• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Was Ireland behind your drafts?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious since he's going to the saints as a scout.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious since he's going to the saints as a scout.

He was very involved with the Fins' drafts as GM. I think he had final say regarding the picks that were made. He was not very popular with most fans of the Fins. That said, I sincerely wish him the best for the Saints as a scout. The Saints are my favorite NFC team. A reduced role as a scout may be best for Ireland & the Saints.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the 2013 draft results and apparently it said Ireland was behind the drafting of Dallas Thomas. Is he still bad or did he turn it around? Because one of the saints biggest needs is OL.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at the 2013 draft results and apparently it said Ireland was behind the drafting of Dallas Thomas. Is he still bad or did he turn it around? Because one of the saints biggest needs is OL.

The Oline was devastated 2 yrs ago with the Bullygate scandal and D Thomas couldn't earn playing time as a rookie. Last year the Fins brought in a bunch of quality vets and improved. D Thomas was inconsistent at RT. He had an OK game then got dominated the next week by a quality DE. He filled in when LT Albert got injured and J James (who was great as a rookie) had to move to LT. D Thomas could be an occasional backup RT for the Fins at this point. He may be better suited for a guard spot. D Thomas was a good player at Tennessee when he was drafted. With a #13 pick the Saints should be able to get a quality lineman. It's easier to get a quality pick in the middle of the first round. What the Saints need & the Fins need are quality picks in the middle rounds also in the next draft. Last year the Fins' GM did well with the top 2 picks & the late picks. The middle picks are TBD.