• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

W/Russ staying in OKC, does Lebron now stay put?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LBJ has no easy franchise to move to IMO now that Russ wont be going to LA. I am wondering if Russ's decision (and probably PGs) to sign in OKC means Lebron has no greener pastures?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Russ was ever in the plans for Lebron, tbh. I feel like it doesn't really have any possible effect on Lebron leaving for LA. If anything it may strengthen his case if he wanted to leave to go to Philly, since the East is so competitively weak now.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Russ was ever in the plans for Lebron, tbh. I feel like it doesn't really have any possible effect on Lebron leaving for LA. If anything it may strengthen his case if he wanted to leave to go to Philly, since the East is so competitively weak now.

I think the potential impact was more that now George is less likely to go to LA.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you Wiggy?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So LBJ has no easy franchise to move to IMO now that Russ wont be going to LA. I am wondering if Russ's decision (and probably PGs) to sign in OKC means Lebron has no greener pastures?

Russ wasn't really on the Lakers radar. All of the talk has been about Lebron and PG going to the Lakers. I always got the impression that Russ was more of a if Lebron and/or PG don't come to LA, then they'd make a run at Russ.

Nothing has really changed re: PG and the Lakers. Once the trade to OKC happened, it was always going to be about how well he and Russ play together and how far they go into the playoffs.

If they play well together/make a nice playoff run...he'll stay in OKC. If they don't...he'll probably be a Laker.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who Knows?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they play well together/make a nice playoff run...he'll stay in OKC. If they don't...he'll probably be a Laker.

For PG I agree. For Lebron I just now wonder if he looks around and says, what out there is better? Maybe the Spurs, I guess maybe the Clippers? I just think the Westbrook signing really shook up alot of plans

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For PG I agree. For Lebron I just now wonder if he looks around and says, what out there is better? Maybe the Spurs, I guess maybe the Clippers? I just think the Westbrook signing really shook up alot of plans

I don't see why it would effect Lebron's plans. I mean, all of the speculation was him and PG to the Lakers. I think about the only thing that would change that (assuming it's truly his plan) would be if PG stays in OKC. If he does, then the Lakers would have to sign another top FA or lose Lebron.

I mean, Lopez and KCP are good players, but that's not enough to get Lebron to the Lakers...no matter how good Lonzo might be.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why it would effect Lebron's plans. I mean, all of the speculation was him and PG to the Lakers. I think about the only thing that would change that (assuming it's truly his plan) would be if PG stays in OKC. If he does, then the Lakers would have to sign another top FA or lose Lebron.

I mean, Lopez and KCP are good players, but that's not enough to get Lebron to the Lakers...no matter how good Lonzo might be.

Did Lebron say he was going to the Lakers?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about him leaving. It just seems like it would do much to his legacy if he darted for a third team after bailing on Cleveland twice when he's always talking up how much he loves it there. And if the Lakers are serious about developing Ball then they should just stay away and let the team grow organically a little bit instead of throwing a mega-star who's so demanding of the center stage into the mix.

stephcurry182

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing else outside of Cleveland is going to determine LeBron's decision. Its all going to come down to how things go this year with the new roster, and how chemistry builds.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lebron say he was going to the Lakers?

Not that I know of. There's been a bunch of speculation about it. They were talking about it again on Dan Patrick this morning.

I know that at least one "expert" has said that it's a sure thing. But as far as I know, unlike PG, Lebron has never said he's going to the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about him leaving. It just seems like it would do much to his legacy if he darted for a third team after bailing on Cleveland twice when he's always talking up how much he loves it there.

Reports are that his family doesn't share his love for Cleveland and didn't want to go when he left Miami to return.

His legacy is exactly why he could look at going to the Lakers. Lebron wants to go down as the GOAT or at least be considered co-GOAT. Even if he somehow gets 6 rings, he's not supplanting MJ because of MJ being 6-0.

However, if he were to do something that no one in league history, including MJ, has done, it gives him a different argument for that. If he were to go to the Lakers and win a title, he would be the only player in league history to lead 3 different teams to a title. He would also would get credit for returning a storied franchise to championship level.

And if the Lakers are serious about developing Ball then they should just stay away and let the team grow organically a little bit instead of throwing a mega-star who's so demanding of the center stage into the mix.

I think Lebron coming to the Lakers would actually help Lonzo's development. Like Lonzo, Lebron came into the league as a pass first guy and was often criticized for being "too unselfish" or too quick to look to pass." He had to learn that balance. I think Lonzo will need to learn that too. Lebron could help with that.

Plus, Lonzo is 19. I'm sure there is plenty he could learn from an all time great, who's still arguably the best in the game, that he can carry on for years after Lebron has retired.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Clippers balked on offering Paul max money for max years and then traded him to the Red Rockets, they kissed any hope of LeBron even glancing our way goodbye.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Westbrook was ever really in the plans for the Lakers given the recent drafting of Lonzo Ball. His signing really changes nothing unless that team goes VERY deep into the playoffs to convince George to stay.

Lebron's issues aren't with how far his team can get, they're with his owner.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he leaves Cleveland. Going to the Lakers to help revitalize them could be on his mind.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he leaves Cleveland. Going to the Lakers to help revitalize them could be on his mind.

And who really knows what is on his mind? lol

No one thought he'd leave the Cavs to go to Miami. He did.

After the letter Dan Gilbert wrote, no one thought he'd leave Miami to return to Cleveland. He did.

Now, everyone seems to think he'll leave Cleveland and go to the Lakers. Sooo....

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who really knows what is on his mind? lol

No one thought he'd leave the Cavs to go to Miami. He did.

After the letter Dan Gilbert wrote, no one thought he'd leave Miami to return to Cleveland. He did.

Now, everyone seems to think he'll leave Cleveland and go to the Lakers. Sooo....

It's true that we really don't have any idea what Lebron or anyone else plans on doing.