• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Washington Huskies vs USC Trojans 6pm ESPN

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he thought he had 2 timeouts... I didn't think it was that bad a call until I thought it out..

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Sark,

Run Tre Madden more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he thought he had 2 timeouts... I didn't think it was that bad a call until I thought it out..

I doubt it. I think he just liked the way his defense was playing and decided to bet on them being able to get a 3 and out. It almost worked. USC got the Huskies to 3rd and 6 and gave up 7 yards. If the D holds, then the offense would have gotten the ball back with about 2 minutes left.

So, it wasn't a horrible decision, but it left no margin for error.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. I think he just liked the way his defense was playing and decided to bet on them being able to get a 3 and out. It almost worked. USC got the Huskies to 3rd and 6 and gave up 7 yards. If the D holds, then the offense would have gotten the ball back with about 2 minutes left.

Yeah. And I think if the field goal is made it seems like a better call too. If you get the ball back you just need a field goal to win...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, you guys had 3 personal fouls for roughing the qb and another for a block below the waist.
The first one by Azeem was earned, at least the roughing part. The 2nd one, I think was on Littleton, was a flop job by Kessler, and I don't remember seeing a replay of the block below the waist, I think because they declined it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first one by Azeem was earned, at least the roughing part. The 2nd one, I think was on Littleton, was a flop job by Kessler, and I don't remember seeing a replay of the block below the waist, I think because they declined it.

Yeah, 2 of the 3 were legit roughing (but the targeting was bullshit), the other one was "sold" by Kessler. You're correct, the block below the waste was declined.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your offense had all the momentum and they were 2-2 on 4th downs already. You had more options IMO going for it than taking the FG try. If you fail on 4th you are still in the same boat. UW has a long field and your D has a chance to stop them. Make the FG and you are kicking off still down 2.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your offense had all the momentum and they were 2-2 on 4th downs already. You had more options IMO going for it than taking the FG try. If you fail on 4th you are still in the same boat. UW has a long field and your D has a chance to stop them. Make the FG and you are kicking off still down 2.

I pretty much agree, but our defense had momentum too and had just had two 3 and outs in a row where they pretty much had UW's offense going backwards. With the field goal, if the defense holds, we get the ball back and only need a field goal to win.

Like I said, I thought it was a bad call, but not a horrible call, I could at least understand the logic behind it. Personally, I wouldn't have made that call with only 1 timeout, but I tend to like leaving a defense some wiggle room.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookmarked the season isn't iver thanks for the karma this post will serve its purpose :suds:
I doubt a two loss team that will likely be unranked after this weekend is making it back into the top 10.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd Marinovich to Kessler- "I know how ya feel bro"

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt a two loss team that will likely be unranked after this weekend is making it back into the top 10.
What?? Are you saying if Bama loses two games, they won't be in the top ten when the season ends?? Shame on you!! LOL.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's USC's remaining schedule:

@ Note Dame
Utah
@ Cal
Arizona
@ Colorado
@ Oregon
UCLA

does anyone see them winning more than 2 of those games?

these 3 are losses: ND, Utah, Oregon

this is likely a loss: Cal

these 2 are coinflips at best: Arizona, UCLA

only likely win: Colorado
USC will beat Notre Dame and Colorado. I don't know about the others.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were to grade out the 3 units for UW, I'd have to give no more than a C+ to the offense, and A for the D, and a B for the special teams. I mean how huge was that late punt by UW that pinned USC back deep? That thing had to travel at least 70y in the air.

UW not only dominated with their D, but held USC's return game in check.

The C+ for the O takes into account that it was on the road and with a true frosh QB that really only made one big mistake, but you can't grade high a team that left so many short field possessions with no points in the first half. I'll give Smith credit for the adjustments in the second half and the balance they found with the running game. I wish they had done more after Victor's ejection so it didn't have to be entirely on the D to hold that game, but it was an improvement over the Cal game for sure. Why only a B for the special teams? First missed FG :L

UW's D was gashed repeatedly by USC's run game, but I still gave them an A for how strong they played right out of the gate and how well they finished late against a very potent offense on the road. You just can't give them enough bonus points for that.

Fair assessment Whiz...good read

Huskie CBs did an awesome job shutting down USC receivers all night.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they're not winning in South Bend, sorry.
ive stated this before an angry USC team coming offa loss to Washington . And a ND team coming off a game vs navy is a a bad mix for ND. ND is 2-7 in games following Navy in the past 9 years. Navy is a very difficult adjustment and effect several teams adversely in their following games. Most teams lose or fail to cover their games following navy. I'm not saying USC wins but I wouldn't be that confident in ND if I were you either