening day.....well.... better make sure that those pencils have really good erasers on them. This team as curently constituted will NOT be the one taking the field in September.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do you mean care to get more in depth ? I'm curious

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I knew this would happen. IMO - right now SM is proceeding exactly as expected. Not sure what you mean by miniscule FA activity - they have already picked up 4 players on defense & all could start. I am sure that they are not finished.

What they have not done is spend tons of $$ on big name FAs, and they specifically stated that they would not be doing that as a general rule. I am not sure why this surprises people. Redskins fans need to stop thinking in terms of the old days where the team was always trying to make a big splash in free agency.

Remember - the official free agency period started a few days ago - it didn't end this week. In a few years most of us will probably be just as glad that the team didn't pickup guys like Suh or Revis. Non-moves like that are just as important as the actual moves made by the team. So far - so good!

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us dealing many picks for players!!!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see us dealing many picks for players!!!!

Hopefully none unless there is just some type of ridiculous deal on the table. People must not be paying attention to the past history for SM.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UOTE="106_7THEFAN, post: 6343453, member: 6057"]what do you mean care to get more in depth ? I'm curious[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what you're referring to, there's nothing in my statement related to your question.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the hell we have (other than picks) that anyone would want to trade for.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not giving up draft picks, we may trade away a player to aquire more though.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article from HH about 2 Trade scenarios

Should Redskins Trade for a Right Tackle? - Hogs Haven

Trade Scenario 1:

Washington sends Pierre Garcon to Cleveland for Mitchell Schwartz - Cleveland would absorb their part of Garcon's contract in 2015($7.5 million with a $4.4 million dead cap hit for the Redskins), but they could look to re-structure and/or extend the 28 year old beyond 2016 at a much more cap-friendly price. If they cut him after just one season, they save $8 million and won't carry any dead cap money.

Garcon would give whichever quarterback Cleveland decides to start, a legit go-to target, who is dangerous after the catch - something the Browns lost when Gordon was suspended.

Trade Scenario 2:

Washington sends Kirk Cousins and a fourth round pick to Cleveland for Mitchell Schwartz - Here the Browns get a young quarterback who can step in and give them a chance to win immediately. If Cousins does well, they can extend him next offseason. If he plays poorly, they still have a fourth round pick they received from the Redskins.

If if this were to happen, the Redskins would be set at offensive tackle for the foreseeable future. It would give us the option to pick up a pass rusher and possible a big receiver(which the team has been lacking). This could open up the door for WR Amari Cooper at 5 and OLB Eli Harold in the 2nd.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article from HH about 2 Trade scenarios

Should Redskins Trade for a Right Tackle? - Hogs Haven

Trade Scenario 1:

Washington sends Pierre Garcon to Cleveland for Mitchell Schwartz - Cleveland would absorb their part of Garcon's contract in 2015($7.5 million with a $4.4 million dead cap hit for the Redskins), but they could look to re-structure and/or extend the 28 year old beyond 2016 at a much more cap-friendly price. If they cut him after just one season, they save $8 million and won't carry any dead cap money.

Garcon would give whichever quarterback Cleveland decides to start, a legit go-to target, who is dangerous after the catch - something the Browns lost when Gordon was suspended.

Trade Scenario 2:

Washington sends Kirk Cousins and a fourth round pick to Cleveland for Mitchell Schwartz - Here the Browns get a young quarterback who can step in and give them a chance to win immediately. If Cousins does well, they can extend him next offseason. If he plays poorly, they still have a fourth round pick they received from the Redskins.

If if this were to happen, the Redskins would be set at offensive tackle for the foreseeable future. It would give us the option to pick up a pass rusher and possible a big receiver(which the team has been lacking). This could open up the door for WR Amari Cooper at 5 and OLB Eli Harold in the 2nd.

Very interesting scenario's you've posted there, I honestly expect some interesting trade deals to go down, especially if the rumors are true with regards to drafting Mariotta and legitimate interest in Michael Crabtree. With both on board, there would be a numbers crunch at their respective positions. Overheard the other day that there might be some interest in moving Morris with the intention being getting bigger and more versatile at RB. (Just a rumor though)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I knew this would happen. IMO - right now SM is proceeding exactly as expected. Not sure what you mean by miniscule FA activity - they have already picked up 4 players on defense & all could start. I am sure that they are not finished.

What they have not done is spend tons of $$ on big name FAs, and they specifically stated that they would not be doing that as a general rule. I am not sure why this surprises people. Redskins fans need to stop thinking in terms of the old days where the team was always trying to make a big splash in free agency.

Remember - the official free agency period started a few days ago - it didn't end this week. In a few years most of us will probably be just as glad that the team didn't pickup guys like Suh or Revis. Non-moves like that are just as important as the actual moves made by the team. So far - so good!

What I meant by "miniscule FA activity" is exactly what you've referred to (not spending a ton of money) not who they have picked up. A careful reading of my thread post should tell any reader that I am referring to trades, and not FA acquisitions. Why?? well if there is legitimate interest in drafting Mariotta, RGIII, Cousins or both may very well be wearing different colors. Same thing at WR if Crabtree is a target as is being reported. Maybe they move Morris (I've heard rumors, but that's all there's been on him)