• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake up, bitches. It's game day!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and the Big 12 can't even get rivalry week correct. Other conferences give us Arizona-Arizona State, Washington-Washington State, Alabama-Auburn, Mississippi-Mississippi State, etca. Not the Big 12...they can only get one. Only one of them Oklahoma - Oklahoma State aka Bedlam makes the final weekend. But not Kansas-Kansas State or Baylor-TCU which are naturals. Noooooo, they give us frickin' TCU-West Virginia, Kansas-Baylor, etc on the rivalry week.

For some reason Kansas/Kansas State NEVER play on rivalry week, but TCU/Baylor sometimes play on rivalry week and other times play mid-season I don't know why they do that.

Better yet Missouri and Pitt need to cooperate OOC and instead get Missouri/Kansas and West Virginia/Pitt on rivalry week, clearing up the space for Baylor/TCU

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason Kansas/Kansas State NEVER play on rivalry week, but TCU/Baylor sometimes play on rivalry week and other times play mid-season I don't know why they do that.

Better yet Missouri and Pitt need to cooperate OOC and instead get Missouri/Kansas and West Virginia/Pitt on rivalry week, clearing up the space for Baylor/TCU
Yeah, I don't understand that. USC-UCLA didn't play on rivalry weekend either this year. I understand some traditional ones like the RRSO and WLOCP. But those are unique. I believe Colorado - Colorado State open the season don't they?

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't understand that. USC-UCLA didn't play on rivalry weekend either this year. I understand some traditional ones like the RRSO and WLOCP. But those are unique. I believe Colorado - Colorado State open the season don't they?

I don't exactly get why that happened either, USC's regular season is over already. Normally if USC/UCLA don't play on rivalry weekend it's because USC plays Notre Dame.

Correct, Colorado/Colorado State always open the season against each other

Colorado State played us instead of Wyoming this year, but I guess Wyoming playing Air Force is also one

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't exactly get why that happened either, USC's regular season is over already. Normally if USC/UCLA don't play on rivalry weekend it's because USC plays Notre Dame.

Correct, Colorado/Colorado State always open the season against each other

Colorado State played us instead of Wyoming this year, but I guess Wyoming playing Air Force is also one
Colorado State is only about 100 miles to either Air Force or Wyoming isn't it? That's pretty close geographically for the MWC. Fresno-San Jose is probably fairly close.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

traditionally it was because of KU vs MU. Not sure why it doesn't happen now.

Big 12 isn't the only conference that has that issue. The ACC cannot make up their damn when they want to schedule Duke/Wake. Sometimes it's on rivalry week, sometimes it's on some other weird date. It's strange. You can imagine how pumped I am to play some random team from western New York today.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado State is only about 100 miles to either Air Force or Wyoming isn't it? That's pretty close geographically for the MWC. Fresno-San Jose is probably fairly close.

They are so it makes a lot of sense, it must be a trade off annually between Wyoming playing either Colorado State or Air Force to end the year

Fresno/San Jose are close, they play each other to end the year most years except during Tedford's first year where we played Fresno State to end the year on the blue and then played them again the following week in the MWC championship. It was a big controversy and I don't think it will happen again

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can imagine how pumped I am to play some random team from western New York today.
That's exactly what I thought when I was watching TCU-West Virginia yesterday. TCU did blow a bowl chance by losing. But it seemed to me like neither team was real interested in playing the game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
traditionally it was because of KU vs MU. Not sure why it doesn't happen now.

Big 12 isn't the only conference that has that issue. The ACC cannot make up their damn when they want to schedule Duke/Wake. Sometimes it's on rivalry week, sometimes it's on some other weird date. It's strange. You can imagine how pumped I am to play some random team from western New York today.

Doesn't make any sense LOL, Duke plays Miami(fl) today. Nothing screams rivalry like Duke vs the Canes.

I think traditionally Kansas State/Iowa State play during rivalry week so Kansas and West Virginia are kind of just out there without a game. They just need to get it together and play Missouri/Pitt respectively

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make any sense LOL, Duke plays Miami(fl) today. Nothing screams rivalry like Duke vs the Canes.

I think traditionally Kansas State/Iowa State play during rivalry week so Kansas and West Virginia are kind of just out there without a game. They just need to get it together and play Missouri/Pitt respectively

The annoying thing is there aren't that many traditional rivalries that you can schedule on rivalry week in the ACC. FSU, GT, Clemson and Louisville have their OOC rivalry games on that date.

VT/UVa, NCSU/UNC and Duke/Wake are the only three ACC games that make sense on rivalry week.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I thought when I was watching TCU-West Virginia yesterday. TCU did blow a bowl chance by losing. But it seemed to me like neither team was real interested in playing the game.

Baylor vs TCU is an easy game to schedule for that date, too. Doesn't make any sense.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The annoying thing is there aren't that many traditional rivalries that you can schedule on rivalry week in the ACC. FSU, GT, Clemson and Louisville have their OOC rivalry games on that date.

VT/UVa, NCSU/UNC and Duke/Wake are the only three ACC games that make sense on rivalry week.

That leaves Boston College, Syracuse, Miami (fl) and Pitt

Pitt should play West Virginia

Miami can play FIU or something I don't know they're kind of left out

Syracuse and Boston College I believe play each year

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor vs TCU is an easy game to schedule for that date, too. Doesn't make any sense.

Guess there wasn't a way to fit Baylor/Kansas and TCU/WVU earlier in the schedule this year while allowing them to have sufficient bye weeks?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. They are only 85 miles apart and don't like each other very much and that dislike has been going on for a very long time. Got even more heated when Gov Ann Richards got Baylor into the Big 12 when it started.

TCU was even located in Waco for a while!

Move to Waco, roots of rivalry, 1895–1910[edit]
The need for a larger population and transportation base prompted the university to relocate to Waco from 1895 to 1910; it purchased the campus of the defunct Waco Female College.[10] The institution was renamed Texas Christian University in 1902, though almost immediately it was dubbed as its acronym TCU. It was during this 15-year sojourn in Waco that TCU in 1896 entered the ranks of intercollegiate football and adopted its school colors of purple and white, as well as its distinctive Horned Frog mascot. This also laid the groundwork for the oldest private college rivalry in history between TCU and then-fellow Waco denizens Baylor College, later Baylor University. "The Revivalry" - as the rivalry is known on both sides - is the most even rivalry in collegiate football at any level, with the series currently led by TCU 55–52–7, and with neither school ever enjoying more than an eight-game win streak; TCU won the eight consecutive games from 1964 to 1971 and Baylor won eight consecutive from 1974 from 1981.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess there wasn't a way to fit Baylor/Kansas and TCU/WVU earlier in the schedule this year while allowing them to have sufficient bye weeks?
Playing a complete round robin may cause some scheduling headaches for sure. But the Big 12 seems to accomodate some rivalries but not others.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Next year, Iowa State and West Virginia revert back to rivalry week. Doesn't matter to me either way as Iowa State and Iowa always play in September (with the exception of 2001 due to 9/11). Cy-Hawk has developed it's own distinctive September Rivalry vibe, so I am cool with that and don't mind playing K-State, WVU or any other Big Xii team in Rivalry Week. KU would be cool too. That being said, K-State is ISU's most played opponent remaining with the departure of Nebraska and Mizzou.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone know who the fuck is this guy?

6B061EDE-4617-4451-BD60-622405CA2DD3.jpeg