• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Washington Football team sold

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how you know this is a legit sports site. Any other place this would've been banned lol.

Well I wouldn't say it's only because it's a sports site, I may be wrong (not a mod or admin) but I get the impression there's mostly older adults on here or people that are fairly level headed and either understand sarcasm/humor (I lay on sarcasm fairly thick at times) or can deal with a controversial topic without needing to run to their safe space all butthurt and cry about how things are SOOOOO offensive and how they are SOOOOO offended and will have emotional distress etc. Instead you have an ignore button, use it and don't whine lol.

Basically from what I've seen, this site doesn't encourage precious little snowflakes...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, congrats to Redskins fans. We felt the same when Georgia Frontiere no longer owned the team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I despise little Danny for being a POS but he made a great investment. I hope the new owner of the Redskins chooses a new name that’s politically correct enough for the SJW crowd and pays homage to the old name. The Commanders name suck ass.
maybe the Redskins can finally get back to football instead of being a toy for the owner to play with.
FDS and good luck to the Redskin faithful
Very unlikely they change the name again

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be so sure the new owners are going to want to purge everything that Snyder and his toxic work environment touched and the new name does not sit well with the fans of the team. I give the chances 60-40 for a name change but that’s just my opinion.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t be so sure the new owners are going to want to purge everything that Snyder and his toxic work environment touched and the new name does not sit well with the fans of the team. I give the chances 60-40 for a name change but that’s just my opinion.
Exactly, this is a great time to change the name. There will be renew enthusiasm to go to the Commanders game but also buy their gear. New name could even drive sales even more.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, this is a great time to change the name. There will be renew enthusiasm to go to the Commanders game but also buy their gear. New name could even drive sales even more.
Maybe teams should change their names every 3 years to drive merch sales.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. The only sign that I've seen far aa a name change happening is team president Jason Wright said there will be no name change. He's been ridiculously wrong or outright lied about damn near everything else he's said concerning the Skins. I'm hoping the trend continues.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. The only sign that I've seen far aa a name change happening is team president Jason Wright said there will be no name change. He's been ridiculously wrong or outright lied about damn near everything else he's said concerning the Skins. I'm hoping the trend continues.
I'm no redskin fan, as you like nothing about the Cowboys but I hated this name change, threatens my sports childhood.

Let me ask you something...IF we must change the name cause feelings are hurt.

Why not the classic 60's Spear helmet and Warriors?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could definitely see a name change in another year or two but Harris will surely have a lot of issues to resolve

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no redskin fan, as you like nothing about the Cowboys but I hated this name change, threatens my sports childhood.

Let me ask you something...IF we must change the name cause feelings are hurt.

Why not the classic 60's Spear helmet and Warriors?
I hated the name changed as well as it buried the greatest team name n the greatest emblem of a team (the Warrior Chief) in all of North American team sports and probably the world......and maybe the universe. I believe if Snyder wasn't such a gigantic, top-notch dickhead of the highest order. The name and the emblem could've survived.

You mean IF the name again must be changed again?

I was with what you're saying from jump street.
Even before the name change was inevitable. Warriors was always my choice. It flows nicely and just use the spear n feather helmet as the main helmet and add a Capital W or two Ws interconnected with a feather hanging from the W as a change-up helmet and keep all the unis the same. I would've told anyone who was butt-hurt about that to kick fuckin rocks. Cuz no group can lay claim to a spear or a feather as being expressly theirs and theirs alone.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the name changed as well as it buried the greatest team name n the greatest emblem of a team (the Warrior Chief) in all of North American team sports and probably the world......and maybe the universe. I believe if Snyder wasn't such a gigantic, top-notch dickhead of the highest order. The name and the emblem could've survived.

You mean IF the name again must be changed again?

I was with what you're saying from jump street.
Even before the name change was inevitable. Warriors was always my choice. It flows nicely and just use the spear n feather helmet as the main helmet and add a Capital W or two Ws interconnected with a feather hanging from the W as a change-up helmet and keep all the unis the same. I would've told anyone who was butt-hurt about that to kick fuckin rocks. Cuz no group can lay claim to a spear or a feather as being expressly theirs and theirs alone.
I think the problem with Warriors was how much it was used already. Intellectual property problems.

I thought Washington Football Team was kind of bad-ass, tbh. "You all can come in here with your frufy names and mascots. We're just here to play football."

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with Warriors was how much it was used already. Intellectual property problems.

I thought Washington Football Team was kind of bad-ass, tbh. "You all can come in here with your frufy names and mascots. We're just here to play football."
I liked WFT more than the Commanders. Per the norm bullshit, team pres Wright along with others spoke of fans having an actual say in the new name and it seemed as if Red Wolves n Red Tails were among the faves. I can't say I was feelin either one, but a couple helmet designs for the Wolves looked alright and as the NFL has no team with a dog/wolf name. As well as already having the Eagles, Seahawks n Jets in the mix. I thought the Red Wolves had the inside track over Red Tails. Ol' Danny Dickhead wasn't having it though and hence the fucking Commanders were born. Regardless, they can call them whatever. They will always be the Redskins to me and I will continue to refer to them as the Skins.

But yeah, I agree with you. Warriors likely present too many hoops to jump through.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that awful, politically correct generic nickname that was grabbed from a Madden game. They will always be the Redskins.

Different name, same inept franchise.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different name, same inept franchise.
They have only been inept since little Danny took over. He ran them in the ground like a car thief drives a stolen car only to be rewarded when selling them. His tenure deserves to be wiped from the history of the redskins along with his toxic work place culture. I wish Snyder nothing but getting ran over by the karma train again & again &again rinse repeat 1000 times

And this is coming from a Cowboys fan F**k Dan Snyder