• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

warren sapp speaks the troof!

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Don't talk to me about Al Golden and whatever that D-coordinator's name is," Sapp said. "Let me tell you what I've learned in the 19 years of being around the NFL ... don't hire someone you can't fire. That's the golden rule. The D-coordinator is killing my school. That looks like no Miami defense in the history of our school; even when Schnellenberger was getting it started!"*Sapp did not hold back, proceeding to reference Miami's 48-30 loss at Duke in Durham on Nov. 16."We got too much tradition down there to -- boy, Duke spotted us 10 points and beat us by 15 in a high school stadium. I'm sick!"*"That D-coordinator" is longtime Golden assistant Mark D'Onofrio, and after back-to-back seasons of finishing near the bottom of the ACC in total defense he has become a target of criticism for many Miami fans.*

Great minds....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to watch Sapp in the 92 game vs Miami last night.

:D

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"don't hire someone you can't fire."

Is it "Can't" fire or "Won't fire"?

To me some of these coaches when they get a big gig, they surround themselves with friends (share the wealth) and their emphasis is on keeping their buddy employed in a good paying job over success of the program.

You are there to win mf'er, not to line your buddies pockets along the way. The fact is the head coach makes $3+ million a year for 4 years minimum and if he finally gets fired he's set for life if he managed that money properly, so why does he give a fuck if he falls back to a coordinator or position coach somewhere else (he's already got a nest egg). He did take care of his friends along the way tho.

It's the very reason I want Pelini shit-canned. He puts 'keeping his buddies employed' over the program that is Nebraska. Callahan was the same with keeping Kevin Cosgrove around. Go ahead and fire me, I've got my contract cash, and my buddies made good coin. Milk it for all it's worth.

A coach who truly cares about the program and his legacy will replace a coordinator or position coach who clearly isn't getting the job done year after year. If it's obvious to the media and the fan base, how can it not be obvious to the person in charge of evaluating the team?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give Hoke a lot of credit for acknowledging "the obvious" and firing his offensive coordinator. He is at least attempting to rectify Michigan's offensive woes.

Program first.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warren Sapp is usually an idiot however. This is the most intelligible thing I've heard him say in awhile